New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

Here's some shots of 'Ravenwood' museum ... an 1,100 sq. foot building located on 8 acres in Canada.
museum 011.jpg

Media cabinet - contains English, UK, French, German, Italian, and Japanese releases.

museum 012.jpg

Arcade contains (TOD Atari - not shown), Pinball, Fruit machine UK, both styles pachinko (Japan) and Fruit Machine (Germany).

museum 014.jpg

Library- contains English, UK, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Hebrew, Chinese and Japanese novels/magazines/comics. Also press materials, catalogs and software.

tnswman said:
huh??? no toys?

Look behind the video cabinet - they are sort of hidden back there. I have lots of toys, puzzles, food items, 100's of shirts, jackets, skirts, caps, etc. Also approx. 125+ different posters plus store displays.

Not showing all because I'm leaving it as a surprise for visitors. I'm already booked for most of the Summer with people making the trek North to hang out in friendly Canada.

LD

tnswman

cool deal....I like to see the toys :) My own book collection makes me want to puke because I have so many that they run together LOL!

Ska

In the top pic, top left corner (behind the media door)...

...is that a box from the up and coming cereal or pop tarts? The word "NEW!" looks familiar...

Good eye - but no. The Pop Tarts box is behind that one - the one you see is the new cereal box. Next to that are the M&M's packaging (Canadian and USA) and Snicker's bars.

Michael24

Impressive collection! Do I spot a couple Betamax tapes in that first first?

And I see a Mara lanyard in the third pic. Did you go to the Forbidden Eye 10th anniversary celebration in 2005? I was there as well. :)

Cabinet contains VHS, Beta, S-VHS, 8mm, DVD, VCD, audio cassette and CD.

I could not attend so I paid to send my friend. He photographed all and picked up my goodies. If only I had the cash to buy the two $8k items listed in their catalogue! ;)

Michael24

Ah. Yeah, some of those more-expensive items were very impressive. I would love to have gotten that full-size Mara stone carving to hang on my bedroom wall. :)

Which lanyard do you have? Mine is "The Lost Arkers."

I only got a few items, which I posted pictures of in this thread. I also got two 10th anniversary pins, one of which came in a block of faux-stone that we had to chip apart like an archaeological dig in order to get, a Mara decoder pin, and a Mara head made out of rich milk chocolate, which is obviously long gone by now. :D

The event, for me, was kind of disappointing. I had fun, but it wasn't organized very well.

That is way too much stuff. I'll have to let my wife see it so she doesn't think I have much any more.

So what things are you missing that you'd like to have?

not much from North America - want list is on our web site. I would say my 'Holy Grail' is the set of 3 Coca-Cola glasses (never went into production)... else I'm concentrating on foreign items. I just bought a large Japanese collection and await it's arrival (it'll be like Christmas when it gets here)!

here's another pic I forgot to post...

museum%20013.JPG

'Ravenwood' museum is complete - and filling up quickly!

museum%20013.JPG

After 10 months of construction, the museum is finally set up and has had it's first dozen visitors! We just passed over 2,000 unique items from around the Globe - from the original ROTLA theatre standee to the cast & crew gear from KotCS.

museum%20014.JPG

Books from approx. 1 dozen countries, as well as cards, stickers and magazines

vidgames.jpg

All the electronic machines (with the exception of the new Stern pinball) - both styles of pachinko machine, the pachislot, the Atari ToD, fruit machines from UK and Germany and the Williams pinball.

There are now over 200 shirts alone plus dozens of jackets, children's wear (from Japan), shoes, belts and more in the clothing area.

museum%20011.JPG

Over a hundred different forms of media - in several languages.