TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 03-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #26
spiralout
IndyFan

The mileage line was written by Frank Darabont.
spiralout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #27
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout
Oh god, I hope Indy doesn't try to hide in that fridge.

Now I see what indy size fridge means.....that would be sucky
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #28
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Now I see what indy size fridge means.....that would be sucky

He can't fit in it.

"Damn! I thought that was bigger."
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #29
spiralout
IndyFan

Searching for "chauchilla" on Google brings up some interesting results.

http://www.traveladventures.org/cont...metery02.shtml

Cemetery Warrior, anyone?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #30
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout
Searching for "chauchilla" on Google brings up some interesting results.

http://www.traveladventures.org/cont...metery02.shtml

Cemetery Warrior, anyone?

that 1st pic almost looks like my cemetary Warrior figure LOL!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #31
Indyologist
IndyFan

Oooh, they ARE going to have an Indy Monopoly set-- freakin' sweet! It looks great, except for how they screwed up a MAJOR Raiders line-- "It's not the mileage, it's the years..."
Indyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #32
spiralout
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyologist
Oooh, they ARE going to have an Indy Monopoly set-- freakin' sweet! It looks great, except for how they screwed up a MAJOR Raiders line-- "It's not the mileage, it's the years..."

It's a new line from the new movie.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #33
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by commontone
Sorry, I think it's lame and it makes me cringe.

I agree. Just ugly.
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #34
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

If this line was kept, let's hope a lot of other Darabont dialogue made it into the film. I say this because he was one of the primary writers for YIJC, so I would expect him to have included some YIJC references in his "rejected" script.

But it's not that I like the reworked line. I think it's very lame and was put in there primarily due to Darabont's/Koepp's nostalgia. It's the kind of reference I hoped this film would avoid.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #35
QBComics
IndyFan

Thanks much for the pics. May faint with all this stuff.
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #36
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Really, what a trivial thing to find fault with when it is ABSOLUTLY in character for Indy.

Oh, knock it off.

I don't like the line. I disagree with you. Depending on how it's done, I'll probably be able to live with it. I'm really looking forward to the movie.

Moving on...
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #37
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I can't believe it. Another frigging element of SMFM. I hoping there's no fridge... Other than that, I'm cool with it. The one liner is kind of expected and wouldn't be surprised if he says it to Marion. I just realised.... THERE'S A FRIDGE!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #38
God'sRadio
IndyFan

Hangar 51

I guess that clinches that the grail warehouse is on the airbase then
God'sRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #39
IndyFan89
IndyFan

I hate people that always nay say this movie. Why be a Indy fan? Where these same people around when Temple and LC came out? Saying how they hat short round or how Indy shouldn't have a dad?
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #40
torao
Moderator Emeritus

Haha.

I may not be in the most sober condition right now...so that might contribute to the unstoppable giggling I'm going through at the moment. First it was just the thread title ... that generated some "this is getting so silly" laughter...then I saw that mileage picture and cheered at the sight of old and weary Indy ...until .....I saw....the fridge and my giggling turned into "I can't believe that they really did this" laughter.

Really? I mean ...there's a ****ing fridge there. Don't toy with us marketing or merchandizing guys! I see that fridge and thanks to moedred -and Jeb Stuart to be fair- (Hey, who knew that this crappy script one day would become spoilerish material!) I've got only one painful conclusion.

Anyway...somehow I don't want to give up all hope regarding that fridge scene and the mileage line. I feel like not liking it in advance may just be too much pressure.
Maybe I should watch KOTCS drunk so that some of my optimism remains throughout the movie.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #41
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
I hate people that always nay say this movie. Why be a Indy fan? Where these same people around when Temple and LC came out? Saying how they hat short round or how Indy shouldn't have a dad?

I hate people who say you can't be a fan of Indiana Jones unless you blindly devour any piece of **** with the trademark plastered on it.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #42
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
I hate people who say you can't be a fan of Indiana Jones unless you blindly devour any piece of **** with the trademark plastered on it.

Well said. Some people will always be followers. They’ll blindly swallow any garbage they’re fed and condemn those whom chose to think for themselves. In truth, I’d argue that criticisms improve hobbies more then anyone mindlessly accepting whatever they’re given. If you don’t criticize, how will things ever improve? We do our hobbies more of a service. So be true to yourself, anyone that discourages you because you dislike a campy line is just an opinionated and intolerant drone.

I’ve observed that most fans of George Lucas’s work tend to be outright offended if you don't senselessly voice support or adoration for all his stuff. Lord knows some Star Wars fans become laughably enraged when someone should naysay those pathetic excuses for for cinema that he dubbed the prequels. It's like they don't even want to admit that many disliked them, even amongst the SW fanbase, as if they're deeply cemented in denial. All too many people are concerned with the beliefs of others. Only the immature interpret a difference of opinion as an attack. And some will belligerently call you names and insult your intellect because, god forbid, you have the balls to speak your true take and not thoughtlessly be lead like a sheep to the slaughter. Yah, because we're the stupid ones. Hah! Isn’t it about time we let people have their two cents in this so-called civilization?

I can just see it now: This summers crucifixion of anyone on this board that doesn’t unthinkingly approve of anything and everything in Crystal Skull. I fear for those whom express even the smallest amount of negativity, Uncle George's irrationally obedient lapdogs will get them. Sometimes I think George Lucas could film a jar of mayonnaise for two entire hours, call it a major motion picture, and some people would still gobble it up like an Ethiopian fortunate enough to be at Thanksgiving dinner. And don't forget, all the while they'd asininely proclaim that you’re not a "true" fan when you pass them the potatos.

Last edited by MaxPhactor23 : 03-08-2008 at 08:20 PM.
MaxPhactor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #43
Avilos
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien

You know what I hate adults who act like children. You know how some kids like only like one type of food. Only want it cooked the same way over and over again. If they are served anything else or it tastes or looks just a little different - they throw a tantrum.
From kids that expected but adults....

But even kids won't won't insult everyone who has more varied tastes then they do...
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #44
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPhactor23
And don't forget, all the while they'd asininely proclaim that youíre not a "true" fan when you pass them the potatos.

Or a TRUE fan.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #45
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos
You know what I hate adults who act like children. You know how some kids like only like one type of food. Only want it cooked the same way over and over again. If they are served anything else or it tastes or looks just a little different - they throw a tantrum.

But even kids won't won't insult everyone who has more varied tastes then they do...

Lol, I take that as an insult.

Yet a thoroughly half-baked (PUN-O-RAMA!) one, so I'm not really worried.

If you can't tell the difference between childish irritability and constructive criticism, that's your own damned problem.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #46
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay
that pretty much confirms the use of the sentence:
"it is not the mileage, honey, it is the years"

I think a lot of people wont like that quote because it is too much of an inside joke towards raiders...but i just love it LOL

It's stupid... and I thought they were smarter than this. They even commented before on how a character wouldn't remember something they said 20 years ago word for word. But look, they still did it. Ridiculous.

... my confidence in this movie just went down quite a bit. Seriously. It looks like they really are just going to go down the same lame route all movies like this go down and work off nostalgia. :P

EDIT:
Oh and now I see that fridge. Though I have not read the earlier scripts... I did read somewhere about the fridge thing and just seeing that and the name "Doom Town"... I know what that could mean... and it's starting to make me think they really did screw up Indy 4. Maybe not.

... but dammit. Look.

Last edited by No Ticket : 03-08-2008 at 10:23 PM.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #47
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos

Your logic is flawed, you're assuming too much. Because someone has a critique means theyíre opposed to change? Iím quite the opposite. My favorite from the Jones trilogy is Temple of Doom - vastly diverse in comparison to the others. My biggest complaint with the trilogy is Last Crusade, though I still highly enjoy it, I felt it was too similar to Raiders and lacked much originality. Criticisms do not equal out to narrow-mindedness. Quite the contrary. I think itís far more narrow-minded to mindlessly accept anything youíre given without so much as a question. For example, Iím opposed to Aliens in the Indiana Jones trilogy because I feel it does not fit the continuity - not because itís a new concept for Indy. I think there are other superior and original plot device possibilities that fit the character far more. The only thing childish I see is ridiculously opinionated behavior. Respect an opinion, whether you agree with it or not. Someone disliking a comedic line of dialogue featured in the film is not a personal attack.
MaxPhactor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #48
sarah navarro
IndyFan

im so picky,i hate monopoly but i'll buy it
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #49
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #50
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Guess it proves David Koepp was full of BS when he said

The worst thing to do would be to have him make reference to things he said in the first movie, like to pun on lines of dialogue...

The movie might still have a chance... but that Monopoly set is a major spoiler towards a few things. Namely this dumb line being in there. At least I'm prepared for it now.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote