Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #101
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy&HanFan
did you guys watch that trailor? indy sounded possessed or something, especially when he said "come on genius."

That voice and that face simply don't match. Spalko sounds even sexier when dubbed, though...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #102
indyclone25
IndyFan

the digitalbits reports today-------All right, our industry sources have once again checked in with word on a few upcoming DVD titles. First, we're now hearing that Paramount's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is set for DVD release on 10/14... but it's still not confirmed whether or not a Blu-ray version is coming (although a few international retailers have started taking pre-orders for one).
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #103
nitzsche
IndyFan

Those voices are hilarious. The Ford voice actor had me cracking up the whole time.
nitzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #104
mutt willams
IndyFan

Quote:
did you guys watch that trailor? indy sounded possessed or something, especially when he said "come on genius."

i know....
mutt willams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #105
A_True_Believer
IndyFan

Quote:

He probably still has a bit of the Black Sleep in him.
A_True_Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #106
Agent Crab
IndyFan

10/14/2008, eh?

That's my birthday...

Ah well. *shrugs*
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #107
OmegaSeamaster
IndyFan

Bonus Features on the DVD:

Documentary: "Torpedoing the Franchise" - An in-depth look at bringing UFOs and little green men to the world of Indiana Jones.

"Nuking the Fridge" - Join the Mythbusters in what would prove to be their final episode as they try to prove it's possible to survive a nuclear blast in a Fridgidaire.

Commentary Track: "You Can Write this **** George, But You Sure Can't Say It" - Frank Darabont and George Lucas screen "Crystal Skull" and tell each other how they really feel about the final product.

"Keeping it Real - The CGI of Crystal Skull" - Join Frank Marshall as he shows us how the film paid homage to the original trilogy by using as little CGI as possible.

"Swinging With Shia" - Shia LaBoeuf sits down and talks about what it was like working with CGI monkeys, getting his balls smacked, and how he reduced the fourth Indy film to a kid-friendly family sitcom.
OmegaSeamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #108
Indy~Annie
IndyFan

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! i want to touch it!!!!

its so pretty!!!
Indy~Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #109
bonoferox
IndyFan

Looks like the street date is set for October 28th
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #110
Shortie
IndyFan

My b-day!

I'm willing to bet the official date will be revealed at CC. Along with IM, Hulk & if we're lucky HBII & TDK.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #111
bonoferox
IndyFan

Iron Man is set for September 30th with Dark Knight and Hulk having a tentative release date of November 25th.

This could change, but it looks to be about right.

And Wall-E on November 4th
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #112
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSeamaster
Bonus Features on the DVD:

Documentary: "Torpedoing the Franchise" - An in-depth look at bringing UFOs and little green men to the world of Indiana Jones.

"Nuking the Fridge" - Join the Mythbusters in what would prove to be their final episode as they try to prove it's possible to survive a nuclear blast in a Fridgidaire.

Commentary Track: "You Can Write this **** George, But You Sure Can't Say It" - Frank Darabont and George Lucas screen "Crystal Skull" and tell each other how they really feel about the final product.

"Keeping it Real - The CGI of Crystal Skull" - Join Frank Marshall as he shows us how the film paid homage to the original trilogy by using as little CGI as possible.

"Swinging With Shia" - Shia LaBoeuf sits down and talks about what it was like working with CGI monkeys, getting his balls smacked, and how he reduced the fourth Indy film to a kid-friendly family sitcom.

I can't tell if you're joking. But on the other hand, I'd love a "Nuke the Fridge" episode of Mythbusters! Bring it on!!!!
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #113
IndyJr.
IndyFan

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Kingdo...5912669&sr=8-5

(Theatrical Release) ?

Does this mean that there will be an Extended Release? Or does this talking about it being "non-BluRay"?
IndyJr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #114
StwongBwidge
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
I can't tell if you're joking. But on the other hand, I'd love a "Nuke the Fridge" episode of Mythbusters! Bring it on!!!!

Ohhhh KIK... I do so admire your brand of mindless optimism. Big shame being you miss out on such great examples of satire and wit as posted above. But keep on truckin' nonetheless.
StwongBwidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #115
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Nukin' th' fridge!

Honestly.. I love ot see that with Myth Busters.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #116
Shortie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Iron Man is set for September 30th with Dark Knight and Hulk having a tentative release date of November 25th.

This could change, but it looks to be about right.

And Wall-E on November 4th

Really? Sweet. How do you know?
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #117
AnImaginaryBoy
IndyFan

I hope we'll be getting some information on the UK DVD release of this, and you can also get it that rather sexy Crystal Skull box-set!
AnImaginaryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #118
bonoferox
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
Really? Sweet. How do you know?

Joblo.com has them up in the official release date section thread. Nothing cpompletely official until the advertisements come, but they've never been wrong in the past.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 AM   #119
indyclone25
IndyFan

yeah , but i'm still seeing different dtaes for oct --- but we will just have to wait for details from paramount---
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #120
CrystalSkull13
IndyFan

Gotta gemme one o' those Crystal Skulls!
CrystalSkull13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #121
mattzilla2010
IndyFan

Whoa. That crystal skull looks REALLY cool. I hope they have that in the U.S. release. Maybe I can run around hypnotizing people with it...
mattzilla2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #122
torao
Moderator Emeritus

Oh no.
It's not enough that I have to witness the weak treatment and execution of Lucas' hearted "McGuffin" in the movie I've been looking forward to so much. Now I have to actually buy one of those ugly skulls. (Maybe, in twenty years, when Spielberg will reveal his true feelings about this movie -which will be more in the Doom vein- there'll be a release, in which the skull comes packed in a bowling bag.)
Pardon my "hating" on the shiny object of so many people's desire but my associations with it just aren't very positive.
I do very much anticipate getting lost in the behind the scenes footage that will hopefully be on the second disc. It will be painful to watch them being committed to turning the, on so many levels lacking script, into an actual movie and everyone talking about the blast they had doing it. But maybe there are some answers as to how this could happen on the way.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:21 AM   #123
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torao
Oh no.
It's not enough that I have to witness the weak treatment and execution of Lucas' hearted "McGuffin" in the movie I've been looking forward to so much. Now I have to actually buy one of those ugly skulls. (Maybe, in twenty years, when Spielberg will reveal his true feelings about this movie -which will be more in the Doom vein- there'll be a release, in which the skull comes packed in a bowling bag.)
Pardon my "hating" on the shiny object of so many people's desire but my associations with it just aren't very positive.
I do very much anticipate getting lost in the behind the scenes footage that will hopefully be on the second disc. It will be painful to watch them being committed to turning the, on so many levels lacking script, into an actual movie and everyone talking about the blast they had doing it. But maybe there are some answers as to how this could happen on the way.

Tell me you wouldn't buy a DVD of a movie you disliked???
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #124
Cassidy
IndyFan

That cover (while subject to change) certainly would fit in with the re-releases on DVD, but here's one I made to go with the original 2003 DVD set - I was the one who made the cover that was posted in the Fan Art section which someone ripped from Indygear.

It was an early version that I was messing around with, here's my final version.

Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #125
nitzsche
IndyFan

Very nice job!
nitzsche is offline   Reply With Quote