Collecting and displaying posters

TombReader

Does anyone else here like to collect the IJ posters?I only have two at this point:a ROTLA and a TOD poster.I also have a promo poster that I got when the DVD set came out.

If you do collect them,do you display them?My wall space is limited but I have my ROTLA poster hanging in the living room above the television.

KDuncan

Unfortunately, I do not own any Indy posters. I wish I did! I probably have even more limited wall space, so one might not even fit.

It sounds pretty cool to have one, so hopefully I'll be able to find some at some point.

IndyBuff

I have a poster for each Indy film but I only display one at a time. I frame it and hang it on the wall by my bed. I leave each one there for two months and then change them out.

I currently have Raiders of the Lost Ark hanging up but starting next month I'll hang up Temple of Doom. I could hang them all up at the same time but I don't have enough wall space amid other posters (James Bond, Star Wars and Back To the Furture) and this way each poster is framed and stays in good shape. Good luck collecting the rest! :)

San Holo

I still have the old TOD ,Pepsie posters that I got at a grocery store. One is of Indy and Shorty ,and one is of Mola Ram.

TombReader

Indy said:
I have a poster for each Indy film but I only display one at a time. I frame it and hang it on the wall by my bed. I leave each one there for two months and then change them out.

Hey,I do the same thing!LOL! :D

QueZTone

yeah, i swap regulary too, but the posters ive got of indy are ToD (i think i like it best of all indy posters...cause of the look..its so indy), the Complete Adventures of Indy Collect Them All-poster with harrison and sean patrick flanery on it and the Fate of Atlantis game poster. Oh then a smaller one of Infernal machine too..

(so: TOD, VHS Collect them all, FoA, Infernal Machine)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I have the Raiders release one, ToD Trust him and LC release.

julisteet.jpg

San Holo

Have you seen the "cast signed" movie posters on ebay? They cost like 50 bucks, and are allegedly signed by HF, Lucas, and co stars. :confused:

Lukmas

I would like to get some Indy Posters. I think stores like Forbidden Planet in London still do them. When i get them ill dispaly them behind those glass fronted frames you can get.

Regards
Luke

TombReader

San Holo said:
Have you seen the "cast signed" movie posters on ebay? They cost like 50 bucks, and are allegedly signed by HF, Lucas, and co stars. :confused:

I've seen those,too.Personally,I don't buy autographed posters/items because I just don't trust the authenticity.Caveat emptor,I suppose. ;)

VP-That LC poster is sharp!

indifan101

TombReader said:
I've seen those,too.Personally,I don't buy autographed posters/items because I just don't trust the authenticity.Caveat emptor,I suppose. ;)

VP-That LC poster is sharp!

There's a store in my state that sells movie poster's for cheap tombreader! Let me know if your interested! They have Indiana Jones posters too as well as Star Wars!

TombReader

indifan101 said:
There's a store in my state that sells movie poster's for cheap tombreader! Let me know if your interested! They have Indiana Jones posters too as well as Star Wars!

Hey,thanks for the offer!I'll keep it in mind.I've been finding them at a local poster shop or the occasional convention.I've never paid more than 15 bucks for one,which isn't too bad.

Battleflail

I have the Raiders and Last Crusade posters in my living room. I bought them at WDW; don't know if they still offer them. My whip, belt, holster, gun, bag, and hat hang in between them. (I have a very tolerant wife) Been trying to take a picture to post here, but my cheap digital camera is very light sensitive. I'll keep trying... ;)