General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
Millions said:
A terrible, terrible idea. Just ridiculous.

How is that an Indiana Jones movie???

Why not do a live action Bugs Bunny movie, starring John Goodman in a rabbit outfit, where Bugs had to infiltrate the KGB in cold-war Russia.

Or a sequel to Schindlers List, where Schindler leads a fleet of earth spacecraft against a sinister alien attack force.

The ONLY way forward for the Indiana Jones series is to focus more on Indy's intelligence and quick thinking, rather than his action potential. Think of the scene in Last Crusade, where he has to solve the 3 grail challenges. No fist fighting. No jumping around.But still an intense, provocative and absorbing moment. At Ford's age, that has to be the way to go.

Van Helsing..? lol It would be good if he had settled down at home now, but then he must go on one last adventure so he puts the hat on again, maybe he has to find out who killed his farther or how he died, I was gutted when Sean didnt come back for Skull.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Millions said:
A terrible, terrible idea. Just ridiculous.

How is that an Indiana Jones movie???The ONLY way forward for the Indiana Jones series is to focus more on Indy's intelligence and quick thinking, rather than his action potential. Think of the scene in Last Crusade, where he has to solve the 3 grail challenges. No fist fighting. No jumping around.But still an intense, provocative and absorbing moment. At Ford's age, that has to be the way to go.

I don't exactly see how a haunted castle environment is incompatible with a more intellectually minded set of challenges for Indy. And it's not as though that particular environment didn't show up a lot in plans for the third film.

Interesting stuff... if you're open to being interested. And that isn't the only leftover hanging around.

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
Fact: I would pay cold hard cash to see this movie.

tumblr_luwbs6g2rF1qbwvhpo1_500.gif

IndyForever

Spielberg is in Cannes for 2 weeks as Jury President so expect someone from the foreign press association to ask him an Indy 5 related question but so far on his first press conference yesterday nothing whatsoever (probably because its 99.9% dead IMO :( ).

Lego Indy

Whatever happened to the Bermuda Triangle story idea for Indy 5? I thought that would be an excellent choice and create suspense. :(

IndyBuff

After five years I think it's a false hope. They had a lot of momentum coming off of Skull and just let it die. At this point any good ideas are better left being channeled into a novel or something of that sort.

Indy's brother

Jesus. I'm glad Ford (you know, the guy that breathed the very life into the titular character) seems like the kind of guy that would never come here.

Indy's brother said:
Jesus. I'm glad Ford (you know, the guy that breathed the very life into the titular character) seems like the kind of guy that would never come here.

I love Harry, he's a legend. just a bit of fun, he's probably laughing right now.

ListenLiveLong

I wouldn't mind seeing old Indy again. But then once again, it depends on who he is fighting in the film. If it's Nazis, I think that maybe someone who looks like younger Indy can perform him. But, that person better do a good job, or else I'll be disappointed.

I don't really know how a spin-off series with Mutt will go. So this is just my suggestion for an Indy 5. Also, I hope the contract with Disney breaks up. Once again, we don't know how that will turn out, but I saw a thread here saying that Disney shut down LucasArts.

kongisking

ListenLiveLong said:
I wouldn't mind seeing old Indy again. But then once again, it depends on who he is fighting in the film. If it's Nazis, I think that maybe someone who looks like younger Indy can perform him. But, that person better do a good job, or else I'll be disappointed.

I don't really know how a spin-off series with Mutt will go. So this is just my suggestion for an Indy 5. Also, I hope the contract with Disney breaks up. Once again, we don't know how that will turn out, but I saw a thread here saying that Disney shut down LucasArts.

Yeah, but Finn gave some good evidence for why it'll be a good thing.

Henry W Jones

ListenLiveLong said:

I don't think it's about a contract. Disney owns Indiana Jones now.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Is there any truth to the rumor that famed writers Chris Columbus and director Richard Donner will be teaming up again with Spielberg at the helm? I'd like to think so. Apparently with the 30th Anniversary of the Goonies approaching there is talk that Jonathan Ke Quan and Harrison Ford may once again work together. In what can only be called a crossover film, the concept of kids going on an adventure to find a hidden treasure has full Disney support. In fact, they've already released a promo of the villain turned heart of gold, in that none other than ...

Harrison Ford! I can't wait. Scroll for the image below.

Indiana Jones and the Quest for the BABY RUUUUUUTTTHHHHH!

small_celebrity-sloth-facing9-1.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

Guys.
For THE LAST TIME.
George Lucas No longer owns Lucasfilm or Indiana Jones.
Sold to Disney for 4 Billion dollars.