Here's a start:

1. Seven Samurai
2. Ikiru
3. Suspiria
4. The Tingler
5. The Birds
6. Cannibal Holocaust
7. Barbarella
8. Creepshow (though rumored to be a 4th entry...)
9. Escape From New York
10. The Fly (AGAIN!)

There's a start. List 'em as you stumble across 'em. The list is massive, I assure you.

|ZiR|

1. Seven Samurai
2. Ikiru
3. Suspiria
4. The Tingler
5. The Birds (On the one hand it's Naomi Watts. On the other hand, everything else.)
6. Cannibal Holocaust
7. Barbarella
9. Escape From New York
10. The Fly (AGAIN!)
11. The Blob
12. A Tale of Two Sisters (American remake of 2003 K-horror flick)
13. The Host (yet ANOTHER K-horror remake)
14. Hellraiser

Hmm. That's all I can think of. I heard that the new Creepshow was a proper remake, rather than a 4th entry. I dunno--I liked parts of the original. Still, I'd prefer a sequel to a remake.

kongisking said:
You cannot improve on perfection!

Perfection being Vincent Price, or Jeff Goldblum? ;)

|ZiR| said:
1. Seven Samurai
2. Ikiru
3. Suspiria
4. The Tingler
5. The Birds (On the one hand it's Naomi Watts. On the other hand, everything else.)
6. Cannibal Holocaust
7. Barbarella
9. Escape From New York
10. The Fly (AGAIN!)
11. The Blob
12. A Tale of Two Sisters (American remake of 2003 K-horror flick)
13. The Host (yet ANOTHER K-horror remake)
14. Hellraiser

Hmm. That's all I can think of. I heard that the new Creepshow was a proper remake, rather than a 4th entry. I dunno--I liked parts of the original. Still, I'd prefer a sequel to a remake.

Perfection being Vincent Price, or Jeff Goldblum? ;)

The Blob? Again? Where did you find that? And The Host? I can't find either on IMDB.

And Hellraiser? ...Hellraiser indeed... why? Why remake such a classic. Ergh. :(

And for the record... I've never seen all of the Vincent Price Fly... though I've seen pieces of it. I do adore the Cronenberg remake though... one of the few cases where I've absolutely adored a remake.

Last edited:

|ZiR|

ResidentAlien said:
The Blob? Again? Where did you find that? And The Host? I can't find either on IMDB.

Here's the imdb for The Host but the listing is so new it's not open to general users. (i.e., there's nothing there yet) And, holy ****, you're right --the page for Blob remake has disappeared! According to wikipedia, The Blob is stuck in devolpment hell over the script.

And Hellraiser? ...Hellraiser indeed... why? Why remake such a classic. Ergh. :(

I'm not too worried about them redoing Hellraiser. Clive Barker's given his approval, and is involved in the script. I bet most, if not all, horror films will be remade at some point. It's a wonder that they haven't announced a Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

And for the record... I've never seen all of the Vincent Price Fly... though I've seen pieces of it. I do adore the Cronenberg remake though... one of the few cases where I've absolutely adored a remake.

I actually like the original better, though only because Cronenberg's version completely traumatized me when I was little. C'mon, a maggot baby? Urgh. :sick:

deckard24

As well as all of the films to come, I'm trying to remember all the films that have been remakes made in the last few years. There just seems to be more and more of them each new year, and it shows no signs of stopping.

Here's a few: Halloween, The Omen, 3:10 to Yuma, The Fog, The Texas Chaisaw Massacre, Assault on Precinct 13, Infernal (or Internal I can't remember which one has Richard Gere in it and which one The Departed was based off of) Affairs, The Ring, The Hitcher, The Hills Have Eyes part 1 and 2, House of Wax, King Kong, War of the Worlds, The Poseidon Adventure, When a Stranger Calls, Black Christmas, ......

I know there's a lot more but my mind is drawing a blank. What are some other ones?

Oh yeah, and they are remaking Friday the 13th! There's an article on it in this weeks Entertainment magazine, about how the success of Rob Zombie's Halloween was the catalyst for this movie to be made.

Last edited:
|ZiR| said:
I'm not too worried about them redoing Hellraiser. Clive Barker's given his approval, and is involved in the script. I bet most, if not all, horror films will be remade at some point. It's a wonder that they haven't announced a Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

Yes, but that comes off as if horror films are merely recyclable entertainment. And that's not the case at all. Horror is one of the most socially aware genres; flatly remaking a film for quick profits is awful as I see it but to target horror because they think it's some lesser genre.... ugh.

And yeah, I heard about the Friday the 13th remake. Distressing as well... though not really one of my favorite films by any stretch, it has some campy fun to it.

Niteshade007

I know there has been a lot of talk about The Birds remake, but has anything other than displaying interest in having Naomi Watts actually happened in terms of production?

Also, as another side note, anyone else see a striking resemblance between Paris Hilton and Tippi Hedren? Not in terms of talent, but facial features. Same eyes, smile, and nose, and in my opinion.

I don't hate remakes, but I'm not always fond of them either. Like the film Guess Who, for example. It took something that was a serious drama about interracial relationships and turned it into a big joke. To me, not quality film making. Other remakes I have enjoyed, like The Maltese Falcon, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Ocean's Eleven, and A Perfect Murder are a few of my favorites that I can think of off the the top of my head.

I think though that a better alternative than just flat out remaking a film are films that reference other films. Basic Instinct is a great example of that. It has plenty of Vertigo references, but the overall film is quite different. Same goes for Brian De Palma's Obsession and Body Double. Body Heat is a sexier version of Double Indemnity, yet it doesn't exactly copy the original. Things like that I find more interesting than a bland remake like King Kong or Halloween.

Kingsley

ResidentAlien said:
I know I already mentioned it... but I just saw an article that says that Naomi Watts is officially attached to The Birds remake. :(
:( :( :( :( not for her, but for the remake.

|ZiR|

Stoo said:
Add "Logan's Run" to the list...

I'd actually want to see that redone (correctly). Don't get me wrong, the original is great and all, lovely Michael York, etc. But the film really drags once they get past Sanctuary.

A remake could be a good thing in this case, I think.