New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

KOTCS prototype DVD display

Here is a picture of the proposed walk-through arch display that would have been used at Wal-Mart. It was canceled in favor of something more conservative.

display_walmartDVD.jpg

Goonie

That Wal-mart DVD display is very cool. Too bad it's just a prototype. Would be cool to have a full size one.:cool:

Short Rounded

throwmetheidol said:
Here is a picture of the proposed walk-through arch display that would have been used at Wal-Mart. It was canceled in favor of something more conservative.

display_walmartDVD.jpg
That would be so cool! Too bad it was cancelled. At least somebody has a picture of the prototype! Cool!

30+ new items enter Ravenwood

Friday (April 3rd) was a great day - we received 6 large boxes of new items. Everything from charms and bracelets (from Japan) to books (from Spain, France and Germany) to shirts, toys, towels, caps, lunch bags, back packs, etc.

And of course our new 1/8" scale replica of the Disney "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" arrived -- and it is FANTASTIC!!

Here's a photo I took after I laid out all the goodies on the floor for sorting --

Unreleased popcorn bowls

Popcorn bowls that were created by the company responsible for Orville Redenbacher and Act II popcorn brands. Each is about 9" in diameter and dishwasher-safe plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
And of course our new 1/8" scale replica of the Disney "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" arrived -- and it is FANTASTIC!!

Les, do you have a photo of this model? I'd be intersted in seeing it.

I haven't touched my paper model of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye for a few months, but I think I'll get back into it this week. Currently, I think it is about a third finished.:)

The Magic Rat

FILMKRUSC said:
How good is the Indiana Jones Pinball?

I'm thinking of picking one up - would be my first pinball. Looks cool.

I've had it in my basement for 8 years. I still play it. It's a fantastic machine-not just because it's Indy.

FILMKRUSC said:
How good is the Indiana Jones Pinball?

I'm thinking of picking one up - would be my first pinball. Looks cool.

Make sure it's the one made by Williams -- and not the new Stern one. I've had the Williams for 7 years and still love it. I tried the new Stern one at the local cinema -- and it is terrible. Poor play field, cheap models ... and it breaks a lot (according to the Manager of the cinema). The game play was poor overall.

Goonie

The Williams pinball is fun! (y) I played it at a local arcade for a good couple of hours. I would eventually like to get one when funds and space allow.

Plaristes

throwmetheidol said:
Here's the 8 covers (note the English titles at the top of each)...

yij_jp_1plantationtreasure.jpg
yij_jp_2tombterror.jpg

yij_jp_3circledeath.jpg
yij_jp_4secretcity.jpg

yij_jp_5princessperil.jpg
yij_jp_6crownroma.jpg

yij_jp_7ghostlyriders.jpg
yij_jp_8rubycross.jpg

Enjoy!!

Can you post the ISBNs for each? That would make it a lot easier to track them down. Thanks.

bonoferox

I'm not against Manga or anime in general, but it just doesnt work for this.

But yeah, I can understand your distaste for it.