1:6 Sideshow Temple of Doom firgure

michael

Found out about this at SideshowCollectors.com

1:6 TOD Figures (Indy, Mola Ram & Short Round) mentioned by Brant in SDCC Panel Q&A

Someone asked about future figures in the INDY 1:6 line during the Q&A at Sideshow's SDCC panel and Brant specifically mentioned 1:6 TOD Indy, Mola Ram, Short Round, "and something even cooler". (That could've been the Mine Car Environment he previously mentioned in Chat... or it could be something else entirely)

Discuss...

Here's the link to thread. http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80442

Information over there is pretty legit, so I would be pumped for this. Still looking for an official word though.

So since they are discussing....shall we?

UIMJ

This is good news as far as variety for our collections.

The 12" toys are awesome, but it's hard to justify the cost of the best of them in this market. Heck, you can still order the Young Indy and Belloq's from Sideshow, which is hard to believe.

I love the 12" stuff, but beyond a few of the cooler figs I'd rather drop that kind of coin on a statue or whatnot. Also, the only 12 inchers that haven't felt flimsy are the medicom stuff. It's ashame too because the Sideshow Raiders Indy is one of my favorites to look at, but it's just weak body construction.

Lance Quazar

I don't collect any larger scale figures (no room, no money and you can't really "play" with them!) but I think it's great news that SOMEBODY out there is still making Indy collectibles.

Montana Smith

They were right...

preview_IndyTempleFigurev03.jpg

Indiana Jones ? Temple of Doom Sixth Scale Figure

Whip? Check! Lots of historical knowledge? Check! Thirst for adventure? Check!

All this must mean that a certain professor must be embarking on his next venture soon! Sideshow Collectibles? Indiana Jones ? Temple of Doom Sixth Scale Figure is arriving for Pre-Order in the very near future!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-sixth-scale-figure/

Billy Ray

Totally stoked for this one! Never thought we'd get a ToD Indy! Both Sideshow and Hot Toys seemed to be done with Indy...though Sideshow had mentioned him a few times in their Q&As I had given up hope. Looks great too!

I.M.J.

Awesome. It's about time. I was basically done with my 12" Indy buying because I've got more MIB than I do on display, but this might take the place of my Sideshow Indy (I never upgraded to the Hot Toys fig).

Montana Smith

3914_press08-399x600.jpg

3914_press09-399x600.jpg

Fortune and glory, kids – Sideshow debuts new Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Figure

“If adventure has a name – It must be Indiana Jones!”​

Capturing Harrison Ford as the world famous archaeologist, get ready to relive your favorite moments from one of Indy’s most memorable expeditions with Sideshow’s new Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Sixth Scale Figure.

Crafted on a brand new, fully-articulated body, the intrepid professor is prepared to chase fortune and glory in his iconic globetrotter gear, khaki shirt and trousers, and famous fedora.

Ready to tackle the terrors surrounding the mysterious Temple of Doom, Dr. Jones comes armed with his trademark bullwhip, pistol, machete, and an undying thirst for adventure, as the fate of an entire village – and its children – rests in his hands.

Bruised but not beaten, the rugged hero comes with everything he needs to recover the stolen Sankara Stones, put a stop to the sinister Mola Ram, win the girl, and save the day.

Sideshow Exclusive Edition

The Sideshow Exclusive Edition will include additional ‘illuminated’ Sankara Stones...

Sideshow’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Sixth Scale Figure will be a must-have for fans of the saga!

Artist Credits

•David Igo (Design)
•Joe Allard (Design)
•J Park (Sculpt)
•Pia (Sculpt)
•Wan Lee (Paint, Development)
•Mijin Namgung (Costume)
•Jesse Lincoln (Development)
•Matt Bischof (Development)
•Kevin Ellis (Development)
•Sideshow Design & Development Team

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/sid...nes-and-the-temple-of-doom-sixth-scale-figure

Lambonius

That is one of the better Indy sculpts out there, I think. Hopefully the production paint job looks as good.

Still wish the torso was just a bit beefier though. Harrison was bulkier in that film than this figure is.

Montana Smith

The full specs:

The Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Sixth Scale Figure features:

?A Newly Designed Fully-Articulated Body
?Highly Detailed Portrait with Fedora and Hair Option Attachments
?Weathered Shirt and Trousers
?Detailed Sculpted Boots
?Belt
?Holster
?Pistol
?Coiled Whip for Belt
?Uncoiled Flexible Whip
?Satchel
?Machete
?One (1) Pair of Fists
?One (1) Pair of Machete Hands
?One (1) Pair of Whip Hands
?One (1) Pair of Open Hands
?One (1) Pair of Neutral Hands
?One (1) Left Trigger Hand
?Three (3) Sankara Stones
?Figure Support Base

Sideshow Exclusive:

?Three (3) Sankara Stones with "Glowing" Paint Application (No Light-Up Feature)

3914-product-silo1.png