What do you guys carry on your adventures?

IndyJoey

I was just wondering what all of you carry when you are out and about. Not meaning a walk through town, but like, a trek through the woods. Personally, in my MKVII (Which i carry around a lot) I have a canteen, a knife, a set of windproof/waterproof matches, and some plastic Zip-Loc bags. What do you guys carry around?

Oh i forgot two other things, my bad. i also have some paracord, and a space blanket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy Byrd

Personally, I also carry around my MK VII a lot. In it I carry a compass, matches, fire starter, extra ammo for my gun (cause I am scared of snakes), knife, gloves, and zip lock bags. I am truly a Indy Gear nut as when I go out for a trek in the woods (got permission to explore a cave where a lot of Native American artifacts have been found too by the way), I go in full gear, (hat, whip, jacket, etc.) so that I can stay in the "spirit of Indy" mood!! :whip:

IndyJoey

I stay in full gear alot too! Hahaha, and i am also scared of snakes, honestly... but, the only gear i dont normally carry around is my hat, because i only have a DP... which is horrible...

Indy Byrd

I currently own a Akubra Adventurer by David Morgan. It's been a very good hat and has held up to A LOT of abuse!! I got a Steele and Jones Crusader hat coming here in the next couple weeks...can't hardly wait for it to arrive!!

IndyJoey

What is different about the Adventurer and the Federation?? Because ive been thinking about a Fed... But i plan (When my head stops growing!) on getting a Penman...

Indy Byrd

IndyJoey said:
What is different about the Adventurer and the Federation?? Because ive been thinking about a Fed... But i plan (When my head stops growing!) on getting a Penman...

Honestly I do not know. I know that the Fed Reg. and the Adventurer are both made from the Imperial Quality fur felt. I can say that I have wore my Akubra in caves, in a downpour and in the heat, and it took it all without a hitch. I just hope that my Steele and Jones does the same!! I think that by looking at the two Akubras, the Fed may be a little lighter in color compared to the Adventurer, but again I am not sure. It has been a good hat and still has many adventures left in it, I just wanted a Crusade hat instead of more of the Raiders hat the Adventurer appears to be.

mikieson

I would say if you are going on an adventure you might want to pack like you would a "bug out bag"...just my opinion. PLUS take your phone, and a camera/video..

IndyJoey

Well, i can't pack my MK VII as a bug out bag because its not big enough... I have some of my bug out bag items, but its not like i can carry a hunting knife, hatchet, cooking supplies, my tarp-bungeecord-3tentstake combo shelter, trowel, and duct tape in a MKVII.... i have... what i posted earlier... which honestly i could survive off of if i had too...

mikieson

IndyJoey said:
Well, i can't pack my MK VII as a bug out bag because its not big enough... I have some of my bug out bag items, but its not like i can carry a hunting knife, hatchet, cooking supplies, my tarp-bungeecord-3tentstake combo shelter, trowel, and duct tape in a MKVII.... i have... what i posted earlier... which honestly i could survive off of if i had too...

No laptop or gas generator?...disappointed(y) ..lol

IndyJoey

hahahaha yeah, but my laptop goes into my backpack... and gas generator... i always have one... if ya know what i mean...

Indy McFly

One thing I always carry, no matter what, is a Leatherman. I would rather leave my house without my phone than my Leatherman. They make a case that looks retro and blend in well with my Indy gear.

Drones33

IndyJoey said:

The Fed has a higher crown and a smaller brim than the Adventurer. Although from what I can gather, the Akubra Adventurer sold by David Morgan is quite different from those sold by Akubra directly. :hat: