Colonel Ernst Vogel Fan Club

Whatis your favorite thing about Vogel?

• Total voters

Colonel Corey

For those of you who think Michael Byrne did a fantastic job of Vogel's character, or you just plain think he's freaking awesome, look no further, my friend. This is a thead dedicated to the Standartenführer, Ernst Vogel! (y) (y) (y)

Please feel free to take my poll above! Thank you all, very, very much!

Colonel Corey said:
For those of you who think Michael Byrne did a fantastic job of Vogel's character, or you just plain think he's freaking awesome, look no further, my friend. This is a thead dedicated to the Standartenführer, Ernst Vogel! (y) (y) (y)

Please feel free to take my poll above! Thank you all, very, very much!
I couldn't agree more. I didn't vote for the poll as he has too many other great moments, such as the scene in which he slaps Jones Sr. with his leather glove, the scene in which he marches into the great hall in the castle and firmly places his swagger stick into his armpit, or the one in which he marches along the arcade in Hatay. His high-pitched orgasmic screams, such as the one he utters upon his death, during the tank scene and when the Joneses escape his leather gloved clutches in the castle.

Montana Smith

Von Stalhein said:
I couldn't agree more. I didn't vote for the poll as he has too many other great moments, such as the scene in which he slaps Jones Sr. with his leather glove, the scene in which he marches into the great hall in the castle and firmly places his swagger stick into his armpit, or the one in which he marches along the arcade in Hatay. His high-pitched orgasmic screams, such as the one he utters upon his death, during the tank scene and when the Joneses escape his leather gloved clutches in the castle.

I knew some day you'd be walking through Corey's Ernst Vogel Fan Club door!

This is a thead dedicated to the Standartenführer, Ernst Vogel!

Vogel was my first target for the thread Military Insignia in the Indiana Jones films.

Colonel Corey

Von Stalhein said:
You know me well...perhaps too well.

Well done on having identified all those orders, decorations and medals!

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who is freakin' DYING over awesomenes...because of Vogel! (y)

The Drifter

I like Vogel a lot also, but I really like Lao Che. I wished he was explored more in ToD. He is the one Indy villian that got the best of Doctor Jones. He's too smooth.

IndyBr

His action figure was a hard one to get... the LC wave was very rare in Brazil, specially Vogel, Elsa and the Knight.
Had to order it internationally, just like the TOD wave.

Montana Smith

IndyBr said:
His action figure was a hard one to get...

Especially in black...

DSCN3547-1.jpg

DSCN3544.jpg

Montana Smith

RKORadio said:
Is it just me or does the Vogel action figure look constipated?

Maybe that's what made Vogel so irritable.

7-general-vogel-indiana-jones-indy-castle-michael-byrne.jpg

Mickiana said:
Nazism is a form of constipation. :D

We're back to Freud again, but I think Vogel might actually be anally retentive.

263.jpg

Wikipedia said:
In Freudian psychology, the anal stage is said to follow the oral stage of infant or early-childhood development. This is a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (usually the bowels but occasionally the bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control his or her excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control.[2]

Kai Hagen

He acted out very memorable characters in a lot of movies. After watching LC, I quickly recognized him in A Bridge Too Far and The Sum of All Fears. It's amazing how he was quite unforgettable whether he played as the bad guys or the good guys.