Sean Connery says what he thinks of "Crystal Skull"

StoneTriple

Sean Connery said:
"I thought it was rather good"

I have no reason not to take him at his word. Nor do I see where there would be a need to look for any hidden meanings or agendas. He's more than earned the right to speak honestly about his thoughts with regard to other people's work.

tambourineman

Some people like grasping at straws dont they? Connery says the movie is good, so of course hes just being diplomatic and theres no way he could have actually liked the film... :rolleyes: Absolutely pathetic.

Sean Connery is a man who has NEVER been short on words when it comes to criticising people hes worked with, movies hes made and other peoples movies. Christ, you could write a book (if it hasnt already been done) dedicated solely to Connery's public outbursts about others in the industry. And have a look at his relationship with the James Bond producers for the last 30 years. If theres one single person who you can take a comment like at face value, and a single person you could expect NOT to worry about being "diplomatic", its Sean Connery.

wolfgang

Well, I do think there's a hidden meaning in his words. First I thought he was saying he hated it when he said it was "rather long". Then I thought he might be saying he liked it when he said "rather good". BUt then, I read a third time, and I actually think he is telling us the exact location of the lost city "El Dorado."

FILMKRUSC

Forbidden Eye said:
LOL

Those haters who said, "Sean rejected cause he thought the script was awful" BS have to eat their own words now. ;)

Oh Yeah, Sean Connery really gave it a glowing review. :D

Not enough for either side to make much of. Just your typical interview answer.

tambourineman

FILMKRUSC said:
Oh Yeah, Sean Connery really gave it a glowing review. :D

Not enough for either side to make much of. Just your typical interview answer.
And yet if he'd said the exact same thing but with a negative instead of a positive, ie "it was rather poor" the haters would be all over it and we'd be seeing it in their signatures.

Dr.Jonesy

tambourineman said:
And yet if he'd said the exact same thing but with a negative instead of a positive, ie "it was rather poor" the haters would be all over it and we'd be seeing it in their signatures.

That's for damn sure.