hasbro annouces jurrassic park line of toys ... what the heck?

UIMJ

The only positive thought I had about this while reading it was that maybe they'd use the unreleased Raiders wave sculpts for Jurassic Park figures somehow.

vf wing

That's a very interesting thought. The dinos are okay for what they are, but I'm surprised that Hasbro would be willing to put their name on figures like this in 2009. The bar has been raised well above this. If they had gone with more progressive molds from other lines like Joe or Indy, I might have been more tempted to pick up some of the new JP stuff.

UIMJ

vf wing said:
The dinos are okay for what they are, but I'm surprised that Hasbro would be willing to put their name on figures like this in 2009.

Have you seen the new Iron Man Armored Adventure toys based on that cartoon on Nick Toons? They are nearly completely unarticulated pieces of PVC, marketed at the same scale as Hasbro's Marvel Universe line. It's a total disgrace!

;)

Hasbro is doing everything they can to turn quick bucks on cheap plastic toys in the petroleum killed economy!

Last edited:

FILMKRUSC

The old JP toys just sat on the shelves.

They would have done better with a refreshed Indy line.
But what do you expect from a company that keeps reissuing the same star wars vehicles/figures in different packaging every few months.