Rarest/most expensive item you own

FILMKRUSC

Ford1propforum.jpg

Mr. Fusion

I really don't know how rare it is, but I have an original TOD lunch box and Thermos from 1984. The lunch box is all dinged up, but the Thermos has very little wear.

The most expensive item I have would have to be my Last Crusade Penman.

lao che & sons

Mr. Fusion said:
I really don't know how rare it is, but I have an original TOD lunch box and Thermos from 1984. The lunch box is all dinged up, but the Thermos has very little wear.

The most expensive item I have would have to be my Last Crusade Penman.

yep it's rare. Go's for about 50 bucks on ebay and is pretty tough to find(y)

lao che & sons

Montana Smith said:
I never considered those as rare when I was thinking of what I had in my collection, since luckily they were the first ones that I saw on discount in the UK. I have several sets, both loose and carded.

well, the UK got lucky. I ended up paying about $25 bucks per figure and I'm STILL trying to find a carded set:( :mad: :( :( :whip:

Crack that whip

Does "most expensive" here mean "the thing I paid the most for," or "the thing that typically commands the highest price?" These can be quite different, of course.

Either way, I don't have a whole lot of really expensive stuff, I'm sure, and whichever interpretation we choose I'm guessing my most expensive thing would be one of my posters for one of the movies - either my Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style "B" one-sheet (offered at a good price from Lucasfilm itself not long ago at all) or my Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull bus shelter poster.

My rarest? I have even less idea, but I'm going to go ahead and mention a CD I have. It's a promotional single of "The Raiders March," in a distinctive version done during the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sessions. It has the bare minimum in labeling, with no artwork whatsoever. Warner Bros. Records (who released the Last Crusade soundtrack) distributed it to radio stations in 1989 for promotional purposes, and I got it through my best friend, who had a friend who worked at a local station. I have no idea how many copies were pressed and sent out, though I'd guess it's probably in the thousands, so it might not really be all that rare after all.

reverendB

I'm going to say that probably my most expensive item is probably my 10 foot David Morgan which I've probably had 10 years. I think it cost me $650 at the time. My rarest item, is going to be more difficult to decide. I have an unpunched 4 back vintage Marion, I have the Toys McCoy Arabian Stallion (I know there were only 1,000 of those made). But I also have a couple of odd ball things that I have no clue as to their rarity like a complete grocery store display box with 36 Temple of Doom posters that were free with a purchase of Comet (scouring powder) and Bounce dryer sheets. The box is intact, and all of the posters are still in it. I have no idea as to the rarity of it. Or a mailer that was sent to video stores when Raiders was released on VHS and Beta with a letter from Paramount, and a poster, post card (both advertising TOD as "coming soon") and a sheet for display ideas for maximum sales of the video. Something that I don't think was too rare at the time, but may be now because how many of stores would have kept all of that? If anyone has any ideas of the rarity of these last two items (the posters and the mailer) I'd be curious to know.

indyclone25

reverendB said:
I'm going to say that probably my most expensive item is probably my 10 foot David Morgan which I've probably had 10 years. I think it cost me $650 at the time. My rarest item, is going to be more difficult to decide. I have an unpunched 4 back vintage Marion, I have the Toys McCoy Arabian Stallion (I know there were only 1,000 of those made). But I also have a couple of odd ball things that I have no clue as to their rarity like a complete grocery store display box with 36 Temple of Doom posters that were free with a purchase of Comet (scouring powder) and Bounce dryer sheets. The box is intact, and all of the posters are still in it. I have no idea as to the rarity of it. Or a mailer that was sent to video stores when Raiders was released on VHS and Beta with a letter from Paramount, and a poster, post card (both advertising TOD as "coming soon") and a sheet for display ideas for maximum sales of the video. Something that I don't think was too rare at the time, but may be now because how many of stores would have kept all of that? If anyone has any ideas of the rarity of these last two items (the posters and the mailer) I'd be curious to know.
ask les david , he's throwmetheidol on here .

I obtained this item last summer. Some autographs are harder to see, but the poster features: Harrison Ford, Clate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winston, John Hurt, & Steven Spielberg!

I love this thing so much, expecially with Spielberg's and Ford's autograph on the same poster!

Tell me what you guys think! :whip:

-IndyFan4Ever

bonoferox

Did you obtain those autographs in person? A lot of those signatures are really off.
If you didnt then I'm afraid you were scammed.

Yes...It was in person....My uncle went to Cannes two years ago at the premiere, he got 3 posters done....and gave me one when they got framed. He has pics and a video to back it up. There were large crowds there so maybe the actors rushed, lol Then I was personally able to get Karen Allen's at an event at the Hollywood Palm in Chicago.
Which ones don't look legit to you?

bonoferox

If he has video and proof then that's good enough for me :) no offense meant.

None of them quite match in-persons i've seen before, but I can certainly understand rushed IPs.