ARTFX Do Last Crusade

The Man

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets...sade-11-4-5-ARTFX-Theatre-Statue/Product.html

5890654x.jpg

metalinvader

Hmmm...It's alright.I don't think it's as good as the other ones.

The Grail Knight sure is getting alot of attention these days.

Deckard

Yikes. No good. I love the first 2 and was hoping / planning on buying one for all 4 movies, but this is a bigtime pass for me. I will just stick w/ Raiders and Temple.

Billy Ray

Nurhachi1991 said:
This one is bad TOD is the best one.

I think it looks pretty good. Not as cool as the other two, it doesn't seem to have as much to it...unless there is more stuff around the backside. The Indy on horse looks a lot better than Gentle Giant's IMO.

The Man

I'm not fond of this or the others. They seem gaudy and slapdash. The tank is a nice touch, though.

Agent Z

Billy Ray said:
I think it looks pretty good. Not as cool as the other two, it doesn't seem to have as much to it..

This is what many people were remarking about Crusade the film, as they left their respective showings in 1989....;)

Agent Z

The Man said:
When, oh when will some of these guys do a Mola Ram statue?

It's all about your fetish, isn't it?!

The hell I say.... (n)

*refreshing Kotobukiya homepage, in hopes of a newly posted update for a Spalko piece*

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Koto canceling Last Crusade ARTFX Offering

I guess they weren't up to the challenge...

As they say at the end of Bernard Malmud's classic, The Natural; "say it ain't so..."

It looks like Hasbro isn't the only Indy tie-in merchandiser to throw in the the towel. Throwmetheidol.com reports that Kotobukiya is not going forward with its line of ARTFX statues, and ending after the Temple of Doom piece currently shipping. Here ;s what Les a Thrownmetheidol.com received:

To our valued customers,

We are sorry to inform you that due to various reasons we have decided not to release the INDIANA JONES ARTFX THEATRE LAST CRUSADE, initially planned to be released this December.
We sincerely apologize to all our fans, customers and distributors for any inconvenience that we may have caused.

Sincerely,
Kotobukiya Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
International Sales and Marketing

Here's to hoping that like a bad penny, Indy toys and products start turning up again soon! Maybe when Indy 5 comes around!

Deckard

I love the people who still think overall Crystal Skull didn't suck. It's the very reason all of these lines are being **** canned.

No thats cant be it, it was a good movie...really... :rolleyes:

Oh btw think about this.

They still are making statues based on Dead or Alive 2. Thats a movie about women in bikinis playing volleyball based on a damn videogame.

People are still buying them, jsut not Indy stuff. That means Indy's new flick is less marketable then a video game movie with no plot. LoL. Suck it Lucas.

Last edited:

Crusade>Raiders

I'm pretty sure those statues are being made off the popularity of Dead of Alive video games, particurly the HUUUUUUUGE breasts of the women. There is nothing nerdy collectors love more than anime breasts of the large variety.

snake_surprise

Deckard said:
I love the people who still think overall Crystal Skull didn't suck. It's the very reason all of these lines are being **** canned.

Oh btw think about this.

They still are making statues based on Dead or Alive 2. Thats a movie about women in bikinis playing volleyball based on a damn videogame.

People are still buying them, jsut not Indy stuff. That means Indy's new flick is less marketable then a video game movie with no plot. LoL. Suck it Lucas.
100% true, accurate, and awesome. Could not have said it better myself.

Deckard, you are the Raven MVP in my book.

Lambonius

Deckard said:

Oh btw think about this.

The main market for collectibles like that is adult men, ages 21+. Of course statues of scantily clad women are going to continue to sell. I guarantee people don't buy those because of the film they're based off of. T&A will always sell well, regardless.

snake_surprise

Lambonius said:
T&A will always sell well, regardless.
Very true.

However if Indy 4 was in line with the other three (or better yet, AMAZING) people would be excited about the character and films, more than just Indy fans like us. Indy stuff like this would be flying off the shelves and would get corresponding support from manufacturers.

Since the movie was terrible (it was, everyone, get over it) the mainstream interest quickly waned, thus hurting everything from the toy line, these statues, and so on.