Crystal Skull fan-edits

Indy's brother

sandiegojones said:
Still the perspective of this photo is almost identical to the film:
T-52-38.JPG

*I'm sold.*

sandiegojones

Deckard said:
I understand the plausible explanation thing, its just to me, something we as fans shouldn't even have to do, we shouldn't have to go oh its possible if this and that.
Sure, but every summer I see movies that are just as ridiculous that make no effort to be plausible. Like Iron Man for instance. He hits the jet and the wing rips off, but he's fine with no damage to his suit even though it's metal too? Or maybe how he crashes down in the desert in the Mark I suit and it shreds apart but he's okay? As if skin is tougher than metal? Don't get me wrong, I love Iron Man, but is it plausible? I know it's a superhero movie, but like Indy it's not meant to represent reality. That's why movies are fun. If you want realistic movies about Nazi's or Soviets, see Schindler's List or Doctor Zhivago.

Deckard

sandiegojones said:
Sure, but every summer I see movies that are just as ridiculous that make no effort to be plausible. Like Iron Man for instance. He hits the jet and the wing rips off, but he's fine with no damage to his suit even though it's metal too? Or maybe how he crashes down in the desert in the Mark I suit and it shreds apart but he's okay? As if skin is tougher than metal? Don't get me wrong, I love Iron Man, but is it plausible? I know it's a superhero movie, but like Indy it's not meant to represent reality. That's why movies are fun. If you want realistic movies about Nazi's or Soviets, see Schindler's List or Doctor Zhivago.

Didn't see Iron Man. Only Superhero movies I really like and will go see are Nolan's Batman, bcuz its grounded in reality. But Iron Man was a comic book and cartoon first. Indy was inspired by serials but designed to be in a movie.

Raiders is pretty realistic right up to the ark / power of god thing.

Nothing makes me go, no way in hell. Mainly because is all real stunts and alot of times Harry. So to say he isn't trying to be realistic is absurd.

Indy was always famous for the stunts, thats why there is an Indy Stunt show you know?

So Indy was prety realistic in all those films untl we delt with supernatural. Like the heart is ripped out because a god wills it. The ark kills nazis and not Iny bcuz god wills it.

This was just over the top CGI crap, poorly written, that ultimately pushed this film over the edge.

There were aliens, remember them? the General public didn't focus onthe aliens, they focused on he nuke the fridge thing. It got awards for best new phrase r something, people sold shirts with it. Why? Because it was insane.

So really thats a bad arguement man. We all expected something crazy, like the 3 waterfalls, they were crazy but not nuke crazy. Theres a differance.

Oh btw its not a movie about nazis or soviets remember? Its called Indiana Jones. Not Irina Spalko and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I wanted to see a realistic movie about Indiana Jones not russians.

Unfortunately I saw a characicature of what he once was.

Last edited:

Deckard

sandiegojones said:
Hey, if you want to wallow in misery be my guest but I loved the film! No fan edit is required!

Then posting in this thread isn't either..

I'm not wallowing in anything anymore bcuz I edited it out. I never thought I'd be better at editing then Steven himself, especily his own film, but it feels good.

inuvuwow

Its very simple how he survived a nuclear blast. Drinking from the grail didn't make him immortal because once you pass the Great Seal, the grail's powers are null and void.
However, what if drinking from the grail, though not making Indy immortal, at least gave him some extra oooomf? Henry Sr. was up there in age himself.
Ridiculous? Maybe. Does it let me sleep at night after watching the movie? Yes.

Benraianajones

Kooshmeister, I like what you did about editing thr tarzan bit out. I'd maybe cut out the shot of the fridge flying up really far, and cut it down to the initial last few shots of the fridge rolling around on the ground, so we don't see it going over the car.

Though the fridge part doesn't especially bother me.

Johnny Jones

inuvuwow said:
Its very simple how he survived a nuclear blast. Drinking from the grail didn't make him immortal because once you pass the Great Seal, the grail's powers are null and void.
However, what if drinking from the grail, though not making Indy immortal, at least gave him some extra oooomf? Henry Sr. was up there in age himself.
Ridiculous? Maybe. Does it let me sleep at night after watching the movie? Yes.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Nurhachi1991

A fan edit I would like to see are different photos on Indy's desk the stock photo of Henry Sr. and Marcus were horrible I would love to see these two pictures instead.

Here is a great one of Denholm Elliot it is perfect for a young Marcus.

denholm-elliott-1.jpg

and this one would of been perfect for the picture of Henry Sr. this is a photo you think Indy would have framed on his desk it really would of made the moment alot sadder when Indy stares at the picture

photobig.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
A fan edit I would like to see are different photos on Indy's desk the stock photo of Henry Sr. and Marcus were horrible I would love to see these two pictures instead.
I've already done it:
Version A
Version B ;)

The Connery pic isn't the best, so I guess I'll use the one you've posted.

The Golden Idol

I think that Indy should use his gun instead of just taking it out in the cemetery. Can a gunshot and muzzle flash be edited in? If so, that'd be great.

Also, like other people said, some lines NEED to be dubbed using the trailers, documentaries, etc., especially "Part time", "Come on genius", "Not as easy as it used to be" and "I never should have doubted you, my friend". That last one particularly bothers me.

Posted by: Laserschwert
I've already done it:
Version A
Version B

The Connery pic isn't the best, so I guess I'll use the one you've posted.
...is there some way you can put this on youtube because I'm having trouble viewing it, I would really appreciate it(y)

Udvarnoky

I think for most people, including myself, the problems with Indy4 are too fundamental to be corrected with lopping off choice moments. The movie needed a rewrite, not a recut.

I mean, I guess if I could I would cut lines here and there that I didn't like, but you can't just cut whatever you want without it ending up sloppy or otherwise damaging the film. If I only had the final cut to work with, I think the only thing I'd lose that would actually help the film to the degree that it could be helped by that point would be the FBI interrogation scene, which works by itself but in the context of the overall movie is superfluous, draggy, and creates the expectation that the fed subplot will actually be followed through on later. Cut straight from the mushroom cloud (which is a much more effective, iconic and clear end for the prologue) to Marshall College.

EddyW

Laserschwert, I noticed that you posted an edit of the jungle chase and waterfall sequence over at the other forum, would you mind posting them here as well so we can discuss them? I especially thought the junglescene worked quit well in your cut, the waterfalls I'm not so sure of. I would have to watch the original footage, but your version didn't feel completely right, not as close as you got with the jungle scene at least.

Udvarnoky, of course you are right with your first remark, but it is still interesting to see what a few changes here and there can do. Storywise it will never be my favorite, but it was those few bizarre moments in the film that really made me dislike the film as much as I did.

indyjones2131

I'm one of the guys on the other site working on the edit - well at least offering suggestions. (jones1899)

I have to say, though I had my doubts to begin with, I disagree with those who claim this movie is beyond repair. It's amazing how some color and saturation tweaks can change the entire feel of the film. Also, trimming some CGI fat, adding more familiar music, cutting bad dialog, etc goes a long way toward making this a film that could at least rightfully stand beside the others.

Problem is our talented and super busy Laserchwert, who was actually doing the edit is swamped with real life now and by all accounts for a while.

Anyone here have the tech knowledge and time take our well thought out list on the other site and make it a reality?

Bjorn Heimdall

I was reading some of the original poster's linked page and there was mentioning of cutting away the part where Spalko telekinetically opens the warehouse door. Erm I never even got the impression that she did. The raising of her hand just before the panel beside the door sparks was surely only to instruct someone to fry it.