So there WILL be an Indy 5 right?

indyclone25

would this be a cool poster to see----( made by cineghost) friend of mine on myspace
l_cee08f68ab864a19b21f713fbbf5ddcb.jpg

foreignerfred

YES,

That would be an awesome poster to see. In fact, it would be cool if maybe a new or unused picture from either the KOTCS shoot, or a new photo all together would be featured in a teaser poster like that.

I think they'd only officially put a tease out like that if they were really ready to start some level of production. Doesn't sound like they're anywhere near a starting point. It's that dreadful Pre-Pre-Production time that swallowed up nearly twenty years before KOTCS.

Let's HAVE a fifth installment, gents.

...Pretty please?

The Magic Rat

I heard from a friend whose cousin has an uncle whose best friend works for Paramount in the janitorial department and he said the script is finished and that Mutt is the star

I seriously can not find anything new and credible about this that doesn't read as 13 year old liars posting all over the intertubes. I really want to just know, but I'm so afraid this will just drag on and on and never happen. All of these hints from Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas just tease and really don't say anything. My hope has dwindled considerably. Even if they just said, "Yes, but it won't be in production until 2012," I'd be happy. I just think this will drag on and on and go nowhere.

Dewy9

Well after reading what SS said on the front page, I'm pretty bummed. It doesn't like it's going to happen. Maybe one day we'll get to see a Mutt spinoff with Indy and Marion tagging along, but I think the days of Indy being the star of the show are over. :(

Oh well. I'm very thankful for getting KOTCS and for getting the chance to see it on the big screen.

Dewy9 said:
Well after reading what SS said on the front page, I'm pretty bummed. It doesn't like it's going to happen. Maybe one day we'll get to see a Mutt spinoff with Indy and Marion tagging along, but I think the days of Indy being the star of the show are over. :(

Oh well. I'm very thankful for getting KOTCS and for getting the chance to see it on the big screen.

Well I heard it a little different. The person asked something like this, "We saw the montage of all your movies, do you think we will see any of them again in sequels or remakes?" Right away Spielberg said, "We might bring Indy back...George and I had some meetings."

So I think it was good news. They both are talking about it. Spielberg could have said no, so Indy is still in the back of his mind. I think he will film TinTin, then Lincoln, then we will see Indy 5 in 2012. Ford will be 68/69 years old. That's my prediction :gun:

Dewy9

Indyfan4ever said:
Well I heard it a little different. The person asked something like this, "We saw the montage of all your movies, do you think we will see any of them again in sequels or remakes?" Right away Spielberg said, "We might bring Indy back...George and I had some meetings."

So I think it was good news. They both are talking about it. Spielberg could have said no, so Indy is still in the back of his mind. I think he will film TinTin, then Lincoln, then we will see Indy 5 in 2012. Ford will be 68/69 years old. That's my prediction :gun:

Well I sure hope you're right. Harrison's like the reverse of dogs- 66 to him is like 55 to an average person, and he's not going to really age much in a span of 5 years. But I really think they need to get to work on it. There's no indication that they're working on a script, or even have a MacGuffin picked out. George, get to work!

caats

yeah if the question was just characters and not specifically about Indy, and then he brought Indy up saying there might be another one. then that's awesome.

Forbidden Eye

As revealed on numerous times, Spielberg was the one with resistance and why Indy 4 spent so much time in development hell, so the fact he isn't rushing on Indy 5 is a little bothersome.

Still, I'm definitely hopeful for at least one more time with Dr. Jones. :hat:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Forbidden Eye said:
Spielberg was the one with resistance and why Indy 4 spent so much time in development hell
He and Ford balked at the alien elements until 2000, when Lucas started using his veto. I don't know how knowingly the Golden Globes question was asked (we've heard Indy 5 murmurs every month since April), but Spielberg still volunteered the Indy update himself.

caats

yeah that isn't bothersome at all to me. if he brought it up by himself, to say they might do it. GREAT!!

vf wing

That's true! The way the quote is worded, Spielberg isn't even being asked about Indy specifically. Rather Spielberg brought up the topic. It's actually encouraging news! (y)

The wait will be determined by how fast George gets it in gear. His pronouncements have been even more encouraging, even if we haven't heard anything from him lately.

RaideroftheArk

How would you guys feel if Lucas polled a Macguffin among fans?

It seems that the Crystal Skull was something that he really wanted to explore and since there was all this talk about KOTCS being made for the fans, perhaps they should expand on that and let fans pick the next thing that Indy goes after.

Way of the dodo

In a way, the older Harrison is the better. It will force Lucas and Spielberg to be more creative, and moving Indy into the "Mad Men" early-60s would be cool. (plus Gran Torino shows we can all enjoy a really old guy kicking some ass)