Customizing Indy Figures

pipecito2112YYZ

well, i haven't posted in a while, so i made my own version of the KOTCS indy, with some variants, hope you like them, an why not? reply the cool effect...

P1030326.jpg

i wanted to make one small scale accurate to the sideshow KOTCS indy, without the fridge, an this is my humble result... :whip:
you only need 2 INDY figures, the ROTLA indy with the golden idol, an the KOTCS, :whip: so, remove the whole accesories, like the shoulder bag, an then boil some water; when the water is very hot, throw both figures in it, an wait like 15min, an begin to make some changes...

P1030331.jpg
P1030333.jpg

so i used,
ROTLA, arms, shoes, hat (optional)
KOTCS, torso, head, legs& hips, an removable hat
so, for our main figure, change the KOTCS arms & shoes, an place there the ROTLA arms & jacket an the shoes, you will see those are one tone more darker than the KOTCS indy, which is good, so more screen accurate; i removed the belt with gun holster an whip holder, if you watch if closely, after Indy & mutt are captured in the russian camp, he got no belt with holster, or gun, just like that :gun: so i cut a bit an placed the whip holder on it, glued with superglue, an place the coiled whip on it.

P1030341.jpg

if you want, you can use the removable hat...:hat: or very very carefully, cut half the head of indy, an glue the ROTLA on his head, so he can have one nice hat, an silver hair, as the good old Harrison Ford.
P1030337.jpg

this one is the KOTCS indy with the RPG, an i modified to look just like the area 51 scene.
and here is both comparisons,

P1030338.jpg

P1030339.jpg

and one final look of KOTCS screen accurate Indy, so you can enjoy!

P1030331.jpg

inky_skin

Wow, it's been an absolute age since I posted in this thread. Been busy making some diorama items for a board member - thought you might get a giggle out of seeing them...

Featured here are the Sankara Stones, Cross of Coronado, removable Headpiece / Staff of Ra, 50's style flashlight. Various other bits and pieces (Davy Jones's Chest, Crystal Skull, scroll, Necronomicon etc). US Army crate to house custom pieces.

artifacts.jpg

This one needs to have the paint apps completed in order to look appropriately "nuked"...

fridge.jpg

inky_skin

ddschneider1972 said:
did you make the fridge? I've been looking for one, but never found anything I liked at the right scale

Yep, the fridge is completely hand-fabricated. The outer shell was made by cooking 3mm PVC sheet in the oven until pliable and then bending it round a wooden template to get the continuous curved piece. Then it was just a case of adding the details.

Last edited:

inky_skin

mister64 said:
Love the artifact shelf Inky! How did you make the sankara stones?

Shaped from Games Workshop "GreenStuff TM" and then cast in resin. The Cross of Coronado and Ra headpiece are also resin pieces.

The_Raiders

I made a custom western Indy out of the basic sideshow one. I'm gonna post pics soon. Indys gear is mostly based off John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.

EddyW

I didn't really know where to post this, but also didn't want to open a new topic. Does anyone know what kind of head is on the left Indy figure in this photo? It looks like a sideshow figure, but with a different, better looking head on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

inky_skin

EddyW said:
I didn't really know where to post this, but also didn't want to open a new topic. Does anyone know what kind of head is on the left Indy figure in this photo? It looks like a sideshow figure, but with a different, better looking head on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Believe it's a custom head cast from a Sideshow "Smuggler Han" figure and lightly modded to adapt the hairstyle. It was doing the rounds on Sideshow Freaks forum a while back (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45311). Sorry I can't be more informative...Raven users mfisher or hemble may be able to shed more light on it - I know they contribute over at Sideshow.

hemble

Mate have you got a close up shot at all, but looking at this pic it looks like kaiburr HS but without a close up I can't be sure.

Ron

Deckard

Its the German Disguise figure head from Sideshow. I am also doing a mod of this right now.

I have gone a step further however, having removed the actual Raiders version hat instead of using the extra loose one, since the actual version the figure had fits the head post better.

I then had extra hair resculpted around the hat to fill in any gaps, and the head repainted. Going to use a Hot Toys body, Sov Studios jacket, DID shirt, Crystal Skull version pants, and Mike Fisher custom belts to finish it up. Heres a preview.

IMG_6543.jpg

EddyW

Ah, ok I see. I always thought that German Disguise Indy had the same headsculpt as Raiders Indy, just a different outfit. Thanks for the info. The head looks great by the way, it has a little bit more expression.

hemble

Thanks Deckard I have been racking my brain wondering what HS that was, I'll have to see if I can get some of them as they look perfect.

Ron

fenris

I've always been frustrated trying to find an accurate Harrison Ford head.

I've seen a lot of Arnold S, Sam Worthington, Christian Bale, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Leonardo Di Caprio and other stars... but never a HF head!

...I'm not even sure I could replace the head of my 12" Hasbro Whip Action Indy even if I find one.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

inky_skin said:
Believe it's a custom head cast from a Sideshow "Smuggler Han" figure and lightly modded to adapt the hairstyle. It was doing the rounds on Sideshow Freaks forum a while back (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45311). Sorry I can't be more informative...Raven users mfisher or hemble may be able to shed more light on it - I know they contribute over at Sideshow.
.....EEK!...TOHT LOOKS CREEPY!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: