Diamond Select 18 inch Talking Indiana Jones

mfisher

The pics I have seen online of those looked pretty bad... as much as I love Indy stuff I figured I'd pass on that one...

mfisher said:
The pics I have seen online of those looked pretty bad... as much as I love Indy stuff I figured I'd pass on that one...

The one I saw in local comic shop looked alright - but I'm getting one soon that I'll do an in-depth review of on throwmetheidol.com

LD

Lon

His face is okay but his body looks weird. Like it's too thin.

Plus I think the "Indy with golden idol" is getting old. How many action figures are out now with him holding that?

michael crawfor

I reviewed this back several weeks ago:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121008a.htm

It's actually quite nice for the price. The more recent Darth Maul is even better, but Indy has a better head sculpt than any of the GG versions so far, and I think it's better than Koto's Indy statue as well. The jacket is sweet, if you can ignore the almost black color.

It is a PF? Nope, but then again, it's 1/6th the price.

Lon

michael crawfor said:
I reviewed this back several weeks ago:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121008a.htm

It's actually quite nice for the price. The more recent Darth Maul is even better, but Indy has a better head sculpt than any of the GG versions so far, and I think it's better than Koto's Indy statue as well. The jacket is sweet, if you can ignore the almost black color.

It is a PF? Nope, but then again, it's 1/6th the price.

I disagree. It's a $30-$40 figure at best.

mfisher

I'd like to get one and lop his noggin off, throw on my extra bare headed Indy from the exclusive PF then make a Map Room robe to cover his crappy robes.... would be a cool looking figure though... 1/4 scale maproom Indy.. make a small section of the maproom floor about the size of the base that comes with the sideshow Indy... hmmmm....

Indy Black

I'll pass, the bank looks intresting. But I can't shake the thought that Indy wants you to give him your money or he's going to smack you with the whip:whip: It's a stick up!:gun:

Billy Ray

Diamond Select had the following to say about the future of Indy and his missing bag in their latest Q&A:
Jeffrey Miceli: Hi, I just felt very compelled to express to you guys that the quarter scale Indiana Jones is phenomenal!!! Pictures do not do this doll justice. From the packaging to the facial sculpt to the clothes, beautiful and worth every penny. But, here goes the but don’t worry only thing is that as iconic as is the whip, hat and jacket so is the haversack bag on his side! My only complaint is he needs his bag. I think I’m gonna be getting the Anakin but any chance we’ll see anymore Indy’s? You guys did one hell of a job on him and I say thank you!!!!!

DSTChuck: I think if there is one thing I regret about the Indy is the bag! We put SO much into that piece that the budget just ran way over…something had to go and it was the bag. If the Raiders doll does as well as we think we have several more Indy’s planned for the line.

Aaron Bossak:
Will Art Asylum make a satchel bag for the UQS Indiana Jones?

DSTChuck: Our very next Indy doll WILL have the bag.

Sounds like DST isn't giving up on the Indy license like so many other companys. I wonder if their next Indy will be TOD???