Worst movie you've ever seen

WillKill4Food

HovitosKing said:
KotCS...worst in terms of biggest letdown.
Very true. Still a better adventure flik than say The Mummy Returns, though. I hate that movie.

Montana Smith said:
The Big Lebowski was just pretentious crap. It has the distinction as being one of the few DVDs that I've erased from my list and sold. Another recent one was Asylum's Battle of Los Angeles knock-off.
That's strange, all things considered. Why the change?

Last edited:

JP Jones

kongisking said:
Transformers 2

Passion of the Christ

Batman and Robin

Can't decide which wins the dubious honor! :confused:
Batman and Robin... why, you ask?... Well, for me, my favorite comic character of all-time, the dark, brooding, awesome Batman, was completly ruined!

People are going to say the same about KotCS, and they have, but here, there is no question the level of hopes for a batman movie and the sh*t that came out, and how incredibly opposite they are. It is painful to see a childhood hero drive a crappy toy, fight "goons" who look more welcome on Power Rangers than Batman, and live in a stupid playland that he calls "Gotham".

Everything from the plot to the characters to the God-awful direction seems like it was delibritly horrible. I watch it and think "Why did they try so damn hard to ruin Batman?" I hate how the Batman I love is so much different than the batman in B&R!

And that's why that film is the worst I've ever seen.

Montana Smith

WillKill4Food said:

Because as a film it was one of the most depressing and unfunny I've seen.

Forbidden Eye said:
You should give it another chance. Like most of the Coen Brothers films, TBL is one that gets funnier and more enjoyable on each repeat viewing.

It's not a world I want to venture back into. The Coen Brothers often create unsettling environments, but this one was really pretentious with it.

I'd rate it as one of the worst since it gets hyped so much. The expectation of a laugh out loud comedy quickly subsided.

Other American 'comedies' that I'd put on the list would be Cheaper By The Dozen, and anything I've seen with Adam Sandler or Rob Schneider in it.

NickTurner

That's funny I was just thinking "any movie with Adam Sandler" in it :D

I think the movie that really does it for me though is Miracle Mile - hands down THE MOST DEPRESSING MOVIE EVER! I truly felt like cra*p after seeing this abomination as it basically paints the human race as possessing not one shred of decency whatsoever. :sick: Makes the devil himself look like a saint.

Dang I wish I hadn't even thought about it. Sorry to have brought it up really. Except as a warning.

*Shudder*

I posted my worst movies in a previous post. My most disappointing movies are

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Spiderman 3
Blade Trinity

Montana Smith

NickTurner said:
That's funny I was just thinking "any movie with Adam Sandler" in it :D

I tried watching Little Nicky on TV once. I think I managed ten minutes!

clintonmills said:
I posted my worst movies in a previous post. My most disappointing movies are

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

That's exactly the category I'd put KOTCS into.

Blade had run its course by the time of Trinity, and none of the Spider-Man movies really lived up to their potential.

WillKill4Food said:

Oh, I'd draw the honourable gentleman to the comments in this thread. ;)

Forbidden Eye said:
I also don't think The Goonies or The Rocketeer are THAT terrible

As for The Rocketeer, I had the misfortune of seeing that in the cinema because our first choice movie, Terminator 2, was sold out. If I had my way I'd have gone home, but I wasn't driving and my mates wanted to see a movie. (We could have gone to Boogies, the Southampton bar with the live music that left me deaf for three days after a Lone Crow set. Yes, that would have been preferable to The Rocketeer as I sat in the cinema looking at my watch!)

Forbidden Eye said:
(I also don't think The Goonies or The Rocketeer are THAT terrible(remember, this is worst film you've "ever" seen)).
Yeah, not the worst, but Goonies was a bunch of crap thrown together and then against the wall, they kept what stuck. Rocketeer was flat. For an action/adventure film it was devoid of any emotion.
Montana Smith said:
The Big Lebowski was just pretentious crap.
There were some interesting ideas but I wasn't all that interested in figuring it out which ones man.
Montana Smith said:
I tried watching Little Nicky on TV once. I think I managed ten minutes!
Rodney Dangerfield is in that one!

...and I still can't sit through it either. I do like Happy Gilmour though.

Forbidden Eye said:
As for The Rocketeer, I had the misfortune of seeing that in the cinema because our first choice movie, Terminator 2, was sold out. If I had my way I'd have gone home, but I wasn't driving and my mates wanted to see a movie. (We could have gone to Boogies, the Southampton bar with the live music that left me deaf for three days after a Lone Crow set. Yes, that would have been preferable to The Rocketeer as I sat in the cinema looking at my watch!)
Oi, it was Eddie Muphy Raw or Throw Mamma from the Train...I should have just gone into Raw, (no longer friends with those two idiots!).

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Rodney Dangerfield is in that one!

...and I still can't sit through it either. I do like Happy Gilmour though.

There is Punch-Drunk Love, but that one's only sort of an Adam Sandler movie. Really, it's the Sandler persona being put to a different use.

I just saw the trailer for the Smurfs, and I'll betcha that earns a spot on here, if anyone actually sees it.

The Drifter

I have an unusual gift. I can sit and watch about any movie, and wring some enjoyment from it.
Jury Duty? Seen it, and liked it.
Troll 2? Own it, and watch it.
Howard the Duck? Enjoy it (that's for you, Stoo ;) )

I do however find some movies dull. Such as Lady In the Water, Pretty Woman, Spanglish and Twilight.

The Drifter

I'll be the first to admit that I like some Adam Sandler movies. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and Waterboy just to name a few.
While I dislike some others such as Click, Anger Managment, The Wedding Singer.

I feel the same about Jim Carrey. I liked botb Ace Ventura flicks, Dumb and Dumber, and The Mask, but Liar Liar, The Cable Guy, and Bruce Almighty were boring.

Not saying I didn't derive some enjoyment from the bad installments. Just not as much.

Dr. Gonzo

featofstrength said:
You guys seen the trailer for "Jack and Jill"? :dead:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qKSAvNOIaNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JayDee

Spiderman 3
Transformers 1+2+3
Miami Vice Reboot
The Transporter 3
Conan The Barbarian
2001 Space Odyssey
Masters Of The Universe
Batman 3+4

Just to name a few quick...

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
Inception was just horrible
Why? Even if it wasn't your cup of tea, I can't imagine a substantive argument that it is among the "worst" films ever made. Same goes for the LotR films and others that I can't help thinking people list on here just to make it appear that they have exceedingly highbrow tastes.

Nurhachi1991

WillKill4Food said:
Why? Even if it wasn't your cup of tea, I can't imagine a substantive argument that it is among the "worst" films ever made. Same goes for the LotR films and others that I can't help thinking people list on here just to make it appear that they have exceedingly highbrow tastes.

The story was stupid. It was overrated. The majority only like it because it's a Chris Nolan film and you know he did the Dark Knight so everything he makes must rule :rolleyes: and Freddy Krueger could of ended the movie in 20 mins.

Now Hobo with a Shotgun on was a masterpiece is suspence and action yet it got no praise let alone even being acknowledged.

roundshort

WillKill4Food said:

I wonder if this is similar to the wine world. If you buy a $10 bottle of wine and it is horrible, you move on. If you buy a $200 bottle of wine, your standards go way up. So if that bottle does not live up to it, you have a much larger let down. So while it is probably worlds betters than the $10 bottle, you end being more up set with the crappy $200 bottle.

I have to say movies like Inception are so bad, it is made worse knowing the major bucks behind them and the crazy promtion of the film.

Not the worst, but a huge let down