Indiana Jones Marathon on USA Network

Montana Smith said:
Last night on Sky and BBC during the 'student' riots (and I use the term 'student' with extreme caution) we were treated to the reporter warning us that the camera won't be going in close on some of the graffiti because it was "unsuitable for tea-time viewing".
I saw a lovely photo of Charles and Camilla which appeared as though they had a pulse! Bloody editors!:p

Indy's brother said:
Besides, it would have cracked me up to know that Shia had to go in and record spare dialog at some point to make is character seem less cool.
Sam Jackson's "Monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane" has to be the best.

indyclone25

raiders and temple looked great , not crisp as i thought , but just as good as my dvd copies on my blu-ray player .

Montana Smith

indyclone25 said:
raiders and temple looked great , not crisp as i thought , but just as good as my dvd copies on my blu-ray player .

I wonder if that's an indication of just how much work will have to be put into bring the 'original trilogy' to blu-ray readiness? (Whatever it is they do to them).

Indy's brother

indyclone25 said:

Really? Not that I'm any kind of expert, but I thought they looked better than the dvd's I run through my PS3 onto my HDTV.

digitalfreaknyc

indyclone25 said:

Then you're not watching the HD version or you don't know what you're talking about.

They all look great...light years better than the DVD's.

indyclone25

digitalfreaknyc said:
Then you're not watching the HD version or you don't know what you're talking about.

They all look great...light years better than the DVD's.
im not a idiot, i know hd and they look about the same as i play them on my samsung bluray player and my samsung hd tv ----all i'm saying is that the tv version look the same as my dvd 's do on my player ,

A quick browse and it looked like Temple will be repeated on USA Network thru the 20th, (almost on a daily basis!), but none of the others...(n)

Nurhachi1991

Indy's brother said:
Yeah me too, actually! Besides, it would have cracked me up to know that Shia had to go in and record spare dialog at some point to make is character seem less cool.

"Bull-Shark!"
"Bull-oney!"

Bull Puckey! :hat:

StoneTriple

Seems to me like they've been playing them more than they advertised. I watched Crusade twice just yesterday. Back to back, in fact. The others seemed to be repeated several times the past few days also. Tonight Kingdom will be commercial-free.

I know we all have these on DVD and can\do watch them regularly any time we want, but I enjoy seeing them on cable sometimes. Yeah, they have commercials and editing, but I really like when a network makes such a big deal of the series like this. Nice to see the appreciation. They are a big deal.

digitalfreaknyc

indyclone25 said:
im not a idiot, i know hd and they look about the same as i play them on my samsung bluray player and my samsung hd tv ----all i'm saying is that the tv version look the same as my dvd 's do on my player ,

You may not be an idiot but you sure don't know how to judge the difference between HD and SD material.

I watched them on my bedroom TV which is only 720p and 32" and I saw the huge difference in detail.

sopes

digitalfreaknyc said:
You may not be an idiot but you sure don't know how to judge the difference between HD and SD material.

I watched them on my bedroom TV which is only 720p and 32" and I saw the huge difference in detail.

difference noted with my gear. with HD black is truly black, and very noticeable with explosions - thinking the boat in the beginning of Last Crusade when Indy gets the cross finally. that was brilliant in HD.

really hope 2011 is the year for these. as pointed out, perfect timing for the anniversary.

and count me on the list of enjoying these being broadcasted - makes it feel like an event of some sorts. I'll be tuning in here and there throughout the day.

eta: the 5.1 mix is pretty dismal, heavily weighted on the rear speakers, but easily adjustable.

AnnieJones

Finally,they air an Indiana Jones marathon on tv.On Spike,all they air is Star Wars and nobody ever airs anything "Indy" it seems.I remember they aired an Indiana Jones marathon on USA when the 4th movie was in the theater.At least there is one channel out there that will air Indiana Jones.Go USA network!(y) :hat:

StoneTriple

The series is also getting some respect as the USA Network home page during the marathon. Very nice.

IndyMarathon.jpg

Morning Bell

StoneTriple said:
Seems to me like they've been playing them more than they advertised. I watched Crusade twice just yesterday. Back to back, in fact. The others seemed to be repeated several times the past few days also. Tonight Kingdom will be commercial-free.

I know we all have these on DVD and can\do watch them regularly any time we want, but I enjoy seeing them on cable sometimes. Yeah, they have commercials and editing, but I really like when a network makes such a big deal of the series like this. Nice to see the appreciation. They are a big deal.

Agreed! I'm watching KOTCS right now and I watched some of the others over the weekend when I had a chance. I know I can watch the DVDs anytime but it's nice to have something on television that I can actually get excited about.:)