Your Favorite Indy Escape!

michael

I'd say mine is without a doubt, the swinging into the mine cart in Temple of Doom.

It has to be arguably the most "INDIANA JONESY" moment in all of the films.

It contains the perfect amount of luck and practicality to escape the certain situation he was in. Regardless if the Thuggees who attack him are incompetent as hell.

Love the snap of the railing, the scream of the Thuggee he kicks over and the music that plays while he swings into the cart. It's perfect to me.

I have a feeling the escape from the Hovitos will be the most popular, but what's your favorite Indy Escape?

The Drifter

The same as you most likely.
That was the very definition of action! We had the Thuggee shooting at him from every angle while he ran across the scaffolding and the mine-cart was getting further away from him each second.
I could feel the heat of the place as Indy used every ounce of his energy to make a run for it while sweat poured off him. Cracked his whip and swung across the chamber and into the cart.

And, still he wasn't safe! The mine-cart chase/escape was awesome as well. Hell, the action never stopped until the slower beats at the rope bridge, and even that was tense.

Montana Smith

Throwing Vogel out of the zeppelin was one of Indy's funniest and boldest escapes from a tricky situation.

264.jpg

michael

Would've loved to hear the crowd's reaction of that opening night in '89, that's for sure.

I also love Indy escaping off the circus train via the magic box. Yeah sure, it's about as impossible as surviving a fridge in a nuclear blast, but I just dig it because of the look/smile Fedora gives. "This kid will never give up."

Montana Smith said:
Throwing Vogel out of the zeppelin was one of Indy's funniest and boldest escapes from a tricky situation.

264.jpg
He was able to escape because somehow the gloved Gestapo officer who accompanied the Standartenführer aboard the Zeppelin disappeared...

Goodeknight

Two come to mind as the most mimicked in other movies.

* Boulder chase

* Grabbing his hat after escaping the spike room in TOD

michael

The Boulder scene is the most iconic and the most referenced. No doubt.

Maybe it's because I didn't see Raiders when it first came out (wasn't alive at the time). And maybe it's because I saw Temple and Crusade first. But....I find the boulder scene overrated. There, I said it. :eek:

It's still classic, though.

Last edited:

IndyJones5183

My favorite part is after this when Willie gets into the room and then they have to make their escape, then door or pillar closes and his hat falls off,then he reaches for it.

Indiana-Jones-and-the-Temple-Of-Doom-3-1.jpeg

JRJENNINGS86

jumping out of Club Obi-Wan into the car giving him the chance to cop-a-feel of Willies chest then drinking the antidote. that is what i call heroic:whip:

window jump+ boob graze+ antidote = priceless escape