Staff of Kings 360/PS3 test animations

mrman7

Such a shame

Was very excited about this game. Disappointed it never made it to the 360. :mad: The wii version we got was essentially unplayable. I only bought it because it came with Fate of Atlantis but even that was hard to play with the wii-mote.(n)

InVader

Just out of curiosity I thought I would see if I could find any of the old game play from the original 360 game. I came across this on Youtube. I don't remember seeing some of the game play near the beginning of the video and thought I'd pass the link along to anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/MSDFgm7wSys

IndyBuff

InVader said:
Just out of curiosity I thought I would see if I could find any of the old game play from the original 360 game. I came across this on Youtube. I don't remember seeing some of the game play near the beginning of the video and thought I'd pass the link along to anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/MSDFgm7wSys

Wow, I don't recall ever seeing those clips before! Really great stuff that just makes me regret how often this franchise is placed on the backburner.

dprog

Unfortunately the punch animations look too much like the PSP and PS2 versions.(Too Slow)

I think this game wasn't turning out that good which is why they canceled it.(And why they made The Force Unleashed 1 a priority to this game)

BTW why they didn't show any footage of their awesome "Water Physics" that they praised in that Gameinformer article ? ("Fall Of the Empire")

dprog

I came for the story of the cancelled video game and I stayed for all the KOTCS shade they were throwing!
Sorry about that. :(

But that's the only article that kinda explains why it was cancelled.
The guys that replaced the previous team members mismanaged the project and scrapped what they had done from 2004-2007 which I never knew that before reading this article.(Which they did this because they wanted to "change the camera system from the way it was.")

Sometimes, games get misdirected and mishandled even if the development team is talented .(Kinda similar to Remedy whom mismanaged their Alan Wake game and had to completely change the game from open world to linear in order to save it.)

Grizzlor

Well, the last few years has seen a massive amount of betas from many game consoles being dumped. One can only hope before long that this one finds its way because I'm sure there's a semi-playable demo somewhere.