Staff of Kings hints and tech help

col.dietrich

i was playing staff of kings yesterday on wii and i got stuck on the level in the blimp where you kill the nazis be swinging the piano around with a crane. i always get shot by this one guy. does anyone know how to get past this level on the wii version?
please help!

IAdventurer01

Persistence.

I tried about every trick I could think of. The most effective "trick" I found was to only concentrate on the two ladders closest to you, from where you can actually be shot. However, the time I got through I didn't do anything special - I just got lucky. :rolleyes:

Morning Bell

This level is downright annoying. Like Adventurer said, persistence is the key and finding a pattern that works takes some time. The two ladders closest to you are the main focus but try to hit the soldiers that are farther out if you get a chance. It just takes practice and eventually you'll manage to get it, then you can celebrate and know that you never have to play that level again.:D

I think you have to kill 11 or 12 to move on...it's a nerve wracking challenge and cause for celebration when you're done!

Good luck

lao che & sons

It's 11 of them. I tried for 5 hours straight and kept dying and my brother beat it in 3 tries :rolleyes: Just keep trying though there aren't any tricks to it.

The Tingler

There's some advice on the Staff of Kings thread. I had planned on adding a Hints & Tips page to IndyJones.net for the game, but frankly even though I vaguely enjoyed Staff of Kings it's put me off Indy gaming for a while.

doctorindyj

Wii Help

Greetings everyone,

I have to say I am becoming very quickly disillusioned with this game. I hope this is a good place to put this. Can anyone help me? Np matter what I do I can't get past the end of the shoot out in San Francisco. I try to do what the screen tells me but I never get past the first maneuver. I have to say that I hate this piece of $%$^$%. I have always hated one shot and you die type of things and this takes that to the ultimate level. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong? I just hate having to play the whole level Over and over and over again before I can try to do the tightrope thing again.

Thanks,

Doctorindyj.

The Tingler

Yes, this annoyed me too. You have to make a clear movement in the correct direction. There are four directions that don't repeat, which I believe are right, left, up, down (I could be wrong, haven't played it in a while). Don't do anything fancy, just move the remote smoothly in the correct direction as soon as the animation comes on screen - don't let it finish, the animation takes too long, which is what causes the frustration!

doctorindyj

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. Sorry it took so long to respond as my life has been reall busy. That might be where some of my frustration is coming from as well! (y)

Ska

I had the same problem here as well...

...which forced me to become quite the marksman now (after shooting the thugs over and over).

Col. Detritch

I had problems with the piano task, but it was fun in the long term (after you beat it!:whip: )

I originally done the game in normal difficulty, so after I beat it I started another file and tryed hard. I was supprised how much harder it was! For some reason the fight in Nepal where the Nazi pulls the ladder down really got me... this was either atually hard or just my 'expert' gaming skills at work!:p The only other bit that really got me in hard difficulty was the brawl in the Odin's Mess hall!:hat:

wolfgang

I hear all of you! Those parts re frustrating. I just passed the piano part after like thirty minutes! THis is what I did if anyone is still looking for advice:

The Wii remote is case sensitive as all of us who have play that part know. So what I did, held it with both my hands, and made sure the piano went to the direction I wanted it to go. I did that and I killed all 11 of them before they got to the ladders closest to me!!!! With that "trick", I never let them get to the top of the first ladders.

About the brawl in Nepal! I understand, Detritch!!! I died quite a lot in that one, but the frustrating part was that every time I died I had to sit through the whole little drama of the falling stairs!!!! ARRGGGHH! I wanna fight!!!! Don't wanna see that over and over!!! This game REALLY needs a skip button!

florida

Staff of Kings multiplayer help?

Hi everyone

Been playing Staff of Kings on the Wii, which I recently got. I tried playing the multiplayer with a friend as it looked fantastic and the prospect of Indy and Henry on an adventure was too good to miss.

However, we're stuck early on in the temple where you have the puzzle with the ciruclar saws in the floor and the blocks. We can't work out quite how to beat it. Hitting the gears with the rocks only stops them briefly, and there are only 3 rocks at any one time, but 4 gears. Also, the game crashes after a while on this puzzle.

Any hlep how to solve the puzzle? Thanks a lot.

InVader

You just need to stop the blades long enough to have the other player push the outside bricks into the center to complete the mural.

Ska

InVader said:
You just need to stop the blades long enough to have the other player push the outside bricks into the center to complete the mural.

Right. The rocks are only used to briefly stop the blades, so that the other player can push the blocks around the board without getting hit by the blades.

We (my wife and I) had a hard time figuring this part out, also.

And you're right, florida, it's very glitchy. It froze on us a few times while we were running around throwing rocks at everything to see what happened.

Lego Indy

I've been playing for a few weeks now and am almost finished. The piano was a pain, but the fighting levels are great. You really have to know your controls to be successful. Grappling works great and so does the whip. It keeps your enemies at bay and gives you time to execute the next move. I like the game except for the annoying repetition of storylines after you are killed. (y)

pipecito2112YYZ

Lego Indy said:
I've been playing for a few weeks now and am almost finished. The piano was a pain, but the fighting levels are great. You really have to know your controls to be successful. Grappling works great and so does the whip. It keeps your enemies at bay and gives you time to execute the next move. I like the game except for the annoying repetition of storylines after you are killed. (y)

useful information,thanks (y)
but i am still stuck in the freaking plane level in wii !!! any chance of cheat about??:gun:

Lego Indy

All I can offer is to keep the control as still as possible w little movement. You don't need to jerk the controller for the plane to respond. I liked to keep low while flying, but would move up to take out the planes. (y)

The Tingler

While the piano level and the rooftop whip-balancing frustrated me no end, I did the Sudan plane level first time. Just keep calm and try to barely move at all, with just gradual, gentle movements in the direction you need.