Hello

Robert Stephens

Hello Everyone,

Have been posting at the COW site for the last 1 1/2 weeks, invited there by Steve Delk of AdventureBilt hats, and have enjoyed it immensely. I had no idea there were this volume of fan base for the IJ franchise. COW is more costume and gear based, and is a great read to interchange with when folks wish to interact with others that are interested in props, clothing, etc. Great site. Many had emailed me to come here and purview this site as well. This site appears to be broad-interest fan based. Very interesting place so far.

I am an artist for NASA and do FX work by contract for the movie industry. Have bidded on the new Star Trek 7 (Pre-Production) and the new IJ4 (Lockdown-Production) and have gotten gigs for both.

Thank you for having me here.

Robert

Paramount FX
Particle Motion Dynamic FX
www.behold-the-rage.com

Robert Stephens

Aaron H said:
Hello, Robert. Welcome to the Raven, where nothing ever happens. :rolleyes:
Great artwork, btw!

Thank you Aaron,

Great site. Impressive fan base. Had no idea till I have been purviewing such. How long has this site been up and open to folks?

Thanks again,

Robert

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I joined just a month or so after we opened our doors. I just happened to stumble upon it one day looking at our Star Wars "sister" site TheForce.Net. We are good friends with Josh and his crew, but not "related" in any direct fashion.

Aside from being a mod, I used to have an article that was general Indiana Jones news, rants, and rumors. However, since Life got in the way I cut down to just a moderator role.

Again, welcome to the Raven Bar, and hope you hear something back about Star Trek and IJ4 soon.:)

Robert Stephens said:
Hello Everyone,

Have been posting at the COW site for the last 1 1/2 weeks, invited there by Steve Delk of AdventureBilt hats, and have enjoyed it immensely. I had no idea there were this volume of fan base for the IJ franchise. COW is more costume and gear based, and is a great read to interchange with when folks wish to interact with others that are interested in props, clothing, etc. Great site. Many had emailed me to come here and purview this site as well. This site appears to be broad-interest fan based. Very interesting place so far.

I am an artist for NASA and do FX work by contract for the movie industry. Have bidded on the new Star Trek 7 (Pre-Production) and the new IJ4 (Lockdown-Production) and have gotten gigs for both.

Thank you for having me here.

Robert

Paramount FX
www.behold-the-rage.com

Sorry to be so base in my lack of english language skills but lockdown and production seems slightly oxymoronic. Can it have the status of both at once ?

When you say you have gigs for both can we understand this in more clear exacting terms? Are you espousing that you have been accepted in some professional and paid position for Paramount Pictures or others for work on the Indiana Jones IV Movie to do some work for them at this point or are you speculating that this may occur at some point in the future ?

As so many rumors are spreading all over the internet about this stuff and you seem to be in the middle of the fray would you be so kind as to tell us clearly exactly what position you hold with ANY one or any firm that has any official duty with the Indiana Jones movies?

Since you brought up the COW forum, can you tell us why they considered your volumes of knowledge to be all second hand there and locked the thread down. Also are you contending that no grey hats was worn by Harrison ford in any of the Three Indiana Jones movies against the first hand knowledge of a customer and friend of ours that supplied 40-50 hats for the first two films and none for the third one?

Thank you for the oppertunity to clear some of these speculations up on a board of broad interest to so many and for obliging the mutiple invitations to join this illustrious board where many choose to ask the staight questions and do not buy in to the bs and hype and idolitry like those at COW do.

Charlie
Purveyor of finest bespoke ultra custom hand made hats in the universe
Trainer of Steve Delk prior to his droping out of school
Master of pupeter sharptoys-thebrim-Joelewis
Non official anything at the Raven

IndyBuff

Welcome to The Raven Robert Stephens!:whip:

It's always great to see new members here. I hope you enjoy your stay.

IndyBuff said:
Welcome to The Raven Robert Stephens!:whip:

It's always great to see new members here. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Could not agree more Indy Buff and in fact I have invited the whole gang over at the SBS including the man that supplied a good many of the hats to the previous 2 of the 3 movies to come join us if they have a mind to.

Charlie

Robert Stephens

RE: "Gladhatter"?

Is this Charlie Swindle(sp?)? If so, this is the individual that is banned at COW? And also whom has flooded my mail at behold and is blocked from there as well?

I'm not certain why this indivdual is here, based on his posts to others here. Is this type of behavior allowed here by the moderators/forum owners? I've now learned a little from reading the other threads/posts here, nearly all are quite sound and interesting.

Why is this indivdual allowed to post here with the content of his posts?

Just curious, as a newcomer?

Thanks again,

Robert

Paramount FX
www.behold-the-rage.com

VP

Moderator Emeritus
He isn't allowed to post anymore, his account has been locked.

welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, Robert. You mentioned Star Trek 7, I thought that the latest film was Star Trek: Nemesis, so shouldn't this one be number 11? Star Trek 7, Generations, came out in 1994.

Robert Stephens

VP said:
He isn't allowed to post anymore, his account has been locked.

welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, Robert. You mentioned Star Trek 7, I thought that the latest film was Star Trek: Nemesis, so shouldn't this one be number 11? Star Trek 7, Generations, came out in 1994.

Hey VP.

Your the same fella that is known for researching and finding all sort of links at COW. You also have some great comebacks as well. Good to see you here. Thank you for the good welcome too.

Star Trek 7, in-preproduction, is the code for the ST:Generations 2 since it is retro with cameos from first ST, and as a 'prequel' in a fashion. Actually, in sequence though for the whole ST franchise, it would be number 11. You are correct.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Robert

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the Raven, Robert!!!:whip:
I am the one also known as Phoenix Jones on Indygear COW. Also great to see another in the film industry. Technically I'm just a film student trying to get in the industry.

Robert Stephens

Violet Indy said:
Welcome to the Raven, Robert!!!:whip:
I am the one also known as Phoenix Jones on Indygear COW. Also great to see another in the film industry. Technically I'm just a film student trying to get in the industry.

Well, hello Violet,

Loved your posts over there and reading the threads here. Your posts have great humor and the comebacks are great as well. I love the exchange you had with that insane person, "Glad-Swindle" or something like that. Funny stuff. Still combing over the threads and posts and studying the difference from here and COW. This seems to be more broad based, while COW seems to emphasize costume and such. Both fun sites.

Tell me what you are doing film wise, if you would. And thank you for the welcome here.

Robert

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, Rob.:whip: Glad to know I've been entertaining and my work is appreciated. At the moment, I've just finished a documentary on the Red Cross Blood Service and I'm about to work on a Graduate film called "Cursing Macbeth", an Independent called "Unseen" and a paid job on a documentary on my university's Open Day. And I'll be entering a competition called "the Write Stuff", where an aspiring filmmaker like myself can write a script (which is copyrighted) and submit to the competition. They are judged and a few are chosen by professional filmmakers, who then with you make the film of your script. And on top of that, I turn eighteen in less than 2 months.

Robert Stephens

Violet Indy said:
Thanks, Rob.:whip: Glad to know I've been entertaining and my work is appreciated. At the moment, I've just finished a documentary on the Red Cross Blood Service and I'm about to work on a Graduate film called "Cursing Macbeth", an Independent called "Unseen" and a paid job on a documentary on my university's Open Day. And I'll be entering a competition called "the Write Stuff", where an aspiring filmmaker like myself can write a script (which is copyrighted) and submit to the competition. They are judged and a few are chosen by professional filmmakers, who then with you make the film of your script. And on top of that, I turn eighteen in less than 2 months.

Whoa, Very very busy at your age. Fantastic. Will you pursue your film career there or here in the US?

What is your end goal for vocation? Or rather, what area of the movie industry are you interested in making as a vocation--long term?

Great post, btw.

Robert

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'd rather be in the US, than Australia. Australia doesn't really have a film industry. I'm actually looking to move overseas. US, England or Europe. I'm actually going to LA and Las Vegas in September with the family, for a holiday and to see what the US is like. I want to be in the screenwriter/producer/director area. I could also do production design and visual effects as I have experience in both and have qualifications in the visual effects area, but it's not my main interest.