Son of a............

Hawkeye

Nurhachi1991 said:
and guess what no one can get them............

Actually, they did release 350 pair at the event. They're reportedly selling on eBay for 1,000 bucks.

Nurhachi1991

Hawkeye said:
Actually, they did release 350 pair at the event. They're reportedly selling on eBay for 1,000 bucks.

Yeah I know there are 350 but Like everyone else I cant afford 1,000+ on ebay for a pair of shoes this is so much bs Nike should of released way more.

Now if they'd only make one of these to go with:

Hoverboard.png

Michael24

I'm surprised Nike never marketed replica shoes back in 1989 when the movie first came out. Sure, it wouldn't have the power laces (likely never will), but still, it would have been cool. So now they should do that either next year for BTT2's 20th anniversary(!!) or in seven years in 2015. :)

Mattel should do the same for a Hoverboard replica. Even if it's just a standard skateboard, recreate the design. I'd just remove the wheels and stand up in my room as a prop, since I've yet to get ahold of one of the replicas I see floating around online.

EDIT: On a related note, Nike's website lets you customize your own shoes. In 2006 I spent $100 to get a customized pair of Bruins that look very close to Marty's 1985 Nikes for my McFly costume. (y)

Nurhachi1991

Michael24 said:
I'm surprised Nike never marketed replica shoes back in 1989 when the movie first came out. Sure, it wouldn't have the power laces (likely never will), but still, it would have been cool. So now they should do that either next year for BTT2's 20th anniversary(!!) or in seven years in 2015. :)

Mattel should do the same for a Hoverboard replica. Even if it's just a standard skateboard, recreate the design. I'd just remove the wheels and stand up in my room as a prop, since I've yet to get ahold of one of the replicas I see floating around online.

EDIT: On a related note, Nike's website lets you customize your own shoes. In 2006 I spent $100 to get a customized pair of Bruins that look very close to Marty's 1985 Nikes for my McFly costume. (y)

Hmm I wonder if I could replicate this design!

Michael24

Nah, I doubt you could recreate the 2015 Nikes through their customization process, but Marty's 1985 Nikes are pretty easy once you locate the correct base shoe. I'd link to the appropriate page if I could, but their site is Flash-based, so you just have to go there and make your way through the site on your own until you find all the right places. :)

Nurhachi1991

Yeah I tried it nope I got the colors somewhat right but they dont do High tops........... The sad thing is if I had the money I would buy the shoes in an instant I would not even hesitate! I wanted those shoes ever since I first saw BTTF 2 I own the hat Marty and Marty jr. wore you know the one that changes color. I wish they would make the jet drying jacket to lol

Forbidden Eye

Meh, I don't need futuristic shoes that can adjust to your foot size and don't require to tie.

But I'm first in line to by the world's first time-traveling DeLorean. I'll also settle for a hover-board.

No Ticket

Those are EXTREMELY cool and would be totally worth the $$$ IF:

1.) They actually looked LIKE they do in the movie and not "kind of" like they do.

2.) It actually had POWER LACES!! How hard could that technology possibly be to make? And for a limited edition shoe that costs upwards of $1,000 or more... those damn power laces oughta come standard.

If I was a rockstar I'd buy those in a second and wear them on-stage though! haha.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah but were never going to get power laces! Well not for awhile anyway so these shoes look great to me! Maybe one day I will get them.

No Ticket

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah but were never going to get power laces! Well not for awhile anyway so these shoes look great to me! Maybe one day I will get them.

They even glow in the dark....... :(