San Diego Comic-Con 2008

Adam McDaniel

Are any Indyfans going to Comic-Con this year? I just booked my hotel for Thursday-Sunday; many rooms are already selling out!

It'd be cool to meet some of you, especially if there are to be any Indy-related gatherings.

Adam

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I seriously wish! No unfortunately. Don't have the money or time, though it would probably be the best Indyfan gathering. I will have to go for much smaller and less glamourous Supanova, the local Comic Con, in which mostly anime takes over because that's all kids my age like these days. They still don't give a crap about Indy, despite the trailer. They haven't even seen it, much less talk about it. I would love my costume to get recognised, but that isn't going to happen.

Michael24

I'm hoping I can go this year. I couldn't go last year because of money issues, and it could be the same this year. But I've already booked a hotel for four nights just incase I am able to go. (At the very least, I may try to go for at least one day, on whichever day has a Paramount/G.I. Joe panel. :D )

HistoryAddict

Countdown to ComiCon

We always take our vacation time and go every year (we even go down a day early), so we will be there! What Indy gatherings will be happening??? (It won't be at my hotel, as I am not staying near the Convention Center...)

Michael24

Things are not looking good for me this year. :(

I went in 2006 with a friend of mine, and we split the price for the hotel and the rental car, which made it affordable for us to go. But unfortunately he can't get back out to California this year (he now lives in New Jersey), so that really dropped my chances of being able to go. I'm still hoping for a miracle, though. :)

BuiltFordTough

San Diego Comic-Con

Hey guys,
I dk how many of you go to or know about Comic-Con (I'm guessing most of you do). They had a TON of Indy promotions last year. Anyway, I've recently started a discussion forum to make a sort of online Comic-Con to serve the same basic purpose as the convention itself: to make a place where movie and comic fans can come to the same place to get information about a variety of things.
I could always use a few Indy fans to keep the board up the date so please feel free to stop by!

http://comiccononline.com

Picture%201.png

Thanks,
BFT

Adam McDaniel

Comic-Con 2008

Are any of you going to this year's Comic-Con in San Diego?

If any of you Indyfans have a booth set up somewhere, and would be interested in featuring some of my artwork, please let me know. You can see samples at my site, www.adammcdaniel.com.

Thanks guys.

Adam

Adam McDaniel

Comic-Con

Artwork aside, if any of you Indyfans plan on being at Comic-Con next month, shoot me an IM... It'd be great to meet some of you.

As for me, I just don't know if I could handle dressing up in the full outfit, given that the temperature's usually 100 degrees... But anyway...

Michael24

It's not too bad inside if you're in costume since they have AC. I was in costume two of the years that I went and was kinda warm outside, but inside I was rather comfortable.

I was hoping I could go this year, but it's not gonna happen. I went in '04, '05, and '06 and had a blast. Hopefully I can return in 2009, though, and finally afford to stay all four days.

|ZiR|

Michael24 said:
It's not too bad inside if you're in costume since they have AC. I was in costume two of the years that I went and was kinda warm outside, but inside I was rather comfortable..

As what? Also, pics?

Sorcerer009

Question about Comic-Con International

If this question has been asked/answered then I apologize (still kinda new to the whole forum thing)...

...Has Hasbro given us any information regarding what they are going to be previewing for us at Comic Con this month?

I know someone said they would be showing us the Temple Of Doom wave of action figures (which is kinda moot now that pics were already posted a week ago)...but does anyone know if they are planning on previewing the next wave of action figures - Wave 5?

I know Toht and Marion (White Dress) are already confirmed...but it would be nice to preview Wave 5 (or maybe even Wave 6) just so we can know what's coming our way. I'm excited! (y)

Spalkomania

Hopefuly we will see at least one of them. They did preview the giant thuggee some time ago after all. Lets hope.(y)

I will be attending Wed-Fri and covering for throwmetheidol.com

We've been granted press access this year and I intend on uncovering all Indy news and posting each night when I return to the hotel.

So start counting down the days until more Indy-goodness! :)

Nurhachi1991

San Diego Comic Con 2008

Is anyone here going? Im hoping I get to go I want to nab that fertility idol,the gentle giant paperweight with the crystal skull and the Iron Man movie mighty mugg.

The Man

Nurhachi1991 said:
Is anyone here going? Im hoping I get to go I want to nab that fertility idol,the gentle giant paperweight with the crystal skull and the Iron Man movie mighty mugg.

Are the gang from 24 due there this year?

Nurhachi1991

Can I ask you a few questions than?

First off you register online so do they mail the tickets to you or what?

Second we would be going on Thursday which is the first day so would I still be able to buy the exclusives I want or will they not be made availbe till later in the week?

Thanks alot! If I;m there I will wear either my Crusade shirt or my Venom muscle shirt.

Michael24

I was hoping to go, but it was out of the question this year for money reasons. I went for the first time in 2004, then again in 2005 and 2006 and had an absolute blast! Especially in '06, since me and a friend went and turned the whole thing into a very fun road trip. Hopefully I can go back in 2008.

Nurhachi1991 said:
First off you register online so do they mail the tickets to you or what?
You have to pick up your entry badges at the convention center. If you register to attend all four days (an option that is now sold out), you can pick up your badge on Wednesday evening and also attended the special "Preview Night." (No special celebrities or panels, but you can walk the exhibit hall for a few hours and scope things out, as well as find some great half-off deals.) But if you're only registered for just one or two days, you can only pick up your badges the morning of those days. :)