ComicCon Hasbro Exclusive(s)

"Bellosh"

Okay...forgive me if someone has started a similar thread but I didn't see any...I just saw the story about the mystery Lego exclusive for the upcoming San Diego Comic Con...it also makes mention of a Mighty Muggs Fertility Idol exclusive to be available at Con...so what about Hasbro???? Last year their Star Wars exclusive was a McQuarrie Obi Wan Kenobi packed with a McQuarrie Yoda and included a 30th anniversary coin...it was even available on Hasbro's site and that's how I got mine...awesome all around and well worth the 14.99! So has anybody heard anything...rumor...speculation...map room mumbling????? And what would you guys like to see? Dreamin a little dream I guess I would say an exclusive Ox figure...we have to be getting one of these eventually right???? If not Ox, then Mac or another previousley unreleased character on a single card. What about a Sallah that doesn't have a towel around his head?

Arab Swordsman

Besides the LC and TOD stuff coming up in the next waves I think an Ox or Mac figure would be pretty cool. Actually, a Dovchenko in the green army fatuiges might be nicer. I would think it would be something related to KOTCS and hopefully if they do something it will be available on their website.

DetectiveFork

Arab Swordsman said:
Besides the LC and TOD stuff coming up in the next waves I think an Ox or Mac figure would be pretty cool. Actually, a Dovchenko in the green army fatuiges might be nicer. I would think it would be something related to KOTCS and hopefully if they do something it will be available on their website.

If they do it, I hope it's not some figure so in demand by fans that there just aren't enough of them to go around.

"Bellosh"

goog point...

...throwmetheidol...the muggs are so bizzare that I forget where they came from...just doesn't look like a Hasbro item...you're probably right...I guess the big deal will be the unveiling of the TOD figures...though i guess I'll be a bit surprised and a little disappointed to see the 3 3/4 line ignored in terms of con exclusives...I've said it many other times on these boards: hasbro better not assume that the masses are going to gobble Indiana Jones toys up for a solid 2-3 years by just putting anything out there, every once in a while without any special surprises or people like me will quickly go back to beain nearly-Star Wars exclusive in terms of collecting.

Billy Ray

I really hope that Hasbro doesn't do any con exclusives for the 3 3/4" line...they are always a pain in the butt to get a hold of and I hate stressing out over them.

iLUVINDY

Billy Ray said:
I really hope that Hasbro doesn't do any con exclusives for the 3 3/4" line...they are always a pain in the butt to get a hold of and I hate stressing out over them.

I agree, then you end up paying like 4 times the amount on EBAY(n)

fixer79

DetectiveFork said:
Anyone see that Lego is doing an Indy exclusive that comes in a mystery crate? I wanna know what it is!

You and me both, dude!

The only thing that's known about the SDCC set is that it contains 200 pieces... That doesn't say much of course, just that it's comparable to a $15 to $20 set...

I wish that I'd be a Temple of Doom set, of course, but I seriously doubt that that'll be the case...
LEGO announced too recently that no ToD sets were planned due to its dark nature and lack of recognizable vehicles :)confused:).

Time will tell, I guess...
How many nights o' sleep until it's July 23?...:rolleyes:

DetectiveFork

fixer79 said:
You and me both, dude!

The only thing that's known about the SDCC set is that it contains 200 pieces... That doesn't say much of course, just that it's comparable to a $15 to $20 set...

I wish that I'd be a Temple of Doom set, of course, but I seriously doubt that that'll be the case...
LEGO announced too recently that no ToD sets were planned due to its dark nature and lack of recognizable vehicles :)confused:).

Time will tell, I guess...
How many nights o' sleep until it's July 23?...:rolleyes:

Any idea of how people not going to SDCC can acquire the set? Other than eBay?

thelaw

fixer79 said:
I'm afraid there is no other way...
That's why I don't like exclusives.

Hasbro Toy Shop usually has the exclusives available during AND after the show. That's how I got Pimp Daddy Destro last year (I went to SDCC and couldn't get it, but got it the day AFTER the convention at HTS! Still upset about that one!) plus the 2007 and 2006 Star Wars exclusives were available LONG after the con. In fact, the Star Wars Shop Hasbro SDCC (whew!) exclusive was recently clearanced off the website from $25 to $10!