Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Dr. Gonzo

Kim Jong Il

list.jpg

Goonie

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jdug6yHJB40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not so ronery. He's got Gaddafi, Osama, and Saddam with him.:gun:

Le Saboteur

Goonie said:
Not so ronery...

And yet nobody feels like mentioning Vaclav Havel? Lame, good sirs, lame.

Vaclav Havel said:
The crisis of authority is one of the causes for all the atrocities that we are seeing in the world today. The post-Communist world presented a chance for new moral leaders, because at that time of transition in these countries there were no professional or career politicians. This gave intellectuals an opportunity to enter into politics, and, by entering, to introduce a new spirit into the political process. But gradually people were suppressed-the mill ground them down-and much of that opportunity was lost. There are certain leaders that one can respect, and I do certainly respect, leaders like the Dalai Lama. I appreciate the fact that, although very often they have no hope, not even a glimpse of success on the horizon, they are still ready to sacrifice their lives, to sacrifice their freedom. They are ready to assume responsibility for the world, or at least for the part of the world they live in. I have always respected these people and appreciated what they do. Courage in the public sphere means that one is to go against majority opinion (at the same time risking losing one?s position) in the name of the truth. And I have always strongly admired historic personalities who have been capable of doing exactly this.

Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight. You do not simply decide to become one. It is a long chain of steps and acts. And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening. You just know that you want to avoid any debt that would put a stain on your life. You don?t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist. With me the story was rather similar. It was only much later, while I was in prison, that I started reflecting on the process and why I had done what I had done. There must be some, call it ?transcendental,? source of energy that helps you overcome all these sacrifices. Now some people may disagree with this idea of a transcendental source, but I feel it. While I was in prison, I often thought about why a man decides to remain decent, a man of integrity, even in situations when he or she is on his own, when nobody knows your actions and thoughts-except you yourself. Even in these situations, a man can feel bad, can have a bad conscience, can feel remorse. Why is this? How is it possible? And my answer to this is that there must be another eye looking on-that it?s not just the people surrounding you that make the difference. I have no evidence of the existence of such an eye, but am drawing on the archetypal certainty of such an existence.

sttp_defender_v_havel.jpg

Stoo

Carol (Abramowitz) EPSTEIN

EPSTEIN, Carol (nee Abramowitz)
On Friday, December 17, 2011, surrounded by her loving family. Beloved wife of Jakob Epstein for sixty-five years. Devoted mother and mother-in-law of Bluma and Simon Rossdeutscher, Pauline and Jack Klein. Dear sister of Esther Szuchman, Renia Potezman, the late Joseph Abramowitz. Cherished Bubby of Lorne and Livnat Ziskinder, Arieh and Tamar (Feldman) Rossdeutscher, Eric and Estee (Fagen) Rossdeutscher; Dr. Jonathan Klein and fiancée Stephanie, Aaron Klein and fiancée Maria. Loving Great Bubby of Nitzan, Nadav and Roni Ziskinder. Predeceased by her parents and siblings who perished in the Holocaust. She will be fondly remembered by her nieces, nephews, family and friends. Special thanks to Drs. Issie Weissglas, David Zukor and Lawrence Rosenberg, and the nurses and staff of the eighth floor at the Montreal Jewish General Hospital for their care and compassion. Funeral service took place from Paperman & Sons on Sunday, December 19. Shiva at 5885 Cavendish Blvd., C.S.L. Contributions in her memory may be made to the "Carol Epstein Memorial Fund" c/o Canadian Magen David Adom for Israel, (514) 555-5555.

WilliamBoyd8

Cheetah, chimp from Tarzan films, dies

Condolences poured in to a Florida primate sanctuary Wednesday after the death of Cheetah, a chimpanzee who starred in the Tarzan movies during the 1930s.

"I grew up watching Tarzan and Cheetah from a boy," a man identifying himself as Thomas from England wrote on the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary's website. "God bless you Cheetah. Now you and Tarzan are together again."

The chimpanzee died Saturday after suffering kidney failure the week before, the sanctuary foundation said on the site. He was roughly 80 years old, Debbie Cobb, the sanctuary's outreach director, told CNN affiliate WFLA.

Cobb recalled Cheetah as an outgoing chimp who loved finger painting and watching football and who was soothed by Christian music, the station said.

Cheetah appeared in the Tarzan moves from 1932 through 1934, Cobb told WFLA. According to the website Tarzanmovieguide.com, "Tarzan the Ape Man" was released in 1932 and "Tarzan and his Mate" in 1934.

Both movies starred Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan. Weissmuller -- the first speaking Tarzan, according to the Internet Movie Database website -- died in 1984.

"Cheetah will remain forever remembered in history," wrote one man from Malta.

"This little man was almost human," an anonymous poster wrote. "Some of the antics he got up to used to make me laugh when I was in my teens many years ago. Thanks Cheetah for all the good times you had and made us all laugh. You will be a star that will be always remembered. I am in my 60s now and grew up with you."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/28/showbiz/obit-tarzan-cheetah/index.html

:(

Montana Smith

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Cheetah, chimp from Tarzan films, dies

Condolences poured in to a Florida primate sanctuary Wednesday after the death of Cheetah, a chimpanzee who starred in the Tarzan movies during the 1930s.

"I grew up watching Tarzan and Cheetah from a boy," a man identifying himself as Thomas from England wrote on the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary's website. "God bless you Cheetah. Now you and Tarzan are together again."

The chimpanzee died Saturday after suffering kidney failure the week before, the sanctuary foundation said on the site. He was roughly 80 years old, Debbie Cobb, the sanctuary's outreach director, told CNN affiliate WFLA.

Cobb recalled Cheetah as an outgoing chimp who loved finger painting and watching football and who was soothed by Christian music, the station said.

Cheetah appeared in the Tarzan moves from 1932 through 1934, Cobb told WFLA. According to the website Tarzanmovieguide.com, "Tarzan the Ape Man" was released in 1932 and "Tarzan and his Mate" in 1934.

Both movies starred Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan. Weissmuller -- the first speaking Tarzan, according to the Internet Movie Database website -- died in 1984.

"Cheetah will remain forever remembered in history," wrote one man from Malta.

"This little man was almost human," an anonymous poster wrote. "Some of the antics he got up to used to make me laugh when I was in my teens many years ago. Thanks Cheetah for all the good times you had and made us all laugh. You will be a star that will be always remembered. I am in my 60s now and grew up with you."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/28/showbiz/obit-tarzan-cheetah/index.html

:(

I call bullsh!t on the claim that Cheetah lived that long!

WilliamBoyd8

Apparently others have suspicions about Cheetah the chimp:

A Florida animal sanctuary says Cheetah, the chimpanzee sidekick in the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s, has died at 80.

But other accounts call that claim into question.

Debbie Cobb, outreach director at the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor, said Wednesday that her grandparents acquired Cheetah around 1960 from "Tarzan" star Johnny Weissmuller and that the chimp appeared in Tarzan films between 1932 and 1934. During that period, Weissmuller made "Tarzan the Ape Man" and "Tarzan and His Mate."

But Cobb offered no documentation, saying it was destroyed in a 1995 fire.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/cheetah-chimp-1930s-tarzan-flicks-dies-15243744

Will the real Cheetah please stand up!

:)

Israel Baker

And yet nobody feels like mentioning Israel Baker? Lame, vacuous posers, lame.

Israel Baker, renowned violinist, dies at 92

LOS ANGELES _ As concertmaster for the orchestra that recorded the soundtrack for the movie "Psycho," classical violinist Israel Baker helped create a piece of pop culture that is regarded as one of Hollywood's most terrifying. He led the piercing attack of the violins that accompanies the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock film's chilling shower scene.

He "was a renowned violinist and concertmaster in the Hollywood studio system" and was heard on dozens of movie scores, said Jon Burlingame, a film and music historian.

Yet Baker was also "one of the great violinists of the 20th century," classical music expert Jim Svejda said during a tribute on Los Angeles radio station KUSC-FM last week.

Baker died Dec. 25 at his Los Angeles home several days after having a stroke, said his daughter Hilary. He was 92.

The musician had "one of the most brilliantly facile techniques of any violinist of his time," Svejda said before playing a "benchmark recording" from Igor Stravinsky's L'Histoire du Soldat, conducted by the composer and featuring Baker.

He was "one of the most-sought-after violinists in the country," Keith Clark, then conductor of the Orange County Pacific Symphony, told the Los Angeles Times in 1981 when Baker was its concertmaster.

As his career largely unfolded in California, Baker earned a reputation as a chamber musician, orchestral leader and soloist. He had particular success with Arnold Schoenberg's Concerto and Phantasy and Alban Berg's Chamber Concerto, combining "stylistic acumen" with "Viennese Romantic tradition," according to the Grove online music reference.

Baker also served as second violinist to legendary violinist Jascha Heifetz in a series of chamber concerts launched in Los Angeles in 1961 by Heifetz and cellist Gregor Piatigorsky.

Born Feb. 11, 1919, in Chicago, Baker was the youngest of four children of immigrants from Russia. At 6, he debuted professionally in Chicago, his daughter said.

During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces as a roving violinist who played requests from hospitalized veterans in the United States.

With his first wife, Caroline, who died at 54 in 1974, he had three children. Besides his daughter Hilary, Baker is survived by his second wife, Imelda; daughters Merrill and Abby; and five grandchildren.

Hilary recalled sitting in Jack Benny's home as her father gave the entertainer a violin lesson. Baker's contributions to film scores spanned several decades and included "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" (1973) and "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (1984).

Onstage, he was known for a studied nonchalance that belied his seriousness as a musician. During a cello solo in Beethoven's Triple Concerto, the violinist once leaned over to concert pianist Julien Musafia and shared stock market tips

Horrible dresser...

Anthony David "Tony" Blankley (January 21, 1948 – January 7, 2012) was an English-American political analyst who gained fame as the press secretary for Newt Gingrich, the first Republican Speaker of the House in forty years, and as a regular panelist on The McLaughlin Group. He later became an Executive Vice President with Edelman public relations in Washington, D.C. He was a Visiting Senior Fellow in National-Security Communications at the Heritage Foundation, a weekly contributor to the nationally syndicated public radio program Left, Right & Center, the author of The West's Last Chance: Will We Win the Clash of Civilizations? and American Grit: What It Will Take to Survive and Win in the 21st Century, and a regular guest on various news programs.

He was a regular commentator for radio shows including The Diane Rehm Show, Left, Right & Center and The Steve Gill Show with a segment titled Fill In the Blanks. Earlier in his career, he was an editorial page editor for The Washington Times, a contributing editor and monthly columnist for George Magazine, and a regular panelist on The McLaughlin Group.

Blankley's political opinions were generally considered to fall within traditional conservatism, although he was labeled as a neo-conservative by some critics. He denied this label, claiming that his views are more comparable to a classic conservative, such as former U.S. President Ronald Reagan. His political career spanned several decades, and his most prominent position was a seven-year stint as House Speaker Newt Gingrich's press secretary.

Prior to his career on Capitol Hill, Blankley served President Reagan as a policy analyst and speechwriter, and was a staff writer for Congresswoman Bobbi Fiedler. Before coming to Washington, D.C., he spent 10 years as a prosecutor with the California Attorney General's office.

He was briefly a child actor, appearing, most notably, as Rod Steiger's son in The Harder They Fall (1955). The movie was, as Blankley liked to joke, both his and his co-star Humphrey Bogart's last movie. He graduated from UCLA and Loyola Law School (Los Angeles), earning a J.D. He was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1972.

Blankley continued to write for The Washington Times. He lectured at many universities and institutes. On November 19, 2009, he presented his lecture A Year out from the 2010 Congressional Elections – National Politics, Policy and their Communication at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics of Saint Anselm College.

Blankley died in Washington, D.C. of stomach cancer on January 7, 2012 at Sibley Memorial Hospital, aged 63

Nice segment at 22:30

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/abNc1s6ursI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TONY BLANKLEY: It's not a coincidence that the United States, Canada, India, Australia, New Zealand, all of the countries that were part of the British empire --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Have you heard of George III?

MR. BLANKLEY: -- end up as great democracies. And I don't remember all the great democracies created by the former empires of Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain or Russia.

Last edited:
Pale Horse said:
At Last, Etta James

Sad.

The song in particular was everything nostalgic and romantic about my parents youth.

Before six boys (...and friggin hippies) robbed them of it!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_1uunRdQ61M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beyonce WISHES

Lets see if you can guess what Website ran this mindnumbing "Headline":

RIP Singer Whitney Houston, who started in the 80s and had a voice that was glorious as any of the treasures #indianajones sought after.