Going to Las Vegas. Please advise!!

JimmyPSHayes

I'm going to Las Vegas from July 4th-8th. My wife's sister is getting married. The wedding is on the 7th, so we have plenty of time to sightsee and get into trouble. I used to go to Las Vegas about 3 times a month with my parents, but hat was 20 years ago when I was 13 and I'm sure it's a whole different place now. Can anyone recommend someplace to go? I'm not really into gambling. Although isn't there a Raiders slot machine somewhere? The only thing I plan on doing is visiting at least one Gentleman's Club.:hat:

jtobin13

slots

not sure what hotel raiders slot is in but manadalay bay has a wave pool and aquarium!!!
john

ps ill by in Pv mexico may 22-25!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
My advice from experience. Don't eat at Denny's there. See the Venetian, coz that's the best of all. Your wife would probably enjoy Phantom, if she likes theatre and tons of special effects, like I am. There's also a really good Italian restaurant at Venetian called the Canaletto. That's authetic Italian restaurant. The man who owns the place is from Venice and they make the real calzone and actually serve the real Gelato too. The gondolas are popular there too and actually quite enjoyable.

Btw, considering your Indyfandom, visit Planet Hollywood at Ceasar's Palace. They have HF's jacket from the Raven bar scene and the Snake Surprise from the feast scene in the upstairs part. And do see the Treasure Island show they have outside. I never got to see it, because there was too much wind while we were staying. The MGM Grand is real nice too and Luxor also has a replica of King Tut's tomb museum, that Mum went to and that was pretty good. Madalay Bay is also quite beautiful too. They rest are pretty much as tacky as they come. I don't know too much about the nightlife, because I was on a family holiday and I had only just turned 18 at the time.

The RAIDERS machines were located at the MGM Grand when my wife and I last visited. Can't miss them - huge INDIANA JONES logo above a row of the machines on the far left wall (assuming you come in the front doors off Las Vegas Blvd.

vlt_header.JPG

Have fun!

Dr.Sartorius

I stayed at the Sahara last time I went to Vegas (about a month and a half ago).

I recommend seeing the Beatles' Love show at the Mirage but you have to get advanced tickets.