Battle: LA

JRJENNINGS86

As a Marine i found myself proud of this movie. The way the Marines were portrayed was perfect. for the movie itself, i loved it. I like how it was filmed with a documentry feel to it. the realisim and suspense was top knotch. I have no complaints about this movie. I liked the Aliens too. I am glad they director went with a human quality to them. By that i mean how they fight, move, use tactics and cover, and even show fear.

Overall a great War movie, that just happens to have a few aliens in it.:gun:

InVader

I saw this last night. I enjoyed the movie, but I wish the camera had been a bit steadier. Even when it wasn't during an attack the camera was all over the place.

JRJENNINGS86

when i watched the special features, the director said he wanted the filming to feel more real, kind of like a documentary film instead of another sci-fi movie.

Montana Smith

I just watched the knockoff Battle of Los Angeles (or at least most if it in fast forward). Didn't realize there was a knockoff, until the film began and the terrible acting, dialogue and special effects made themselves apparent. Luckily it was only a quid at the boot sale.

I wondered why the back cover stated "NOT Battle: Los Angeles" in small print.

Avoid the cheap imitation at all costs!

Nurhachi1991

I thought this movie was a joke... it seemed like a 2 hour over budget ad to join the marines. Not saying there is anything at all with military service just not what i wanted to see in the film. I saw it in theaters because there were aliens and LA

I was very disapointed

kongisking

I saw the film in theaters, and was very pleased. Well acted, great action scenes, and for once a sci-fi military film that portrays soldiers honorably and realistically. And goodness, was I happy that the aliens were portrayed as having freakin' tactics and strategies, not just being mindless slaughterers...

Oh, and Harvey De-I mean, Aaron Eckhart-was particularly excellent. :cool:

TheMutt92

I liked it. One aspect in particular (whether it was intentional or not) was that most of the cliche characters disappear by the time of the finale (for the most part). Kind of refreshing.

Nurhachi1991 said:
I thought this movie was a joke... it seemed like a 2 hour over budget ad to join the marines. Not saying there is anything at all with military service just not what i wanted to see in the film. I saw it in theaters because there were aliens and LA.

Not gonna lie, if there was a military recruiter outside of this (or any Michael Bay film for that matter) I'd probably enlist. Although that would probably be banned after a while cause the ratio of enlisting to dropping out would most likely increase.

JRJENNINGS86

Nurhachi1991 said:
I thought this movie was a joke... it seemed like a 2 hour over budget ad to join the marines. Not saying there is anything at all with military service just not what i wanted to see in the film. I saw it in theaters because there were aliens and LA

I was very disapointed

i can see how you would feel this way. you are not the first person i have heard say that. in my own mind i thought "Man! i wanna go back to the Marines all over again!"

the movie did make me proud of the Marines. many people have this image of us as being huge bulks of muscle kicking down doors and eating small children out of their cribs. the movie captured what Marines are really like, young men and women, fresh out of highschool. older men who are worn from combat and just want to live free. the movie showed all of that, to include the honor We have, the thoughts We are burdened with, and the desire for rest We all want one day.

Pale Horse

Staff member
With all due respect to the men and women of the Corps, and their service

This movie had the emotional and developmental arc of a horizontal q-tip.

phantom train

Saw Battle of Los Angeles a while back on DVD, and thought it was excellent. Amazing film with great story & effects. The aliens looked great & the acting scenes were very well-done. The film had a vibe along the lines of '97's Starship Troopers, but at the same time was unique (I'm still not sure which film I like better).