Important Scenes taken from the Mummy Returns and Scorpion King.

PloKoon

I think I've posted it once before, but I'm sure it got lost in that single thread I posted it inside of next to hundreds of other posts.

There are two major scenes in Indy IV that come almost directly from The Mummy Returns and Scorpion King: The pyramid vortex scene at the end and of course the ants scene.

In the Mummy Returns, at the end, we see our heroes escaping from a collapsing Pyramid, when they get outside of the pyramid, a vortex is swallowing the Pyramid whole. Not only was this scene in Indy IV, but the way it was done was almost completely mirrored. We see various foliage such as palm trees, bushes, etc. Flying about the vortex, and for a minute I almost thought I was looking at the same movie, until the UFO of course.

In the Scorpion King, we see our Scorpion King stuck in a sand pit with only his head above the ground, next to him is another victim, besides the point. The guards light the ant hills on fire if I'm right to draw out the ants. They are some big damn ants too. Not only are they big, they're red, just like in Indy IV, or should I say, in Indy IV, it's just like Scorpion King.

While I love Indy IV, two of the main scenes were blatantly stolen from a competing franchise.

:whip:

SterankoII

Well, I don't know about the pyramid thing but a scene with ants has been around since "Saucer Men" script written by Jeb Stuart dated February 1995.

ChromiumBlue37

I don't have a problem with any of it. Indiana Jones is all that really matters. The Mummy movies are funny and original enough from the Indy universe.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
Mummy 3 will be a better film than Indy 4. Rick O'Connell is taking over where Indy failed to deliver.

Mummy 3= Epic Fail.
They even replaced Evelyn. That, in my opinion, is the cheesiest thing to do.

I don't even know the characters. I hated the other Mummy films but I'm actually looking forward to this one since Indy was a total failure. I'll be laughing my ass off when a poor-man's Indiana Jones knock-off shows the REAL Dr. Jones how to make a movie.

Darth Vile

Agent Spalko said:
Mummy 3 will be a better film than Indy 4. Rick O'Connell is taking over where Indy failed to deliver.

As I said in an earlier post... I think The Mummy 3 will out spectacle KOTCS (you can tell that simply by the wall to wall CGI and tongue in cheek tone of the trailers). So many a KOTCS detractor (like your good self) should be happy with it... and that's not meant as a criticism... just an observation. If Rick is your new Indy, then cool.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
I don't even know the characters. I hated the other Mummy films but I'm actually looking forward to this one since Indy was a total failure. I'll be laughing my ass off when a poor-man's Indiana Jones knock-off shows the REAL Dr. Jones how to make a movie.

I love how you make up your mind about a movie before even seeing it in theatres.

Sam Falco

Look on the bright side, guys, maybe she'll leave this board and go join a Mummy message board. Then we wont have to deal with her crap anymore.

It won't take much to make a better film than KOTCS. Even the wall-to-wall CGI will be better than aliens, monkeys and gophers.

Darth Vile

I think some KOTCS detractors, no matter how they may try and debate quality of acting, dialogue and direction... just wanted more wall to wall action and scope from KOTCS. I'm sure The Mummy 3 will deliver that in abundance (but I'd obviously argue without the depth and originality). But hey... they get a chance to enjoy a period adventure movie.

MaxPhactor23

Wait a second?the Mummy franchise was competing with Indiana Jones? Since when? Pssh! That?s wishful thinking on the part of Mummy fans. Indiana Jones is in a completely different league. He's already won! The Mummy films have all been sub par at best. They?re Hollywood at it?s worst. If you want good Mummy films, you watch Boris Karloff. You don?t watch the Brendan Frasier CGI crapfests. Comparing them to Indiana Jones is?insulting. Comparing them to Crystal Skull is fairly accurate however. It was definitely done more in the same Hollywood childish and dim-witted vain.

Raiders90

MaxPhactor23 said:
Wait a second?the Mummy franchise was competing with Indiana Jones? Since when? Pssh! That?s wishful thinking on the part of Mummy fans. Indiana Jones is in a completely different league. He's already won! The Mummy films have all been sub par at best. They?re Hollywood at it?s worst. If you want good Mummy films, you watch Boris Karloff. You don?t watch the Brendan Frasier CGI crapfests. Comparing them to Indiana Jones is?insulting. Comparing them to Crystal Skull is fairly accurate however. It was definitely done more in the same Hollywood childish and dim-witted vain.

Crystal Skull may have had it's weak points, but having Harrison Ford return as Indy puts Brendan Frasier to shame any day, right? I think we both know who the better actor is.
And I agree with you by the way, except for your comments about CS.

Crusade>Raiders

Well, Indiana Jones >>>>>>>>>> Any of the characters in the Mummy series. Hell Kingdom had a better sidekick, better villain, better humor, better CGI(The Mummy has some of the worst CGI EVER in a Hollywood film IMO), better action set pieces...and the Mummy Returns was one of the worst popcorn films it has ever been my displeasure to see. That said, I actually kinda liked the first Mummy(my mom LOOOOVES it for some reason, but she also loves Chronicles of Riddick and The Scorpion King so...), and I'm looking forward to Mummy 3 in the basic spectacle terms that Darth Vile inspired for it.

Jones_Happens

On the subject of Indy 4 vs. The Mummy 3...let me just say this:

Brendan Frasier vs. Harrison Ford

That's all I have to say about that.