Happy Easter everyone!

The Drifter

indianajonespic.png

DocWhiskey

Happy Easter!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QjJCIbC9sxA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QjJCIbC9sxA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

|ZiR|

Killer pic, (not so) Lonesome. :gun:

Happy Easter everyone. Go out and eat your weight in Cadbury Creme Eggs--which were totally bigger a few years ago, btw.

Makes me wish I were a kid. The rabbit doesn't leave baskets for grownups.

The Magic Rat

|ZiR| said:
Killer pic, (not so) Lonesome. :gun:

Happy Easter everyone. Go out and eat your weight in Cadbury Creme Eggs--which were totally bigger a few years ago, btw.

Makes me wish I were a kid. The rabbit doesn't leave baskets for grownups.

That's a shame. My parents still do, God bless them. Childhood never has to end in some ways! :)

Happy Easter, all!

Agent Crab

I loved Easter as a kid. Chocolate, Peeps, Egg hunts and getting a good haul from a rabbit that brings you cavity inducing treats.

The Man

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsnmn47E4g0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsnmn47E4g0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Nurhachi1991

It's not Easter yet but I hope everyone on this forum has a wonderful Easter. I'm going out right now to buy some peeps (y)

snoopyeaster.gif

Indyologist

Oops. Sorry-- Didn't know there already was an Easter thread! Mom got me a chocolate cross from a candy shop along with some jelly beans. I guess if your folks don't give you Easter baskets anymore, you just have to make your own! Hope you all had a happy one!

Sea Monarch

Happy Easter/Resurrection Sunday! Hope my fellow Ravennites are having a great and blessed day!! In reflection on this day, thought I'd ask three questions:
1) For those who celebrate, what traditions do you and/or your family like to do to commemorate Easter?
2) Anybody doing any Indy related activities on this holiday?
3) What is your favorite Easter Egg feature (so far) on a movie/dvd/blu-ray. Please list Name of movie, description of egg, and how/where to find it.

Sea Monarch

Sea Monarch said:
Happy Easter/Resurrection Sunday! Hope my fellow Ravennites are having a great and blessed day!! In reflection on this day, thought I'd ask three questions:
1) For those who celebrate, what traditions do you and/or your family like to do to commemorate Easter?
2) Anybody doing any Indy related activities on this holiday?
3) What is your favorite Easter Egg feature (so far) on a movie/dvd/blu-ray. Please list Name of movie, description of egg, and how/where to find it.

I knew some people would be too busy celebrating while some others perhaps don't do much for Easter. Still I figured someone might eventually weigh in.
I know the holiday came and went, but I thought it would still be fun to hear how people celebrate, nonetheless. Guess I'll get the proverbial Chacopoyan Boulder rolling on this one.

In answer to my own questions, starting with the first one: In my family, its become a recent tradition that we all gather together in Grandmothers backyard and start a big bonfire, then we each dress up in giant bunny, bird costumes, etc. and re-enact the famous bee scene from the Wicker Man. I got to play the part of Nic Cage, this year, YAY!! Next year, I'm hoping that I AM THE WALRUS, "GOOB, GOOB, GAJOOB"!!
Nah, I kid! That would all be weird, not to mention creepy!

Actually my Family and I usually catch a great church service, then either have a fantastic meal at home, or go out. Also, we watch my nieces and nephews do their Easter Egg hunt. This Year that was the case except that at church this year we performed a series of dramatic vignettes showcasing the Last Supper, the trial and crucifixion of Jesus and celebration of His subsequent Ressurection. I played a Disciple, Pontious Pilate, and later a Roman Centurion. It turned out beautifully.

My niece and nephew that live in town just recently outgrew Easter Egg hunts so we skipped that and went to a newer Steakhouse we hadn't tried before. Food was amazing! I planned to catch the new Kevin Reynolds movie "Risen" at the theater with a friend, but was tired from all the rehearsals and general lack of sleep, so I napped that afternoon.

Other than service and food, Family and I will usually play games together and/or watch movies.
Though I was too wiped out to catch the movie Risen, I plan to see it later in the week. I've seen it before and thought it was Fantastic! (y) Some of my friends haven't seen it yet, but are wanting to, so we plan to catch it soon.

Speaking of Easter movies, etc, earlier in the week on Wed, i did have the pleasure of watching the Cecil B. Demille classic, "The Ten Commandments" on the big screen at our local cineplex, as part of the Turner Classic Movies presentation. It was great seeing it on the big screen, as was meant to be seen. I think I caught it in theaters once before, when they first re-mastered it.

Seeing it to this day, I still can't help, but remember an old Billy Crystal routine wher he says how great the movie was, but makes fun of the casting choices of Yul Brenner, and Edward G. Robinson in their reslective roles, particularly E Robinson, whom he exaggerates to hilarious effect, his tendency to revert back to previous, smarmy, gangster type roles! If you have a way to see it that comedy bit, check it out. It's very funny!

I once had the pleasure of seeing William Wyler's cinematic masterpiece Ben-Hur on the biggest screen in our city (at that time) in an old glamorous Hollywood Movie House complete with ornate Decor, outdoor ticket booth and Balcony seating! What an Awesome way to experience this cinematic gem! This was the same theater where I caught Temple of Doom it's first weekend in '84, and the premiere of Last Crusade in '89! (y) Can't imagine ever topping the original, but interested in/anticipating the rendition of Ben-Hur that Is rumored to be released this Summer!

Regarding mixing Indy with Easter, when I have kids someday, I can see myself having an Indy themed Egg/Treasure hunt for them!

As for my favorite DVD "Easter Eggs", I'm sure there are many I own that have yet to be discovered, but a few favs that come to mind are:
-Big Trouble in Little China (don't remember exactly what the Egg is, or where, but only that I like it). I think it may have been the Theme song music video
-The Fog (noticing a trend here?) On one of the menu pages if you side-scroll to the image of the spectre, it's eyes light up. Press select, and it plays a brief but entertaining montage of behind the scenes footage and some joking around while filming the movie.
-UHF - On one of the menu pages modeled after the Indiana Jones spoof in the movie, if you side-scroll to one of the signs, (if I remember correctly), it will light up. Press select, and I believe you are treated to/attacked by the Weird Al Music Video for the movie's title theme song, "UHF"!
I notice many earlier MGM DVD titles tend to have some of the best Easter Eggs!

Another tradition for Easter/Christmas, I may have to start is watching the (So bad, it's Good) feature by Rifftrax, "Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny"! Seen it in theaters last Christmas and it was hilariously awful! And it works for Easter too.

That was my Easter. How was yours?

Btw, one last thing. Is it just me, or are Starburst Jelly Beans, the greatest on the planet? Even better than Jelly Belly. Just saying...

Last edited: