July 1st is Indy Day!!!!!

00Kevin

Indyfan
Indy day is right around the corner!

keeping up with the tradition (of 1 year :D), July 1st (the fictional day that indy was born) is Indy day!

Last year's indy day was really fun! hopfully this year will be as good!

Things to do on The Raven on Indy day:
-Indy's Birthday Party: A special 'indy B-day party' adventure RPG
-for those of you who don't do the adventures, they will be a post for just saying happy birthday and so on....
-all the games that you expect....what we have ...things to be bumped
-Grail water to some of the best discussion threads ever put out.
-Polls
-great discussions

also, if you dare leave the computer, be sure to:
-watch all the indy films (and Mystery of the Blues bookends if ya got 'em)
-Play Indy games...expecially ET
-Wear your indy gear
-go around the house cracking your whip
-play indy music full blast!!!!
-Read Indy Books
-Read Indy Comics

well, I'm afraid I may be too busy to join you guys, but I will try! :D

If I can't, I ask that Pale horse, Attila and Ren take care of setting everything up ;)

Well, I gatta go.....

update:

00Kevin will probubly return July 20th instead of August 11th, I'll keep you informed

be excellent.....

(and beware of Finns and Ameera, they are often in a grumpy mood)

Indyologist

Re: Re: July 1st is Indy Day!!!!!

Renderking Fisk said:
Let me start right now by asking all of you to make plans, shut off your computer... and go out and actually DO something worthy of it being "Jones's Birthday".

Do something worth writing about when you come back. Take pictures and we'll help post them.

Good idea. The RPG last year wasn't all that great. Indy walked in the Raven, disappeared with a bottle of scotch and then we didn't see him anymore. At least, I didn't.

Some Indy-eque suggestions:

* Face a fear head-on -- do something you were always afraid to do.
* Be a hero to someone-- volunteer for a charity (and wear your fedora while doing it)
* Visit a museum and learn something!
* Hug a veteran--- after all, Indy was a vet too!
* Go on a trip
* Look something up that you're curious about
* Use at least 3 Indy quotes that day in keeping with the situation. EG-- you're stuck doing dishes. Say "dishes, why'd it have to be dishes?"
* Spend some of the day with someone of a different nationality than your own
* Help someone in need-- see volunteering
* Introduce a child/children to Indy
* Rent a travel video about a certain place.
* As suggested before-- watch the movies, read the books, wear the hat, crack your whips (be careful, though, will ya?)
* Rescue someone, ANYONE!!
* Get some exercise by doing something athletic and outdoorsy. Go hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, horseback riding-- and post your pics.
* Post your idea here!

Finn

Staff member
Re: Re: Re: July 1st is Indy Day!!!!!

Indyologist said:
* Face a fear head-on -- do something you were always afraid to do.
Add: something that keeps in the limits of <i>sane</i>. So don't go body-stopping trucks to the freeway or try to teach a bunch of Neo-Nazis that there could be better ideologies.

Indyologist said:
* Visit a museum and learn something!
The entrance fees have gone up again.

Indyologist said:
* Hug a veteran--- after all, Indy was a vet too!
Filthy pest! From <i>me</i> you're not going to lift a wallet!

Indyologist said:
* Look something up that you're curious about
How does Indyologist look naked? Hmm... peeping time.

Indyologist said:
* Use at least 3 Indy quotes that day in keeping with the situation. EG-- you're stuck doing dishes. Say "dishes, why'd it have to be dishes?"
"Hahahahaaa... sonofabitch!" Remember to make sure that jerk's not going to find you afterwards.

Indyologist said:
* Introduce a child/children to Indy
Now that mommy is busy... I'd like to introduce you to a certain funny man who likes to play with whips and leather. Oh, I'm sure he likes kids very much...

Indyologist said:
* Rescue someone, ANYONE!!
Go ahead, punk... make my day.

Indyologist said:
* Post your idea here!
Do like Indy would do and use your own brain... you're not supposed to do <i>all</i> the things in the list.

Finn

Staff member
Ren, you see... I'm not going to have any kind of Indy day on July the 1st. Check the calendar and you will notice that for me it's the ultimate <i>Finn</i> Day.

Canyon

Wahoo!!! Indy day is fast approaching.

Better get that recipe for a cake once more!

Ladies, I think us droollers should also do some extra things to celebrate Indy's birthday.

* Get all of the girls together to watch the movies, and we can drool as a whole group :D
* Get a picture of Indy with one of his girlfriends and superimpose your face onto hers ;)
* Post as many yummerific pictures of Indy as you can find in the Indy drooling thread :p
* Dress as Marion/Willie/Elsa and hope that you meet your own Indy! ;)
* Make Indy wallpapers with pictures just of Indy's chest. Mmmm. :eek:
* Write an Indy love poem :rolleyes:

Okay, I think the guys probably wanna kill me now... :dead:

Indyologist

Re: Re: Re: Re: July 1st is Indy Day!!!!!

Finn said:
Add: something that keeps in the limits of <i>sane</i>. So don't go body-stopping trucks to the freeway or try to teach a bunch of Neo-Nazis that there could be better ideologies.

NO Kiddin!!

The entrance fees have gone up again.

And so has the cost of cigarettes, bucko. Guess which is healthier for you?

Filthy pest! From <i>me</i> you're not going to lift a wallet!

I meant someone you KNOW who's a vet, melonhead! Nyuk, nyuk!

How does Indyologist look naked? Hmm... peeping time.

Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

Now that mommy is busy... I'd like to introduce you to a certain funny man who likes to play with whips and leather. Oh, I'm sure he likes kids very much...

Hilarious!

Do like Indy would do and use your own brain... you're not supposed to do <i>all</i> the things in the list.

Amen to that!! To do everything on this list, you'd have to be Superman, not Indiana Jones! You have some, uh, creative ideas Finn. Twisted mental state, but some great ideas.

Indyologist

Canyon said:
Wahoo!!! Indy day is fast approaching.

* Dress as Marion/Willie/Elsa and hope that you meet your own Indy! ;)
Okay, I think the guys probably wanna kill me now... :dead:

To give your outfit that "I've been to hell and back with Indy on an adventure look", be sure to:

1. Tear your dress/outfit in strategic places
2. Bear your cleavage, any cleavage, for the guys
3. Roll in the dirt
4. Get a perfect manicure. Now, open a drawer and put just the tips of your nails just beneath it. Slam the drawer shut.
5. Develop a tolerance to snakes, rats or bugs by having a friend dump a bucket containing them on you.
6. Try to look lovely and act like a lady through it all.
7. Practice screaming.
8. Either jump from a plane or bungee jump because sister, you're gonna fall from some dizzying height at least once.
9. Think of your own here.

LASTCRUSADER

I had not thought about this earlier but Indy's birthday is the same day as Canada day. Guess I get to celebrate my Nation's birthday as well as my favorite film character. I'm looking forward to that whiskey.

Johan

Let's see Indy will be exactly 115 years old so... that would make him officially older than the oldest living person (114). We gotta CElebrate.

Canyon

IndyJohan said:
Let's see Indy will be exactly 115 years old so... that would make him officially older than the oldest living person (114). We gotta CElebrate.

Um, Indy will be 105 as he was born in 1899. ;)

Canyon

Luckylighter said:
I'm going to go to a bar and get punched in the face by a sexy broad!

Sorry Lighter, I'm not available right now AND I resent being referred to as a 'broad'! :D

Finn

Staff member
Luckylighter said:
I'm going to go to a bar and get punched in the face by a sexy broad!
Not a bad idea. I think I even know someone who would do it with all pleasure...

Luckylighter

Canyon said:
Sorry Lighter, I'm not available right now AND I resent being referred to as a 'broad'! :D

Sure, you say that now. But just wait till I submit my photos for the contest, then we'll see what you'll let me get away with calling you. :D

Just kidding, Canyon. You know I have nothing but respect for you and all the females on this board, Finn included. ;)

Seriously though, I wrote that in the spirit of Indy, who's probably uttered that word on more than one occasion.

I

Indy_Jones88

Luckylighter said:
Just kidding, Canyon. You know I have nothing but respect for you and all the females on this board, Finn included. ;)

I see finn with a look on his face like the 1 in his avatar (really ticked). lol :D

Finn

Staff member
Luckylighter said:
Now, lemme read this right... you want me to punch you, man? ;)