Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sequel_trilogy

2016? Any guesses? Many expect a young Han Solo, Lando and Chewbacca (recruited by Yoda if the fan theory holds up). If so, why not bookends with Harrison Ford, or an epilogue that concludes the story, a search for Billie Dee Williams and some MacGuffin he possesses. Since we're speculating about the scope of Ford's deal with Disney.

There's also the faintest suspicion in my mind this project is Indy 5 in disguise...

kongisking

I want a film about Vader in between Episodes III-IV, hunting down Jedi and transitioning fully into the badass evil figure he was in the old films. That's a film I'd pay triple to see.

Montana Smith

Moedred said:
There's also the faintest suspicion in my mind this project is Indy 5 in disguise...

Though there was talk about doing several stand-alone Star Wars films to be released between the new trilogy episodes.

A Boba Fett centred story was touted.

AndyLGR

I thought a boba fett film and a young han solo film were being talked about. I wonder what the chances of the same actor playing Han playing Indy in a reboot?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Wow. Big Stretch there Disney/Lucasfilm. I mean we almost know the whole back story as it is, with Attack of the Clones. Jango and Boba ...

... what's left? Boba's all sad now that Daddy's dead. So he takes to a life of a scamp mercilessly killing for money and meeting the Huts on Tatooine?

Pardon my french, but that's Disney tiredly following the money, not story. If this is any indication of how the mouse will handle other franchises, and stories...

I'm out.

(I'd rather see the Darth Maul backstory, instead of Boba)
It’s kill or be killed in the space penitentiary that houses the galaxy’s worst criminals, where convicts face off in gladiatorial combat while an underworld gambling empire reaps the profits of the illicit blood sport. But the newest contender in this savage arena, as demonic to behold as he is deadly to challenge, is fighting for more than just survival. His do-or-die mission, for the dark masters he serves, is to capture the ultimate weapon: an object that will enable the Sith to conquer the galaxy.

Lance Quazar

Dr. Gonzo said:
Confirmed, Lawrence Kasdan has written the Boba Fett standalone film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...e-the-inquisitor-and-rose-parade/#more-209487

I would hardly this one "confirmed." It's a rumor started by an animation guy who has no real connection to Star Wars.

Sure, it's entirely possible that it's true and that he really DOES have a super secret source.

But, so far, without it coming from a true source and without any corroboration, we have to keep this in the "unsubstantiated" column for now.

Dr. Gonzo

Lance Quazar said:
I would hardly this one "confirmed." It's a rumor started by an animation guy who has no real connection to Star Wars.

Sure, it's entirely possible that it's true and that he really DOES have a super secret source.

But, so far, without it coming from a true source and without any corroboration, we have to keep this in the "unsubstantiated" column for now.

I hear some things too from time to time... and this links up with some of the rumblings I've been hearing down the pipeline. I usually wait for anyone else within reason to publicly make a statement before I fully believe it myself. This is very close to the chatter I heard. So I'll go with it. (Unless we were all duped by some JJ ABRAMS style misinformation. :dead: )

please don't quote me... still just conjecture
There is a second part of this "rumor" that I'm waiting to see pan out. It could potentially be interesting if handled correctly.

Pale Horse said:
Wow. Big Stretch there Disney/Lucasfilm. I mean we almost know the whole back story as it is, with Attack of the Clones. Jango and Boba ...

... what's left? Boba's all sad now that Daddy's dead. So he takes to a life of a scamp mercilessly killing for money and meeting the Huts on Tatooine

I try and stay as credible as I can here... nobody likes to make themselves seem foolish... but for once I'll just lay it on the line or go out on a dangerous limb (if it turns out untrue I'll hang my head in shame. but some of my friends are pretty close to batting a thousand with their info. I hope they don't make me eat my words)

At first we were hearing it was two spinoff films, one for Han Solo and one for Boba Fett. Lately the talk I'm hearing is much more indicative of: Kasdan wrote a Han Solo/Boba Fett film... as in one film about their conflict.

Like I said if this turns out to be the case then the handling of the film will be the tipping point... all depends on how its executed

please don't quote me... still conjecture

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Dr. Gonzo said:
I hear some things too from time to time... and this links up with some of the rumblings I've been hearing down the pipeline. I usually wait for anyone else within reason to publicly make a statement before I fully believe it myself. This is very close to the chatter I heard. So I'll go with it. (Unless we were all duped by some JJ ABRAMS style misinformation. :dead: )

please don't quote me... still just conjecture
There is a second part of this "rumor" that I'm waiting to see pan out. It could potentially be interesting if handled correctly.

It's an extremely plausible rumor that lines up perfectly with what everyone basically assumed would happen and what one of the most obvious paths would be.

And I'm sure at this point along in the development, there have been plenty of opportunities for leaks to travel up and down the grapevine.

I just chafe against the word, "confirmed" when all we have heard is a rumor from one guy who is in no way involved in the production citing yet another conveniently "anonymous source".

I save that word for things that are actually, you know, confirmed. As in officially announced and verified.

Not trying to tear anyone down, but despite its plausibility and, in fact, its probability, I still consider it a rumor.

Lance Quazar

I do wonder - assuming all this is true - whether they would use Temura Morrison again or not.

Surely they could make him look young enough with makeup and CGI enhancements if necessary.

I dug his Jango performance, he was almost as good as Jamie Foxx.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
At first we were hearing it was two spinoff films, one for Han Solo and one for Boba Fett. Lately the talk I'm hearing is much more indicative of: Kasdan wrote a Han Solo/Boba Fett film... as in one film about their conflict.

Like I said if this turns out to be the case then the handling of the film will be the tipping point... all depends on how its executed

please don't quote me... still conjecture

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : Today at 11:42 AM. Reason: covering my ass... is Dr. Gonzo enough anonymity?

To answer the last question, no. (I anagramed I AM DR GONZO and got: Razing Doom) But if the spoiler turns truer than falser, that's mildly promising. Besides, as you and I know, you can have a perfect film perfectly written documented and ready, and then along comes an editor and a reshoot and all of your well sourced stuff becomes the stuff of Myth and Legend

Lance Quazar said:
I dug his Jango performance, he was almost as good as Jamie Foxx.

chuckle, I see what you did there. "I like the way you die boy"....

AndyLGR

Gonzo if that spoiler turns out to be true I think it sounds promising. I wonder if they'll throw in Han getting the falcon off Landon too.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Lance Quazar said:
There should totally be a crossover!

"The D is silent."

"What 'D'?"

Quentin Tarantino's wet dream. A Western Revenge Space Opera, using aliens with Big Feet.

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
Quentin Tarantino's wet dream. A Western Revenge Space Opera, using aliens with Big Feet.

bwahahaha!

tumblr_lyofeymTVk1rnhuhmo1_500_large.gif

Walecs

Gee, I'm so tired of Disney, they're just ruining the Star Wars brand.
People keep saying Lucas ruined it, but since Lucas created it, he had full right to do whatever he wished to do. Disney don't.
kongisking said:
I want a film about Vader in between Episodes III-IV, hunting down Jedi and transitioning fully into the badass evil figure he was in the old films. That's a film I'd pay triple to see.

THIS.

Montana Smith

Walecs said:
Gee, I'm so tired of Disney, they're just ruining the Star Wars brand.
People keep saying Lucas ruined it, but since Lucas created it, he had full right to do whatever he wished to do. Disney don't.

If Disney own it they can do whatever they like with it.

Can't get much worse than Lucas' tinkering and re-inventing.

It certainly can't get much worse than the live action Ewok Adventures.

Or can it?

Walecs said:

That. (y)

You're not in the Vader thread on Sideshow Freaks at the moment are you?

There's a very similar theme going on.