Adventurebilt wait time

Adventurer73

How long is the wait time for an adventurebilt hat? I've been waiting for 13 months. When I first contacted them, they said no more than six months to a year. Now, they won't even return my e-mails.

eazybox

Adventurer73 said:
How long is the wait time for an adventurebilt hat? I've been waiting for 13 months. When I first contacted them, they said no more than six months to a year. Now, they won't even return my e-mails.

If you've already been waiting 13 months, you should be getting pretty close, perhaps within a month or so, but please fon't take this as gospel. If it goes much longer than that there may have been a mix-up, and they suggest sending them an email marked URGENT. I think you can also request a refund at any point if you prefer. I hope this helps.

Jack

IndyAJA77

I ordered mine in Oct. of 2007, so that's 18 months. I still have yet to receive mine. But, I had thought it could take this long, based I what I had read way back when (probably around when I ordered the hat).

eazybox

I guess I was lucky, I ordered mine in early June '06 and received it in early May '07, just in time for the CS opening.

Steve Delk has said that he is hardly selling any hats now because of the recession, so the wait times should begin to shorten as his workload decreases.

Jack

eazybox

IndyAJA77 said:
Lucky you. I guess I ordered at the peak of the frenzy.

Well, it was more like a lucky guess. I was reading Steve's posts on COW and he said he had some very exciting news he was going to announce soon, so I just put 2 and 2 together. Then apparently the costume designer got upset and the news that AB was making Ford's hats was hushed up as much as possible until just before the movie's release.

Anyway, it's a great hat and well worth waiting for, but I know the wait hurts as I have had to wait a long time for some items myself. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you now. ;)

Jack

eazybox

eazybox said:
I guess I was lucky, I ordered mine in early June '06 and received it in early May '07, just in time for the CS opening.

Steve Delk has said that he is hardly selling any hats now because of the recession, so the wait times should begin to shorten as his workload decreases.

Jack

Not that it's too important, but I got the dates confused in my post, and it's too late to edit it directly. I actually ordered my AB on June 6 of '07, and received it on May 3 of '08, just before CS came out.

Jack

eazybox

One of AB's customers has said that Steve Delk told him he is now working on September through November of 2007 orders.

Jack

IndyAJA77

eazybox said:
One of AB's customers has said that Steve Delk told him he is now working on September through November of 2007 orders.

Jack

If that is the case, then I should be right in the middle of the bunch (ordered in Oct. 2007). So, this is encouraging news.

IndyAJA77

I did e-mail Steve on Friday, but I didn't put "URGENT" in the memo. I really didn't feel comfortable e-mailing him for an update, because I'm aware of the wait-times, but I thought I'd just make sure as it has been 18 months.

penman hats

At this point everyone and their mother puts in urgent in the title. I would send him another e-mail with 18 month and still waiting or something like that.