TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 07-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #51
JimmyPSHayes
IndyFan

A playset would be awesome. I was out looking at toys today and realized that Hasbro has done comic 2-packs for both GI Joe and Star Wars. I personally would LOVE to see Indiana Jones comic 2-packs as well. From both Dark Horse AND the Marvel comic.
JimmyPSHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #52
tnswman
IndyFan

I really thought about that too. That is a GREAT way to bring out some of the more minor characters to the toy isles. I think we will see it. I really do. They would be foolish not to. What better way to bring Indy more villians?
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #53
iwantchocolate
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
Hopefully the Indy figures will be 3 3/4 & sculpted by the SW sculptors.
I hope they'll be 6 inch
iwantchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:49 AM   #54
Gobi-1
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
there was a Playset for both the Gi Joe line and revenge of the Sith. The gi Joe playset was a Cobra Mountain. something that size for Indy is all we need

I had forgotton about the Revenge of the Sith playset. They actually used the old molds from the M.A.S.K. gas station mountian playset for it.
Gobi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #55
tnswman
IndyFan

yeap...If they gave us a temple playset in hat size, I would be very happy. I can not tell you how nice an updated well of souls would be though.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #56
Shortie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantchocolate
I hope they'll be 6 inch
No, they need to be like the old Kenner figures.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #57
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

The figures should be in the 3.75" scale. The same as Star Wars. Not 6 damn inches! Hasbro has gotten HIGHLY superb at the sculpting, likenesses and high articulation of the current SW action figure line. The aforementioned being it's geared more toward the collectors.
I'm hoping the line also includes the various media Indy has been in including the films. The comics, video games, books. I'd like a figure of Sophia Hapgood. Hell, for each figure they should use the subtitle font for the name of the character. Except of course for Dr. Jones himself. Perhaps have the figures broken up in "waves"?
There should also of course be the mandatory troop builder aspect. Nazi's, Thugees, and many other worthwhile ones. And for vehicles, I'm assuming the ones based on WWII which are in the same scale from other toylines should suffice. Unless Hasbro is going to do a one over and give us vehicles with absolutely astounding details. Of course there'll be the undamaged and damaged variants and the like.
Only problem is the space to put all of these.
Montana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #58
the_three_bears
IndyFan

I think Hasbro must make 3 3/4" figures but I am pretty sure a piece on www.indianajones.com hinted at something else.
I have heard people saying that if Hasbro revisit the first three films (this is a cert for me) then they should copy the original photos from the 1982 Kenner line for the card backs but after waiting 25 years for a new proper line should they make them look exactly the same? Not for me.
I would prefer they made them to the same scale with new style packaging. The vintage line is THE vintage line and should be left as the legend it is.
I am also looking forward to the Lego stuff. They have came a long way and after seeing the Indy figure I was very impressed. It is also great they will be out as soon as January.
the_three_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #59
IndySeven
IndyFan

I agree. They should be 3.75 inches. The 6 inch figures were only good with the TOD line, nothing else. The figures could also be 4 inches, or even 4.5 inches, like the Disney figures, but they definitely can't be 6 inches!
IndySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #60
mfisher
IndyFan

I too hope they go with the standard 3 3/4" line... my main reasoning for this is the ease of producing vehicles... I'd love to see a revisit of the old German truck from the Raiders Chase scene... a German staff car to fill up with Toht, Belloq and some krauts would be cool too Regardless, I am just excited at the idea that Indy toys will be available period... lets just hope that Sideshow makes some 12" figures from the movies !!
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote