Tomb Raider: The Games

kongisking

Darn, Gear Guardian. You beat me to it! I was gonna do an Indy VS Croft thread eventually. Buuuuut...you did take some time off my hands, so thanks!

My verdict: Indy meets Croft, Indy struck dumb with love, Croft seduces Indy, the two yippe-kay-ay with each other, Croft tries to knife Indy's groin, Indy slaps her and chokes her with his whip, Croft whacks him in the groin and quickly pulls out a gun and shoots the living tar out of Indy. Sorry, guys. Croft is just way too good when it comes to weapons, fighting skills, and seductive hot-as-hell looks.

Finn

Staff member
This thread starts to remind a limbo contest more and more...

Oh well. Continue.

Gear

Im just saying that there are a lot of cute girls in the world and we should celabrate them here at the raven. :) Ya know Finn, you should start a "Cute girls forum". :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
gear guardian said:
Im just saying that there are a lot of cute girls in the world and we should celabrate them here at the raven. :) Ya know Finn, you should start a "Cute girls forum". :hat:

Really, should we? Why? I'm sure all the ladies who do post here would love to be celebrated for precisely their cuteness.

Finn

Staff member
There's a section called "Open Discussion". If you feel like starting a thread celebrating cuteness, go on ahead.

Gear

Nah, I think I'll just wip out my fire crackers, confete and banners and celebrate it at my place. Dont worry though, I'll probably bring this subject up later. ;)

Vendetta08

There's nothing to debate about, Lara Croft doesn't hold a candle to Indy. Heck, in the video games, she practically is Indy as a woman set in current time. Croft is a rip off of Indiana Jones in just about every way possible, even down to the profession, she's just less imaginative. The first Tomb Raider movie is an abomination to the adventure genre, but at least Jolie is easy on the eyes.

Niteshade007

Between Indy and Tomb Raider (whatever her name is) Indy would win. Between Harrison Ford and Angelina Jolie, Jolie would win. She just looks like a bad@$$. Plus I think I'd be cheering for her, she's gorgeous!

Fish1941

gear guardian said:
Oh totally! Indy would simply wip her gun out of her hand and then wip her around the neck and yank her toward him and throw his fist in her face! Even if it was hand to hand combat, Lora knows like marsial arts or somthing but Indys killed people with the same talent and worse. Indys just too good.

I doubt that very much. Granted, the Lara Croft movies are harmless crap, I suspect that Indy would have great difficulty in "defeating" Lara. Frankly, I think the chances are slightly in her favor. And by the way, Lara has also killed people.

DiscoLad

These games are both very good in there own ways...TR= Good Graphics for the times and the smokin' hot girl...IJ= Cool lookin'-Nazi-beatin'-whip crackin' guy- But they both have there flaws, like Tomb Raider is slow and Indy is Not the best graphics game out there... What do you guys think..?

The Tingler

As if you have to ask!

The only time TR and Indy have gone up against each other (figuratively) was in 1999 with Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.

Infernal Machine was superior.

All the Indy games differ wildly whereas Lara Croft has stayed the same since the first Tomb Raider. While they are fun games (except for Angel of Darkness) they are also extremely irritating.

Finn

Staff member
The Tingler said:
Infernal Machine was superior.
As an Indyfan, I agree.

As an objective game reviewer, I call it a tie. Indy had better level design and story, yet the game mechanics were a little "stiff" compared to TR4 that played rather fluid.

My personal preference too is IM, but I wouldn't say it's "superior".

The Tingler

This is a general gamer talking. I got a few levels into The Last Revelation and got both pissed off and bored at the same time - something I've never managed before or since.

The neverending Egypt setting gets tedious, the storyline was boring, the controls were the same as always - impossible to predict (Indy's controls may be stiff, but at least they allow some degree of accuracy with jumps), and both character and camera had minds of their own.

Nah, Infernal Machine all the way.