Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Montana Smith

The first one was okay. As much as I like Nick Cage as an actor, I had a hard time seeing him as Johnny Blaze. I'd expected a younger actor to take the role, but it looks as though Nick is going back in again.

In any case the Ghost Rider is a great comic book character, if only for the visual concept of the flaming skull, leather jacket and mean motorcycle. :cool:

Captain Craig

I'm very curious about this movie. The first one had it's flaws but those were, imo, with how they chose to characterize Johnny Blaze. At the end of that movie he seemed to have an understanding of his purpose so the silly elements I didn't like might be gone 5yrs later. I understand that is also going to be a loose timeline for the movie itself.

They are also going to tweak the origin story a bit and introduce Zarathos into the movie lore. I'm sure that is necessary for the specifics of the story they are going to tell. Not to mention having a young Danny Ketch in the movie.

Principal Photography has wrapped and I'm eager for that first trailer, maybe with THOR? But at the latest with Captain America I'd think?

Indy Scout 117

Captain Craig said:
They are also going to tweak the origin story a bit and introduce Zarathos into the movie lore. I'm sure that is necessary for the specifics of the story they are going to tell. Not to mention having a young Danny Ketch in the movie.
where'd you hear this? i'd like to know :D

Captain Craig

Indy Scout 117 said:
Captain Craig said:
Where'd you hear this? i'd like to know :D
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. Been MIA for a bit.

Nic Cage soundbite back from Feb when Drive Angry opened and a GR2 questions was asked.
"There's an exorcism scene I just did where Johnny Blaze is being exorcized," says Cage, "And then I also play Ghost Rider, who's the spirit of Zarathos, who's a corrupted angel. So it's like completely different entities. The movie is not like anything I've done before."

Here is the Danny Ketch part. Not sure which you wanted to know about.
and in the bottom photo, we get to see our first look at the young actor playing Danny Ketch, son of Ciaran Hinds' The Devil, in the movie
Also, after seeing Idris Elba as Heimdall in THOR I can't wait to see what he brings to GR2. Hopefully he'll have as good of material to work with!!

Indy Scout 117

new pics from the new movie!!! more are on Marvel.com

2012_ghost_rider_spirit_of_vengeance_001.jpg

Le Saboteur

For your viewing pleasure.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ebCawfEnSWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Indy Scout 117

Le Saboteur said:
For your viewing pleasure.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ebCawfEnSWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
WOW!!!!!!!! looks awesome!!! for those Rider fans out there, was that Blackout i saw?? (y)

kongisking

Huh. Looks cheesy as all hell (no pun intended, unlike in that horribly corny intro by the directors), but there are definitely some insanely badass action shots in this. I especially like how Bonehead actually looks like he's got ash covering his skull and jacket.

And there's just something fundamentally badass about using a chain as a whip. :whip:

I hope this turns out to be an insane guilty pleasure. And FYI, I enjoyed Ghost Rider 1 as a goofy, campy take on the character, but the guy really deserves a hardcore R-rated carnage-filled flick, which this looks like it may be. I'll wait for reviews before seeing it.

But yeah, the **** joke seems like it could either go very wrong or very right...

Indy Scout 117

kongisking said:
But yeah, the **** joke seems like it could either go very wrong or very right...
yeah that part kinda killed it for me, but, being a die hard Rider fan, i am going to see it and i do think its going to be amazing, but that one scene with the peeing was kinda dumb....:rolleyes: but i think this one'll be so much better then the first, although it was the first movie that got me into Ghost Rider in the first place (y)

Nurhachi1991

So let me get this straight.... They replaced Thomas Jane when that crappy new punisher movie came out...

But they pick one of the worst actors in Hollywood to reprise his role....

Forbidden Eye

Nurhachi1991 said:
So let me get this straight.... They replaced Thomas Jane when that crappy new punisher movie came out...

But they pick one of the worst actors in Hollywood to reprise his role....

Nicolas Cage is a very talented actor. He just frequently chooses uninteresting scripts.

Forbidden Eye

WillKill4Food said:
Adaptation, Raising Arizona, and... any other good films?

Kickass doesn't count; I liked it despite his acting.

Wild at Heart, Leaving Las Vegas(which he won an Oscar for), Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call-New Orleans

Nurhachi1991

Nick Cage is as bad as Michael Cera.... He plays the same character in every movie

only with Nick it's an emotionless robot... He shows no excitment,no fear, no sense of remorse.... no anything its like he's a zombie

Oh well I guess when your uncles Francis Coppola you can get whatever you want

Indy Scout 117

ok so i have indeed confirmed that the dude with the long white hair that showed up for only a second in the trailer is Blackout. found it out on IMDb!! (y) should be pretty epic

Captain Craig

This movie is closing in on it's release date.
While I achknowledge the flaws in the first film it's still just enjoyable enough for me to have wanted a sequel. Now it's coming in 3 weeks!!

While I have a mixed reaction to the directors other films Crank 1&2 it does seem their zany style may just deliver a really cool looking film. Cause lets face it the plot only need be deep enough to move us semi-logically to the next cool visual/action sequence. For this type movie/character anyway at this point in his cinematic career.

I do think some deeper stories could be told but I know not to expect that at this point.