The Descent (possible spoilers)

KiKi Kat

I watched this movie last night cause I heard it was a really good movie. It started out ok but then got kinda borin.
It did have a part here and a part there that was kinda cool. But the thing that kinda confused me was the endin. I didn't get the endin. If you have seen the movie could you please explain what it was suppose to mean. The only thing I could figure is she knew she was about to die because she was seein her dead daughter. Thanks!

She didn't get out-- she lost her mind...

It is a really good film; one of the better pieces of horror of the last decade. Stylish, sure, but also genuinely atmospheric and claustrophobic.

KiKi Kat

ResidentAlien said:
She didn't get out-- she lost her mind...

It is a really good film; one of the better pieces of horror of the last decade. Stylish, sure, but also genuinely atmospheric and claustrophobic.

Ok, I feel kinda stupid now. That hadn't even crossed my mind. But it makes absolute perfect sense. I liked the movie but middle way into the movie is what kinda bored me. I did like it toward the end when she found out about her hubby and Juno. My hubby said they made her too bad ass but like I told him don't mess with a woman who's been scorned. :D

AndyLGR

I thought the Descent was very creepy. Its a perfect setting for a claustrophobic horror with little chance of escape. But yeah as already mentioned she doesnt get out, which is what you see at the end when she wakes up in the cave. Thats unless the US version was different to the UK version that is.

Its made by the same guys that did Dog Soldiers, which is an interesting take on the werewolf story.

InexorableTash

The European cut is better. After the "eek!" in the vehicle, she wakes up still in the cave and can hear them closing in, and realizes that getting out is hopeless. Then she *really* loses it.

Delightful movie.

PS: the cake is a lie

KiKi Kat

PS: the cake is a lie

the_cake_is_a_lie_portal.jpg

Portal reference?

I heard they had a part 2 of Descent comin out or already out not sure which.

Montana Smith

I watched this last night, and loved it. Loved it so much I watched it twice more to hear both commentaries.

It was intensely claustrophobic and the acting was of that top-notch naturalistic kind that British actors excel in (without big Hollywood budgets there's more emphasis on character and dialogue).

Prior to seeing this I saw The Cavern, which had a similar premise, but was much inferior, apart from an equal sense of claustrophobia and helplessness.

I noticed an odd similarity, which I don't know was intentional. In The Cavern the two cars crashed when they came to a halt (and the sound was removed to avoid the problem of the characters not mentioning the event). In The Descent it looks like the cars will also crash, and one character remarks, "Nice parking."