As Above, So Below

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I admit, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, about 32,000 year old French cave paintings, bored me to tears. There was a time before it's 1994 discovery when a coffee table book would have sufficed.

But here's a found footage horror flick made in the actual Paris catacombs about the Philosopher's Stone, which as Stoo reminds us, Indy sought in 3 different 1995 publications. Once in my travels I considered entering a collapsed section of the Roman catacombs, and am glad I didn't... without a flashlight. Haven't seen this yet.

Edit: here's a great article about modern Paris underground activities.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's currently on Netflix, this film with the unsearchable title entirely made of adverbs. It's quite scary so I've only seen the first act. The Urban eXperiment guy speaks the only dead language the tomb raiding girl doesn't, and they have a scene borrowed from National Treasure. No complaints, the puzzles are surprisingly well thought out for dialogue that could have been mostly improvisational.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. It might be nice to have on in the background. The purpose of the 2010 documentary was to take new 3D cameras where few people are allowed, even in the walls are mostly 2D.

Z dweller

Caught "As above, so below" on Netflix a few days ago.
I enjoyed the beginning, then found myself mercilessly fast forwarding through the last act.

Despite countless Indy references (opening teaser, handwritten diary left by the main character's father who spent his entire life looking for the macguffin, various riddles etc), ultimately this is a movie which isn't entirely sure what it wants to be.

It starts as a treasure hunt, turns into a supernatural thriller and finally morphs into a cheapo slasher flick.

Overall a bit of a missed opportunity, but to its credit the feisty lady who leads the expedition is indeed very pretty.

Perdita-Weeks-photos-Bio-Net-worth-Height-Boyfriend-Body-Affair-Married-Ethnicity.jpg

Last edited: