Propstore Auction

emtiem

Just a heads up to anyone in the London area: if you'd like see Indy's original hat (from Temple) and Last Crusade whip, along with other treasures like the snake surprise centrepiece or the Banquet Beetle, along with other movie treasures like the hover board, Terminator & Superman costumes, Rocketeer helmet, lightsabers, Han Solo's jacket etc. They're all on show for free amoungst other amazing props at the BFI IMAX at Waterloo as part of the Prop Store auction. Well worth a look.

axelan

The second picture of the hat and the picture of him wearing a hat doesn't look like the same hat. It's strange they put that picture next to the hat.

eazybox

emtiem said:
Some pics: and apparently it's a Raiders hat...?
Wonderful photos. Yes, it is often referred to as the "Cairo" hat, and was the hat most frequently worn by Ford in RAIDERS.

Jack

emtiem

There's a few other Indy things available (including the Raiders revolver!); I just saw the beautiful little matte painting test for the Crusade 'Path of God' and that's something I'd love to have!

But it's the hat I'd want... it's really still recognisably the Raiders hat...

Also, if you look at my first photo you might spot a bronze helmet in the background which I suspect many Indy fans would rather love to have too...

ThrowMeTheWhip

axelan said:
The second picture of the hat and the picture of him wearing a hat doesn't look like the same hat. It's strange they put that picture next to the hat.

They?re not the same hat. The picture is from Temple of Doom.

emtiem

You'll be pleased to see they've put another photo of Harrison wearing the same hat next to it! The signed photo from Temple is there because it's another lot in the auction.

IMG_5713.jpg

(That's Han Solo's jacket behind it!)

axelan

I'd settle for a medium nice house instead with a hat from walmart. Does the money from the purchase at least go to a good cause?

eazybox

axelan said:
I'd settle for a medium nice house instead with a hat from walmart. Does the money from the purchase at least go to a good cause?
I don't know, and my 2 cents, for what it's worth after taxes and inflation-- It used to be fun collecting original movie props, but the wealthy investors have ruined the hobby for the true fans, who collect out of love and not greed. A few years down the road, this hat probably will turn up in another auction and sell for $1,000,000. That's just the way it is now, and all we can do is watch from the sidelines and gape at the increasingly outrageous selling prices.

Jack

TheFedora

eazybox said:
The hat sold for $521,000.

Jack
It belongs in a museum!

Yeah its true, by and large the collectors with deep pockets have kind of ruined prop collecting that way, I agree.

emtiem

That's £320,000. His Raiders revolver and the Crusade whip didn't sell though; maybe next time!

How much did Han Solo's jacket go for?

axelan

eazybox said:
Solo's jacket did not sell because the reserve was not met.

Jack

That makes things even worse because they make it so you HAVE to be ultra wealthy to buy this stuff rather than just get market value.

eazybox

axelan said:
That makes things even worse because they make it so you HAVE to be ultra wealthy to buy this stuff rather than just get market value.
Yes, and when you wipe away all the mystique that surrounds this stuff, it's just an old, beaten up jacket, which makes it seem even more ridiculous. If it were possible to hold an auction in which people above a certain level of income are excluded from bidding, things could get really interesting for true fans, but, of course, that will never happen.

Jack