Using quotes from the trilogy in real life

Webley

When my wife asks me if I can go mow the lawn or wash up some dishes all say...
"Maybe but not to day.":whip:

The next time some one stops you for directions tell them...
"Sajnu will guide you.":p

So do you guys use quotes from the Indy movies in real life?

IndyBuff

I use them sometimes and they work great in everyday situations. Lately I'm finding myself using the phrase "I think we've got a big problem" quite a bit.:)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The one I use the most when coming up with shooting schedules and treatments...
"I don't know. I'm just making this up as I go."

hovitos

I know a lot of people who pull out 'He chose....poorly' on regular basis.

I like to use 'Too bad you don't speak Hovitos' and once pulled a rope out of reach of a friend stuck below while caving, taunting 'Throw me the idol!'.

Gustav

I like to say "I should have sent it to the Marx Brothers" a lot even when it doesn't really make sense. I also say "look what you did! I can't believe what you did!" and "oh, ****" a lot.

indifan101

I like using the two word quote from ToD when something goes wrong with homework or the vacum breaks or the lawnmower stops running! "This is serious!":rolleyes:

Doc Savage

Being a pastor, I always though "That's just what te Hebrews thought," would be readily available. Still looking for an opportunity.

roundshort

Doc Savage said:
Being a pastor, I always though "That's just what te Hebrews thought," would be readily available. Still looking for an opportunity.

That is why you should read Lamb!

I have always been a huge fan of

"SONUVA*****!"

" (insert anything), Why did it have to be (insert anything)" Liek a dinner, "Merlot, why did it have to be Merlot!"
but my all time favortie, which while I worked in restaurants, I was able to use to great effect

"I am not entirely comfortable with this Jewish ritual"
(we did a few Passover dinners and Rosh-HASH-Honna events

and who could forget
"More Beans Mr. Taggert"

opps wrong movie

indifan101

indifan101 said:
I like using the three word quote from ToD when something goes wrong with homework or the vacum breaks or the lawnmower stops running! "This is serious!":rolleyes:

*three:eek: My bad!

Gustav

At work a few nights ago we were very slow and when we're slow I get restless and when I get restless I usually do something that irks the boss. I saw that the paper towel dispenser on the wall only had the cardboard tube left on it so I grabbed that and set it on fire. My boss told me to put it out but I ran outside instead. My boss didn't care so I just walked around behind the store holding the thing like a torch and I saw some graffiti on the wall that said ROBOTS. I hate robots so I said "Robots, why did it have to be robots?"

Pale Horse

Staff member
In my profession, I am sure I could always use: "We have top men working on it now..." What a great way to tell someone, it's none of your damn business.

In fact, the next time one of you uses the "Report this post to the moderators" link, I just may respond back in kind.
biggrin.gif

roundshort

Were gonna need a bigger boat

I know it isn't Indy, but that pops up a lot and of course my number one most quoted line fro a movie

"Talk to me Goose!"

EvilDevo

"dont know... ill think of something"

at least once a week the opportunity comes up so i use that one a lot

roundshort

not fromt he movie but the ride at DisneyLand,

"Tourists, why did it have to be tourists!"

(I live in a tourist town)

DiscoLad

"Fortune and Glory, Kid...Fortune and Glory" When my cousin asked me why I kept playing "Monster Maddness: Battle for Suburbia"...

michael

Usually when someone does/picks something wrong, I say "You chose, poorly." People usually get it.