And Then I Woke Up...

The Man

From a dream in which Lawrence Kasdan and The Coens collaborated on the optimum, synthesized screenplay. The former has history with Lucasfilm, Indy - and Ford most recently. The latter have a working relationship with Spielberg (True Grit, Bridge Of Spies), they're consummate conjurers of sublime ideas, mastering several genres (so why adventure?), the dialogue would be impeccable, they have a love and encyclopedic fervour of film almost unmatched, apart, perhaps, from Scorsese, and BOS is rooted in the topicality of late post-WWII American history.

Discuss, dismiss, or dream along...

Dr.Sartorius

The Man Awakens said:
From a dream in which Lawrence Kasdan and The Coens collaborated on the optimum, synthesized screenplay. The former has history with Lucasfilm, Indy - and Ford most recently. The latter have a working relationship with Spielberg (True Grit, Bridge Of Spies), they're consummate conjurers of sublime ideas, mastering several genres (so why adventure?), the dialogue would be impeccable, they have a love and encyclopedic fervour of film almost unmatched, apart, perhaps, from Scorsese, and BOS is rooted in the topicality of late post-WWII American history.

Discuss, dismiss, or dream along...

Better than David Koepp.

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Reminds me much of THIS

Touche. My old account could not be reopened, despite my endeavours, so I created another. Any objections? Can the original one be revived through moderator magic..? :)

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Man Awakens said:
Touche. My old account could not be reopened, despite my endeavours, so I created another. Any objections? Can the original one be revived through moderator magic..? :)

we're workin' on it...

Nice to have you back

Kingsley

The Man said:
From a dream in which Lawrence Kasdan and The Coens collaborated on the optimum, synthesized screenplay

They might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one ;)

Would be a great collaboration, without a doubt!

DoomsdayFAN

I'm pretty sour on Kasdan after the disaster that was SW Episode 7. But I don't know if he's more to blame, or Jar Jar Abrams. However a collaboration between him, Spielberg, and the Coens would be something I'd be willing to take a chance on.

How about all of them get in a room together and brainstorm, and the Coens do the heavy lifting (writing). Perhaps if they did that, Kasdan would be willing to work on it.

Face_Melt

DoomsdayFAN said:
I'm pretty sour on Kasdan after the disaster that was SW Episode 7. But I don't know if he's more to blame, or Jar Jar Abrams. However a collaboration between him, Spielberg, and the Coens would be something I'd be willing to take a chance on.

How about all of them get in a room together and brainstorm, and the Coens do the heavy lifting (writing). Perhaps if they did that, Kasdan would be willing to work on it.

Yeah The Force Awakens was SUCH a disaster. I mean critics ONLY rated it a 93% and audience ONLY rated it a 90%. You know how amazing that is? For a film to be so highly beloved by BOTH critics and fans? They literally could not have asked for more...and that's box office aside.

You can't please everybody, you simply can't. But The Force Awakens very clearly pleased the vast vast VAST majority of people.

DoomsdayFAN

Face_Palm said:
Yeah The Force Awakens was SUCH a disaster. I mean critics ONLY rated it a 93% and audience ONLY rated it a 90%. You know how amazing that is? For a film to be so highly beloved by BOTH critics and fans? They literally could not have asked for more...and that's box office aside.

You can't please everybody, you simply can't. But The Force Awakens very clearly pleased the vast vast VAST majority of people.

A vast majority of people love Transformers too, so what does that tell you? Who cares what critics think? If you like or dislike movies based on how many critics liked or disliked it, what does say about you? Critics' opinions are meaningless.

Episode 7 was terrible, I thought. If you liked that nonsense, good for you.

Face_Melt

DoomsdayFAN said:
A vast majority of people love Transformers too, so what does that tell you? Who cares what critics think? If you like or dislike movies based on how many critics liked or disliked it, what does say about you? Critics' opinions are meaningless.

Episode 7 was terrible, I thought. If you liked that nonsense, good for you.

Vast majority likes Transformers? I begged a differ. Every transformers film has been rated low by critics and audience...

Pale Horse

Staff member
UxRimwf.gif

FordFan

DoomsdayFAN said:

I feel really bad for you.