X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Joe Brody

Deadlock said:
. . .'Sides, I'm a Gwyneth Paltrow fan. ;) )

Oddly enough, roundshort is a Paltrow fan as well. As for me, I'll just say that I'm huge fan of Se7en, especially the end.

But back on Iron Man, I'm liking the reporter.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
Oddly enough, roundshort is a Paltrow fan as well. As for me, I'll just say that I'm huge fan of Se7en, especially the end.

Watcht he drift, Bordy, this is a Wolvie thread, start your own tin can thread!

I am tired of Wolvie, I think the 3 Xmen films did him in, but alas, I will it see when I need a popcorn and coca-cola fix!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
...As for me, I'll just say that I'm huge fan of Se7en, especially the end.

What's in the box?! ahem, 4 WORDS... is a favorite game of Jr. and mine as of late.

556040320_01.jpg

roundshort

Joe Brody said:

To be honest she is getting a bit old . . .now Kira . . .there is someone you can . . .

opps wrong thread

Paden

Am I the only one that sees some red flags going up with the announcement of so many secondary characters in this film? It makes me fear that this movie might be headed into the same muddled territory that other superhero flicks have stumbled into (i.e X-Men:The Last Stand, Spider-Man 3). The addition of too many additional characters and/or subplots can quickly turn a focused script into a tangled mess. It's not that I oppose seeing some of these characters translated to the screen (Deadpool is a long time favorite of mine). I just don't want a movie based on one character to degenerate into a vehicle for cameos.

And oddly enough, although Iron Man hasn't been a character I kept close tabs on in my younger years, I have to confess that the Iron Man movie has captured my interest more than the other upcoming superhero fare this year.

Joe Brody

-Jones- said:

Let's call a spade, a spade. This guy looks more like John Travolta walking down a Brooklyn avenue with two gallons of paint, than a killer. I've said it before and I'll say it again that guy is a dancing fool, not Wolverine. Curse L.A. Confidential for keeping Russell Crowe from doing another tough guy character.

. . . .and Paden, you missed out on Iron Man. In the late '70's/early '80's he had the whole high livin Playboy thing going on -- I'm talking chrome and smoked glass. There was equally sophisticated Batmans from this period, but I'm a Marvel guy all the way.

roundshort

Paden said:
Am I the only one that sees some red flags going up with the announcement of so many secondary characters in this film? It makes me fear that this movie might be headed into the same muddled territory that other superhero flicks have stumbled into (i.e X-Men:The Last Stand, Spider-Man 3). The addition of too many additional characters and/or subplots can quickly turn a focused script into a tangled mess. It's not that I oppose seeing some of these characters translated to the screen (Deadpool is a long time favorite of mine). I just don't want a movie based on one character to degenerate into a vehicle for cameos.

And oddly enough, although Iron Man hasn't been a character I kept close tabs on in my younger years, I have to confess that the Iron Man movie has captured my interest more than the other upcoming superhero fare this year.

PADENS BACK< ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, welcome back Paden, and let me be the first to say "well Said" (for you new members, Paden holds wisdom in the same league of Joe, Pale, and Dead!)

I have to agree with Joe, Wolvies "strut" made me think of Saturday Night Fever. He looks like he should be in San Fran's Castro district.

I have also been worried about the number of secondary characters, which will basically lead to a suck fest (think X-Men III ((which with all the used needles should have been called any beach on Long Island in the late 80's)) )

Iron, hopfully will rock, but, they have been know to mess up before, I am looking forward to Ed Norton as the Hulk though.