Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #51
Quickening
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana_Jones
I've been an Indiana Jones fan for over 20 years. Could be I also enjoy older films too, even as far back as the 1920's and even 1910's. So yes I deem KotCS worthy of my DVD collection.

Well even though I think KOTCS isn't worthy of the trilogy, I meant that if she was new to Indy and saw KOTCS she'd probably just dismiss the series and move on. But the fact that she's here actively voicing her dislike probably means she had more invested in it.

EDIT: nevermind I dont know why im having this conversation now
Quickening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #52
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickening
Well even though I think KOTCS isn't worthy of the trilogy, I meant that if she was new to Indy and saw KOTCS she'd probably just dismiss the series and move on. But the fact that she's here actively voicing her dislike probably means she had more invested in it.
And you're threadcrapping why? Discuss what you'd like to see for the DVD release.

I for one would like to see, which I know, how much time and effort went into making the sets. And of course a large discussion concerning what led up to the film for prior adventures.
It isn't worthy of the Trilogy only due to the fact it isn't like the previous films and they actually tried something new. Yes, shocking the filmmakers were also inspired from the films of the time. Question is, do you also watch older films or only newer ones? Yeah, the Trilogy took place in the mid-late 1930's whilst KotCS is in the 1950's. Voice your displeasure with the film in the Haters thread and leave that sh!t out of mine.

Also, an inspiration type featurette would also be nice.
Montana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #53
Quickening
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana_Jones
And you're threadcrapping why? Discuss what you'd like to see for the DVD release.

I for one would like to see, which I know, how much time and effort went into making the sets. And of course a large discussion concerning what led up to the film for prior adventures.
It isn't worthy of the Trilogy only due to the fact it isn't like the previous films and they actually tried something new. Yes, shocking the filmmakers were also inspired from the films of the time. Question is, do you also watch older films or only newer ones? Yeah, the Trilogy took place in the mid-late 1930's whilst KotCS is in the 1950's. Voice your displeasure with the film in the Haters thread and leave that sh!t out of mine.

I was just responding to your suggestion that she was a new fan which wouldn't be a logical conclusion. However I can see that you're one of the zealots who can't bear someone suggesting the film isn't gold so I'll leave it there without answering your ridiculous question.
Quickening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #54
replican't

I wanna watch it on Betamax
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #55
Agent Z
IndyFan

The basics:

OAR, anamorphic DTS 5.1 (although, these are givens)

Would be nice to also have:

7.1 DTS audio track

Isolated score audio track

Russian Translation Subtitles (Snowball's chance in Hell of seeing this)

I'm a commentary junkie, but is there any hope for one on Kingdom? I know Spielberg won't do one. I don't see Ford doing one. Lucas?

In terms of featurettes, I hope they include the IESB BTS featurettes. If they include those, I'll be set. Seriously.

Nice featurettes to have:

Set Design

Actor Interviews (something besides the fluff promo variety)

Beards Interviewed

Stuntwork / Fencing Sessions

Special Effects / CGI

Costume Design

The Evolution of All the Scripts (We'll NEVER see this!)

and, maybe some unexpected segments on things like...

The Indy NASCAR win

Indy Fans Gone Wild!

Sparky

It would be nice to have a picture gallery, with posters, marketing tie-ins, promo shots, etc etc. Unfortunately, this seems to be a feature more prevalent on dvd releases of older films.

If they had all the trailers and tv spots, I would be having flashbacks to all those early mornings I would race to the Raven forum to see if a new trailer/tv spot had been posted yet.

I would love it if they included all the cross-promo ads...like the commercials for M&M's, which I still haven't seen.

Last edited by Agent Z : 06-20-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #56
robweiner8
IndyFan

I think it'd be cool if they included the Pancho Villa episode of Young Indy on the KotCS DVD
robweiner8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #57
James
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Z
It would be nice to have a picture gallery, with posters, marketing tie-ins, promo shots, etc etc. Unfortunately, this seems to be a feature more prevalent on dvd releases of older films.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of dvd extras that have fallen into that category.

It will be interesting to see if KOTCS gets the same type of treatment that the prequels received. One extra I really want to see is footage of Harrison practicing the whip on set.

And, as I mentioned in another thread, maybe an extra that is just ten minutes of Karen Allen smiling at the camera.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #58
Crusade>Raiders
IndyFan

PLEEEEASE come on Blu-Ray man. I got like 30+ Blu-Rays already, but Indy is number one on my list.
Crusade>Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #59
OmegaSeamaster
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusade>Raiders
PLEEEEASE come on Blu-Ray man. I got like 30+ Blu-Rays already, but Indy is number one on my list.

I want the Indy films on Blu-Ray, and I'll even give my KOTCS disc free to anyone on this board who wants it.

Yech.
OmegaSeamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #60
Crusade>Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSeamaster
I want the Indy films on Blu-Ray, and I'll even give my KOTCS disc free to anyone on this board who wants it.

Yech.

You could send it to me so I can have two I guess
Crusade>Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 AM   #61
Benraianajones
IndyFan

Send it me but I don't have Blu-ray.
Benraianajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #62
EddyW
IndyFan

I wouldn't mind a different cut that acknowledges most of the common complaints of the fans, like take out most of the lame jokes, monkeys, on screen aliens, etc. and allow for some more character moments. Maybe they would have to shoot some extra stuff for this, but I think it would be more then worth it. I also realize it would be highly impractical to do and it will never happen, but still...
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #63
StoneTriple
IndyFan

Original Film
Original Trailers
Full Soundtrack

Those are the only things I ever watch on DVDs anyway.

I never watch "the making of", "behind the scenes", or "director\actor commentary" extras. That stuff ruins the magic for me.
StoneTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #64
The Man
IndyFan

A featurette in which Darabont and Koepp don Roman armour and fight to the death in gladiatorial combat. My money's on Frank with a swift amputation of Dave's silly fingers, slowly bleeding him out.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #65
graz
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyW
I wouldn't mind a different cut that acknowledges most of the common complaints of the fans, like take out most of the lame jokes, monkeys, on screen aliens, etc. and allow for some more character moments. Maybe they would have to shoot some extra stuff for this, but I think it would be more then worth it. I also realize it would be highly impractical to do and it will never happen, but still...

Maybe an editing studio feature would be good, along with deleted scenes that you can re-insert. Wouldn't it be great if they did that on every major DVD release?
graz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #66
sunshinestate1992
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
A featurette in which Darabont and Koepp don Roman armour and fight to the death in gladiatorial combat. My money's on Frank with a swift amputation of Dave's silly fingers, slowly bleeding him out.
HAY you posted a similar post a few minutes ago D: haha im just kidding wiht you, i thought you said frank marshall a clean decapitation.!!!
sunshinestate1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #67
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by salussolia
HAY you posted a similar post a few minutes ago D: haha im just kidding wiht you, i thought you said frank marshall a clean decapitation.!!!

I posted it in the wrong thread, had to delete it and repost here...
Old 06-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #68
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

Can everyone please quit threadcrapping? Give your honest opinions of what should be on the eventual DVD instead of just being idiotic.

I for one would like an isolated score. It's a wish.

Too many n00b fans lately and new users.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #69
Shortie
IndyFan

I want 20-discs & a commentary by Lucas, Ford, LaBeouf & Allen. I want some featurettes on the set, anticipation, all the various scripts & the history of the movie. Also the various trailers, tv spots & promotional stuff. (Dr. Pepper, BK, BK toy line)
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #70
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
I want 20-discs & a commentary by Lucas, Ford, LaBeouf & Allen. I want some featurettes on the set, anticipation, all the various scripts & the history of the movie. Also the various trailers, tv spots & promotional stuff. (Dr. Pepper, BK, BK toy line)
There'd most obviously be 2-Discs for the film.
The rest would probably be fan made DVD's.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #71
IndyFan89
IndyFan

My wish: That they would release a date on this!
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #72
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
My wish: That they would release a date on this!
Probably September or October. Always on a Tuesday too.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:50 AM   #73
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of dvd extras that have fallen into that category.

What I meant is that newer films rarely get photo/movie poster galleries. Those type of extras are usually found on older, cult films.

Throw in a copy of a 70's Italian horror film, and you will get a poster gallery full of international 1-sheets..along with production stills and promo materials.

Throw in a copy of, say Cloverfield, and you won't get said galleries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
One extra I really want to see is footage of Harrison practicing the whip on set.

A whole featurette of Harrison using the whip to open car doors, steal a drink from the Crafts service table, sign autographs, etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz
Maybe an editing studio feature would be good, along with deleted scenes that you can re-insert. Wouldn't it be great if they did that on every major DVD release?

Deletes scenes is one option I skipped, because I just don't fathom it being a possibility with the Beards.

How did Lucas handle the prequel dvds.....were there deleted scenes on those?

Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 AM   #74
Zorg
IndyFan

A thorough Making Of documentary about the beginnings of Indy IV/KotCS, something like The Beginning on the Episode I DVD. I'm sure they filmed a lot of pre-production stuff, concept design, set design... the whole thing. And not just 30 minutes, I want a full-length documentary!

Obviously a commentary by Spielberg would be cool, but since he probably won't do it, I'd be happy to get Ford and Lucas. Maybe Koepp and some other cast members too?

Quote:
How did Lucas handle the prequel dvds.....were there deleted scenes on those?

Yes there were. The deleted scenes are a must here, since they didn't include deleted scenes from the classic films on the Trilogy box.
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #75
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Obviously a commentary by Spielberg would be cool, but since he probably won't do it, I'd be happy to get Ford and Lucas. Maybe Koepp and some other cast members too?

I think Spielberg forbids commentaries from anybody on his films.