So no Toht/German Mechanic figures in 2009?

indyclone25

but who knows ? i mean why would habsbro spend money on the reissue commercial of the indy whip and then spend money money for the commercial of the akator playset ? hmmmm what do they know that we don't , hmmmmm?

singsingjohnny

Yeah, I say To Be Continued...

I think Hasbro is being pretty vague about the future (or non-future) of this line. Why hold the license if you aren't going to use it? And remember, Hasbro is partly owned by Lucas & Co., so the licensing fees probably aren't too bad for them...

Just seems like a lot of prep work/marketing/R&D/etc for FOUR WAVES of figures.

We'll see what happens in '09. I have a gut feeling that it isn't quite as gloomy as imaginations are making it out to be.

monkey man

Get the Kenner Toht and German Mechanic figures. Not to mention regular Belloq, German Indy and Marion in the white dress. They fit in with the Hasbro figs.

Most of them can be picked up loose for $10 except Marion. Heck, you can get Toht carded for $10 to $15. Better than nothing. Again, thanks for nothing Hasbro.

The gaps in my Hasbro set are filled with my Kenner figures.

singsingjohnny

True, the Kenner ones would fit in really well...good ldea!

I just hope Hasbro does the one figure that I think MUST be made...

2531589248_4c6edb5445.jpg

THE PRAIRIE DOG FROM THE OPENING OF KOTCS!

;)

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

Goonie

singsingjohnny said:
True, the Kenner ones would fit in really well...good ldea!

I just hope Hasbro does the one figure that I think MUST be made...
THE PRAIRIE DOG FROM THE OPENING OF KOTCS!
;)
I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

I was hoping for a Nuke the Fridge deluxe set consisting of Indy and the lead-lined fridge. I'm actually serious about this. That's a set I'd love to have.(y)

UIMJ

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I wonder if those figures are the same scale? I always thought that the Disney figures were a tad taller.

They are. More or less the Disney figures (while fun) are not to scale at all with the Hasbro or Kenner line. I can't believe that more collector's here aren't into the vintae stuff. I mean, I know it's pricey, but it's finite as hell and makes for a great little collection. The hell with MOC from that era, just buy 'em loose and try to complete them. They only go on display anyway.

monkey man

UIMJ said:
They are. More or less the Disney figures (while fun) are not to scale at all with the Hasbro or Kenner line. I can't believe that more collector's here aren't into the vintae stuff. I mean, I know it's pricey, but it's finite as hell and makes for a great little collection. The hell with MOC from that era, just buy 'em loose and try to complete them. They only go on display anyway.

I agree. There weren't that many things released. It's an easy line to complete. Loose with accessories can be done fairly easily. They are cool in their own way. I hate to say it but I like them more than the new ones. The new ones are good in their own way.
Besides, where are you going to get a Well of Souls, Map Room props or the Cairo props if you don't get the Kenner stuff. Must haves for me.

Deckard

nevsky41 said:
wow, I can't believe tnswman hasn't gotten on this thread and called everyone stupid yet...

Hes banned at the moment. He can't even view threads let alone respond.

Good advice? Don't promote the assassanation of a president.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Deckard said:

We've heard mixed reports on this (Resident Alien's talked about it), but we don't actually ban IPs or anything - we don't even have the ability. So he can view everything, save for theraider.net tables.

Anyhow. Let's not speculate about him and any activities he's almost certainly not involved in, especially while he's gone, eh, chums?

To the topic at hand: sure begins to sound more and more like we're going to get a fifth one, for better or worse. So we'll get this figures then.

Wugmanmax

That is very exciting, on both counts! I hope they also dust off the TOD molds for those of us that haven't been able to find them, should the 5th movie get off the ground.

snake_surprise

It is a sad day when I am only looking forward to a new "Indiana Jones" (I use those quotes deliberately) movie only for new action figures.

Sigh...

MaxPhactor23

Deckard said:

Good advice? Don't promote the assassanation of a president.

Bwahahahaha! I smell a real winner. ;)

snake_surprise said:
It is a sad day when I am only looking forward to a new "Indiana Jones" (I use those quotes deliberately) movie only for new action figures.

Sigh...

Isn't that the truth? I feel yah there...crappy movie that could potentially disgrace the image of Indiana Jones for classic figures…bring on Toht!!!

Crusade>Raiders

Beginning of the year, I would have never thought the best thing to come out this Indiana Jones resurrection would be action figures :D