X-Men: First Class

TheMutt92

Teaser Trailer:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UrbHykKUfTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain Craig

The individual character spots released are really great!! I hope they do a few more prior to release.
"X-Men: First Class" hits theaters in just under a month, taking Professor X and Magneto back to their early days and introducing a new group of mutants to the live-action "X-Men" universe.

However, while fans of Marvel's famous mutants might be well acquainted with some of the characters in the film, there are a few new mutants joining the fray ? and a few characters who received a tweak or two on their way to the big screen. That's why we're thrilled to offer you an exclusive video introduction to three of the "First Class" mutants: Banshee, Havok, and Beast.

TheMutt92

Early (positive) buzz... maybe this will be the summer's superhero film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/early-reaction-matthew-vaughns-xmen-class/

/Film
It fits right in with Bryan Singer?s first two X-Men films and is probably the second best film in the series next to X-Men United. And I say that with a certain but of nostalgia for the sequel, as it came out at a time when comic book adaptations didn?t strive to be anything more than popcorn fun. But the more and more I think about it, the more and more I think Vaughn?s film might have surpassed it.

Bleeding Cool
First Class contains some of the briskest and most efficient storytelling I?ve seen in any recent blockbuster. An awful lot happens, and awfully quickly at times, but it?s all clear and while some nice moments might be over in the blink of an eye, this can only reward repeat viewers.

HitFix
X-Men: First Class is a genuinely good movie, not just a good superhero movie.

HeyUGuys
Vaughn?s ability to direct action, and sense of humour run through the film, while the film still feels very much like a part of the world Singer created in his movies.

Blogomatic 3000
There is all the excitement, pace and spectacle that you would expect and want from an X-Men film.

TheMutt92

Interview w/ Matthew Vaughn...

http://www.slashfilm.com/film-interview-xmen-class-director-matthew-vaughn/

You were up for X3 as well as Thor, what was it about X-Men First Class that finally made you decide to make a Marvel movie?

It was gonna happen. Immediately. X3 I didn’t do purely because I was naïve enough back then to apply my low budget filmmaking experience and didn’t think I’d have enough time to make the film I wanted to make. And since then I’ve made Kick Ass and Stardust so I have far more experience as a director. I was sort of kicking myself for not doing X3 and then what happened with Thor was I worked on the screenplay with Mark Protosevich and was beginning to start do concept work and stuff on it and then I realized that they weren’t going to commit to making it as quickly as I would have hoped for. Ironically I’ve now made, in that time period, Kick Ass and X-Men First Class. And when Fox rang up saying are you interested in doing it, I had unfinished business after not doing X3 and I was actually more excited because for X3 I would have really had to follow the lead of X1 and X2 and the characters were mainly cast. I knew with X-Men First Class I could start fresh, get a new piece of canvas and paint what I wanted.

Captain Craig

I've really been warming up to this over the last several months. It took FOX awhile to get the PR machine up and going but they finally did and the last few weeks has been a good push.

Did anyone see "live" the skywriting 'X' they put in the sky over Los Angeles? A pic was posted on their Facebook page.

Can't wait for this, only 3 days away!!

Dr.Sartorius

Captain Craig said:
I've really been warming up to this over the last several months. It took FOX awhile to get the PR machine up and going but they finally did and the last few weeks has been a good push.

Did anyone see "live" the skywriting 'X' they put in the sky over Los Angeles? A pic was posted on their Facebook page.

Can't wait for this, only 3 days away!!

I saw it while it was being made. Pretty cool. I knew it had to be for X-Men.

TheMutt92

Just got back from this. Easily the best film in the franchise and the best film of the summer so far.

The 60's time frame gives way for a James Bond-esque plot, w/ world domination and warring nations threatening mankind. The soundtrack is great, and also references the time period as well. My only minor complaint with the film is that some members of the Hellfire Club (especially Azazel) aren't developed all that much (but its better w/ its characters then the previous films).

As far as actors go, Michael Fassbender is the one who will benefit the most from this film. He's been one of my favorite actors over the past couple years, popping up in 300 and Inglourious Basterds. His performance as Magneto is electrifying, carefully straddling the line between hero and villain. Here's hoping the film gives him the platform he needs to do what he wants. Aside from Fassbender, James MacAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Kevin Bacon, and Nicholas Hoult all give standout performances as well.

And as for those cameos, Storm's was a nice little touch, while Rebecca Romijn's was a bit unneccesarry but fit nicely I suppose for continuity's sake. But Hugh Jackman's takes the cake. Totally fit his character. Even in a movie where he's not a lead, Wolverine can still steal the show.

Some people are calling this a prequel, others a reboot. Personally, I would say its more a prequel than a reboot. Even though there are differences, such as
Charles losing his ability to walk, which would appear to contradict X3's opening.
, I think for the most part, the film sets itself up in line w/ the previous films (except Wolverine, but that's understandable). I don't think it detracts its place in continuity at all. If you think of it more in terms of a comic book than a film, it works.

Overall, I'd say a very high 4/5.