What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

TheFedora

I would say he is looking better now...although I still would not bet on any Indy 5 announcements until well after SW7 is finished.

curmudgeon

Here, I'll make him look even better yet...

ford-copy2.jpg

IndyForever

Z dweller said:
"Listen up Harry, I have this great idea about inter dimensional beings."

"Hmmm... I'm not so sure George."

;)
Lucas wanted Aliens originally Spielberg got him to change them to interdimensional beings!

Blame ID4 for the delay from that pic as Spielberg refused to do it circa mid-late 1990's as he felt it was too similar & was obviously not as keen as Ford who was the true force behind getting KOTCS made after 19 years as he really wanted to play Indy again.

What a shame hey....that we didn't get two more Harry Indy films in the 90's set it the big 40's would have been perfect and great.

Look how good he still looked in that young Indy episode. Even in 1998 he looked great and still had the classic Indy look in 'six days seven nights. 2008 was too late.

Montana Smith

Túrin Turambar said:
What a shame hey....that we didn't get two more Harry Indy films in the 90's set it the big 40's would have been perfect and great.

Look how good he still looked in that young Indy episode. Even in 1998 he looked great and still had the classic Indy look in 'six days seven nights. 2008 was too late.

Sometimes when I'm talking to people in the real world about movies, I'll get the topic to Harrison Ford and drop the idea of another Indiana Jones movie into the conversation. Everyone so far thought it was a ridiculous or implausible idea: "He's too old" is invariably the phrase.

For the movie makers Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford is going to be a leap of faith. Aside from a hard core of supporters, I can't see a favourable response. Six years ago the joke was he was too old, and they even played with that in the film itself.

As I've written many times, Harrison could play Indy again and breathe life once more into the character as he did in KOTCS, but he can't reasonably be the all-action hero that the audience associate with the movie Indy.

If all the action is going to be undertaken by a surrogate younger side-kick, and Indy is relegated to an advisory/fatherly capacity, then Indy becomes Marcus, or his own father scaring seagulls with an umbrella.

The only upside is seeing Harrison once more become the man in the hat.

However, it would be as sad an end as seeing that old one-eyed, story-telling bumbler bookending Young Indiana Jones.

Let him end with KOTCS, where at least he got to be a bit of an 'action hero'!

Hanselation

Montana Smith said:
Sometimes when I'm talking to people in the real world about movies, I'll get the topic to Harrison Ford and drop the idea of another Indiana Jones movie into the conversation. Everyone so far thought it was a ridiculous or implausible idea: "He's too old" is invariably the phrase.

For the movie makers Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford is going to be a leap of faith. Aside from a hard core of supporters, I can't see a favourable response. Six years ago the joke was he was too old, and they even played with that in the film itself.

As I've written many times, Harrison could play Indy again and breathe life once more into the character as he did in KOTCS, but he can't reasonably be the all-action hero that the audience associate with the movie Indy.

If all the action is going to be undertaken by a surrogate younger side-kick, and Indy is relegated to an advisory/fatherly capacity, then Indy becomes Marcus, or his own father scaring seagulls with an umbrella.

The only upside is seeing Harrison once more become the man in the hat.

However, it would be as sad an end as seeing that old one-eyed, story-telling bumbler bookending Young Indiana Jones.

Let him end with KOTCS, where at least he got to be a bit of an 'action hero'!

I don't think so. Look how fit Harrison is these days. For me he is still believable as Indiana Jones.
If Harrison would say he will do another one, I would be happy about that, because Harrisons will know what he does.

Trust him! :D

Montana Smith

Hanselation said:
I don't think so. Look how fit Harrison is these days. For me he is still believable as Indiana Jones.
If Harrison would say he will do another one, I would be happy about that, because Harrisons will know what he does.

Trust him! :D

But that's precisely the issue that faces the film makers. Members here are more likely to accept him than the general movie-going public, who will only associate the character with action and a younger man.

I wouldn't like to see an Indy in his mid-seventies being dragged behind a truck along a desert road. Or risk hypothermia strapped to the periscope of a submarine. :(

Whereas there are options for a less active role that's still true to the character, as with Attila's Hitchcockian Indy.

For those putting up the money it's a question of mind over heart, unless they commit to more of a niche film than the barnstorming blockbuster we come to expect.

sheffsteve

Tbh I don't see that there is a need for it to be an all out balls to the wall action movie. I can quite happily, and in fact would probably prefer, a well thought out, interesting movie that had character and good plot. Harrison is getting old but surely a character like Indy, if real, wouldn't just give up and retire? One last film with Atlantis as it's plot and I'd be happy.

TheFedora

sheffsteve said:
Tbh I don't see that there is a need for it to be an all out balls to the wall action movie. I can quite happily, and in fact would probably prefer, a well thought out, interesting movie that had character and good plot. Harrison is getting old but surely a character like Indy, if real, wouldn't just give up and retire? One last film with Atlantis as it's plot and I'd be happy.

I have always thought Fate of Atlantis would be one of the best stories to adapt from the previous indy media such as comics. Has the strongest story i believe and could reasonably have Indy close it out that way.

WilliamBoyd8

Just a coincidence:

Silent film star Harrison Ford was struck by an automobile in 1951 and suffered a fractured ankle and a concussion.

He died in 1957, reported due to the injuries.

:(

Yeah he broke his nose several times when he was young, but this time, he has a bump at the top. Well it does not really matter, but I just noticed that?