USA Network Indy Trilogy Marathon !

The Man

Snakes said:
I noticed some weird stuff I'd never seen before while watching Raiders just now. First, did it seem like the shot where Gobler and the Troop car go over the cliff was redone with CG? It looked sharper and more realistic than I remember it. I haven't seen Raiders in awhile though so I could easily be wrong. The second is in this scene.

http://www.theraider.net/showimage..../films/raiders/gallery/dvdscreenshots/330.jpg

I'm positive that Toht is a dummy in this shot. He never moves a centimeter, is slouched crazily low in his seat, and his jacket is folded in a weird way. Has anyone ever noticed this?

Toht looks to have no neck at all in that one. Suspicious, indeed.

Indy Pendant

I just finally realized that I have USA HD, which means that I get to watch the movie with only two-inch bars at the top and bottom of my screen rather than six-inch bars.

NYCGoldenIdol

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Temple of Doom tomorrow night. Then on saturday my friend and I are going to see the Crystal Skulls. What an Indy weekend I'm going to have:D

Indy-Anna

NYCGoldenIdol said:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Temple of Doom tomorrow night. Then on saturday my friend and I are going to see the Crystal Skulls. What an Indy weekend I'm going to have:D

Lucky. :) I want to go see KOTCS again (for a third time) but I doubt my parents or my brother would be willing to drop me off to see a movie I've already seen twice.

Oh well, I'll just have to settle for seeing TOD on tv. ;) I'm always up for a new Indy adventure.

NYCGoldenIdol

Indy-Anna said:
Lucky. :) I want to go see KOTCS again (for a third time) but I doubt my parents or my brother would be willing to drop me off to see a movie I've already seen twice.

Oh well, I'll just have to settle for seeing TOD on tv. ;) I'm always up for a new Indy adventure.

Oh, and the Last Crusade is going to be on saturday night too. What an awesome weekend to have(y)

Do you have a friend, who can drop you off to see KOTCS again?

Last edited:

Rococo

yodazone said:
Reminder Bump!

The USA Network is re-airing "Raiders" tonight at 8:30pm!

With "Temple of Doom" on Friday & "Last Crusade" on Saturday!

http://www.usanetwork.com/movies/indianajones/

Friday and Saturday will feature back 2 back Indy movies as well!

(y) (y)

USA has done a great job in presenting the films-I usually hate watching good movies on network TV, due to all the cutting and commercials- but these (well, at least Raiders so far) were cut well, with sparse commercials placed in actual appropriate places, and the quality (on my non-HD tv) looked fantastic! It may be ridiculous to be waiting for a 24 year old film that I have on DVD to air on network TV- but I'm exited for TOD tonight!

Indy-Anna

NYCGoldenIdol said:
Oh, and the Last Crusade is going to be on saturday night too. What an awesome weekend to have(y)

Do you have a friend, who can drop you off to see KOTCS again?

Unfortunatly not. But I may be able to see it soon if it's showing at the movie theatre near the summer camp I'm going to in about a week. *crosses fingers*

And on a side note, I'm watching TOD right now and I'm really enjoying it so far! (y)

Crusade>Raiders

Its crazy. I've seen these movies dozens of times, I have them on DVD, and yet I still watched Raiders/Doom/Crusade every time they come on TV. I'll be watching my fave Indy tomorrow too :whip:

Indy-Anna

sarah navarro said:
You've never seen TOD before:confused: :p

Nope, not before last night. I wasn't allowed to see it when I was younger (now I know why!) and we never owned it 'cause it never was a favorite in my family, so I never had a chance to see it until last night.

I enjoyed it though. (y)

sarah navarro

Indy-Anna said:
Nope, not before last night. I wasn't allowed to see it when I was younger (now I know why!) and we never owned it 'cause it never was a favorite in my family, so I never had a chance to see it until last night.

I enjoyed it though. (y)
Congratulations!(y)
It's my favorite movie of all time.:whip:

Michael24

Crusade>Raiders said:
Its crazy. I've seen these movies dozens of times, I have them on DVD, and yet I still watched Raiders/Doom/Crusade every time they come on TV. I'll be watching my fave Indy tomorrow too :whip:
I'm the same way. Lots of movies I don't bother watching on TV because of commercial interruptions and the cropped aspect ratio, and because I may also have them on DVD anyway. But the Indy films are a small handful of movies that I almost always end up watching whenever I catch them on TV. :)

Kooshmeister

My mom caught the truck chase in Raiders Thursday, but I missed it. Darn. I wanted to see if they still used the funky-looking redo of Gobler's chasm fall. Did they?

Anyway, I was able to come in and sit down and watch the last of Temple of Doom. I was a little upset when they cut out Indy's hilarious, exasperated, "Oh....****" on the bridge, but glad they kept "Prepare to meet Kali...in hell!"