USA Network Indy Trilogy Marathon !

Michael24

Yeah, that's strange. I remember the last time USA did a marathon a few years ago they showed all three in order the first night, then they were just cycled randomly for repeats throughout the week.

I wonder if that weird version of Raiders that adds more sound effects and dialogue during the truck chase is still used for TV airings. I'll have to try and tune in to find out.

sarah navarro

Finally!I've never seen the trilogy on t.v. before:D
Ok im gonna watch these on tv and im gonna have my own marathon before i see KOTCS that should hold me off for awhile,eventhough i just watched LC and ROTLA yesterday:)

Avilos

Only thing I can figure is they wanted to show RAIDERS in prime time. Which is why it will be shown last.

Raiders of Clay

Well I know what Im doing that day. I can't remember the last time Indy was on T.V. In whatever order it comes in it is a great way to kick of May.:D

Crack that whip

Adamwankenobi said:
Kind of a strange order they're showing them in. :confused:

Not really. Obviously they're showing them in the series' internal chronological order, just choosing to sequence Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in the series according to its earliest scenes rather than its latest ones.
;)

(Possibly interesting note: Counting all of the Young Indy material collectively as a single "project" equivalent to a single feature film, as is often done... has anyone ever noticed how each successive screen Indy production is at least in part a prequel to what has come before? Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom takes place entirely before Raiders of the Lost Ark, the opening minutes of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade take place before either of those, and most of The (Adventures of) Young Indiana Jones (Chronicles) takes place before any of the movies, aside from the Crusade prologue. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the latest of four feature films and a TV series, should actually be the first of all those Raiders follow-ups to actually be set entirely after the original movie - at least, as far as we spoiler-dodgers know, anyway [and no, that's not an invitation for spoiler-savvy fans to correct me if I'm wrong; there'll be plenty of time for that after May 22nd]...)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Channel 7 in Australia is now doing the same thing! Each week counting down to KOTCS, they will show one film every Wednesday! Just saw the promo's today. :whip:

Lord_glavin

I posted this in a thread earlier but TV 3 in New Zealand is showing it on tv too

its like DVD with special bonus features of advertisments!

Indy Black

Thanks for the info, I'll be watching as I don't own any of the films on dvd(waiting for them to be re-released). Saves a poor college student, watch them on tv(y)

Plus I can catch my girlfriend up on the Indy films as she's never seen any of them, yes shocking but true.

patrickm2009

nah

me and some friends are having an indy party on the 17. were watching them all then. when you watch on tv something ALMOST ALWAYS gets cut.

indyfan105

I have direct tv in HD.. both USA and scifi are in HD.. I wonder how they will play the 3 indy movies on HD? will be in letterbox format or reformatted for the tv.. anyone got any answers?

thanks

Jacob